Windows 10: How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10?

Discus and support How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I did right click > Sort By > Name but my appssome are folders didn't sorted in alphabetic manner but some random manner.Does anybody knows how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kishan Rajput, Feb 1, 2023.

1. How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10?

I did right click > Sort By > Name but my appssome are folders didn't sorted in alphabetic manner but some random manner.Does anybody knows how to automatically set apps iconssome are folders in alphabetic manner in win 10?

:)

Kishan Rajput, Feb 1, 2023

2. How to arrange files in an alphabetical order

Hi Julie,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to arrange files in an alphabetical order.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

• Open the folder or library that you want to sort in the File Explorer.

• Go to View
      on the top and expand the View ribbon by double clicking on it. Click Sort by, and then select Name, then click Ascending.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails?

Anyone know of a setting/hack/freeware that will alphabetically arrange the folder thumbnails displayed on clickiing the FE icon?

How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10? 152923d1505220946t-alphabetically-arrange-folder-thumbnails-foldersort-1.jpg

I think they are currently arranged by order of opening. Sometimes I have 15-20 open and quickly locating the one I need can be tricky. Especially if similar names are not fully visible, e.g. USA2016 GPX, USA2016 Photos, etc.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Feb 1, 2023
  4. Kabboroo. Win User

How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10?

Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar

I have the Desktop toolbar added to my taskbar, but my question is how do I arrange the icons on the list that pops up? It is currently arranging them by date - newest icon at the bottom, but I want them alphabetical.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 Build 18363.815

How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10? 34716da6-f207-4059-a873-1e4099f09e49?upload=true.png

Kabboroo., Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10?

1. How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10? - Similar Threads - arrange apps icons

2. How to arrange my File Names alphabetically from A to Z?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to arrange my File Names alphabetically from A to Z?: I rebooted my new Mac Book Pro computer and noticed that my files were suddenly arranged upside down, or alphabetized from Z to A. Before this, all my files had been from A to Z. That's the normal way to look at files.My computer does not offer an ascending to descending...
  3. How to arrange my File Names alphabetically from A to Z?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to arrange my File Names alphabetically from A to Z?: I rebooted my new Mac Book Pro computer and noticed that my files were suddenly arranged upside down, or alphabetized from Z to A. Before this, all my files had been from A to Z. That's the normal way to look at files.My computer does not offer an ascending to descending...
  4. How to arrange my File Names alphabetically from A to Z?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10?: I did right click > Sort By > Name but my appssome are folders didn't sorted in alphabetic manner but some random manner.Does anybody knows how to automatically set apps iconssome are folders in alphabetic manner in win 10?...
  6. How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to arrange apps icons alphabetically in win. 10?: I did right click > Sort By > Name but my appssome are folders didn't sorted in alphabetic manner but some random manner.Does anybody knows how to automatically set apps iconssome are folders in alphabetic manner in win 10?...
  7. Win 10 and Alphabetical Arrangement of Files in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 and Alphabetical Arrangement of Files in Explorer: I just recently noticed in my Documents Folder that the files are arranged alphabetically rather than 'by use', which is what I prefer. I tried manually moving my New Book Stuff file to the top of the list and Explorer would not allow me to do so. I looked around for...
  8. How to make desktop icons alphabetic

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make desktop icons alphabetic: How do I make desktop icons list alphabetical? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-desktop-icons-alphabetic/8f5adb84-b7ae-478c-9db4-3b374e8acb69
  9. Is there a fix in being able to arrange my Desk top Icons in alphabetical? I know how to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a fix in being able to arrange my Desk top Icons in alphabetical? I know how to...: Is there a fix in being able to arrange my Desk top Icons in alphabetical? I know how to right click and pick sort choose Name and they display anywhere they want so frustrating....
  10. Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails?: Anyone know of a setting/hack/freeware that will alphabetically arrange the folder thumbnails displayed on clickiing the FE icon? [img] I think they are currently arranged by order of opening. Sometimes I have 15-20 open and quickly locating the one I need can be...