Windows 10: How to arrange multiple open windows of a software vertically

Discus and support How to arrange multiple open windows of a software vertically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Community, Take Google Chrome as an example. I often have many Google Chrome tabs simultaneously open. They are often arranged in multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tho Pham 247, Jan 13, 2019.

1. How to arrange multiple open windows of a software vertically

Dear Community,

Take Google Chrome as an example.

I often have many Google Chrome tabs simultaneously open. They are often arranged in multiple Google Chrome windows as per their own connection.

When their are "only a few" Google Chrome windowsm they will be horizontally arranged, which I find much harder to find the Window I want (PIcture 1).

When the number of Google Chrome windows increases, they will finally vertically arraged. I personally prefer this (Picture 2).

How can I customize the setting so that even if there are only a few Google Chrome windows open, they will still be vertically arranged?

Thank you for your time on my question.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ndVYEMrnSNxEhjKu_4GgSYtPG824VbP/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u01dqH629tG8Zu1X0jn1cEiV08V03RDl/view?usp=sharing

***Modified title from: How to arrange multiple open windows of an software VERTICALLY***

:)

Tho Pham 247, Jan 13, 2019

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jan 13, 2019
  3. i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How to arrange multiple open windows of a software vertically

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

How to arrange multiple open windows of a software vertically

1. How to arrange multiple open windows of a software vertically - Similar Threads - arrange multiple open

2. Desktop shortcuts arrange in vertical layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcuts arrange in vertical layout: I have a user who is using Surface Pro. The OS is Windows 11. Out of the blue, every single of his desktop icons are arranged in a single column right in the middle of the screen. I have tried playing around with the resolutions settings, text size and scaling and...
  3. Desktop shortcuts arrange in vertical layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcuts arrange in vertical layout: I have a user who is using Surface Pro. The OS is Windows 11. Out of the blue, every single of his desktop icons are arranged in a single column right in the middle of the screen. I have tried playing around with the resolutions settings, text size and scaling and...
  4. Keep Multiple Monitor Display Arrangement?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keep Multiple Monitor Display Arrangement?: Hi all, Have a challenging one here. I have 2 NVIDIA 1080's with 8 monitors currently plugged invisual arrangement below used for business. Even through there are 10 ports on the back of the cards combined, it appears I can only run 8. On occasion, I want to game on 1...
  5. Taskbar arranging open windows not default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar arranging open windows not default: I really need to be able to arrange my open all my file icons by project and not by programs. I need to have for Project A - Excel Word Putty side by side and then Project B - Explorer Word Putty UltraCompare side by side and so on NOT by program all excel side...
  6. Window arranging software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window arranging software?: Does such a thing exist? I want a program that watches for programs being opened, then it will check if the window for the program opened on the right monitor. If it did not, it will move it to the right one and set maximized/windowed mode per the config. I have 4 monitors,...
  7. Vertically arranged external monitor, maximized titlebar of window on #1 creeps onto...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Vertically arranged external monitor, maximized titlebar of window on #1 creeps onto...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cadtek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkzk0b/vertically_arranged_external_monitor_maximized/
  8. Eliminate multiple vertical and horizon lines on display

Eliminate multiple vertical and horizon lines on display: How to eliminate multiple vertical and horizontal lines on the display screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eliminate-multiple-vertical-and-horizon-lines-on/5fafc9e8-1c32-4ccf-94e1-9c39b4e62f82
  9. How to arrange multiple open windows of an software VERTICALLY

How to arrange multiple open windows of an software VERTICALLY: Dear Community, Take Google Chrome as an example. I often have many Google Chrome tabs simultaneously open. They are often arranged in multiple Google Chrome windows as per their own connection. When their are "only a few" Google Chrome windowsm they will be...
  10. Multiple columns in vertical taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple columns in vertical taskbar?: Is there any chance/hack/possibility to have multiple columns when locating the taskbar on the side of the desktop? I mean, when vertical, no matter how thick the taskbar is made, there is always only one icons column and one needs to scroll it, when those do not fit:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 how stock open windows vertically