Windows 10: How to arrange windows in windows 11 with 2 external monitors, the laptop monitor and up to...

Discus and support How to arrange windows in windows 11 with 2 external monitors, the laptop monitor and up to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I typically have the laptop and two external monitors going with anywhere up to 12 apps open at a time. In addition I can not seem to figure out how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TonyAPCan, May 24, 2024.

1. TonyAPCan Win User

How to arrange windows in windows 11 with 2 external monitors, the laptop monitor and up to...

I typically have the laptop and two external monitors going with anywhere up to 12 apps open at a time. In addition I can not seem to figure out how to even get the stupid Snap Windows thing to work. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea. Why fix something that wasn't broken????? Can we please get the tile windows option back??? Please????

:)

TonyAPCan, May 24, 2024
  2. nikpaws Win User

Windows 11 Laptop not able to detect External Monitor LG24GN650

I am not able to detect my external monitor on windows 11 specifically. There is no physical connection issue as the monitor works when I connect it to another device operating on windows 10. There is also not any issue with my Windows 11 laptop's HDMI port as it works on other displays as well. It means the issue is specifically with the LG driver.

I have tried the following methods to solve the issue but was unsuccessful:

1. Updated intel and nvidia graphics driver
    2. Updated Windows 11
    3. Updated display driver from Device manager

As the monitor was not able to auto-detect I tried running the monitor driver exe file but it was showing error "Monitor is not LG manufactured"

nikpaws, May 24, 2024
  3. kumetix Win User
    External (Dell) monitor not recognized any more by Dell Precision 7560 after upgrade to Windows 11

External (Dell) monitor not recognized any more by Dell Precision 7560 after upgrade to Windows 11

• The connection is via a cable where one end is a DVI port connected to monitor and the other end is a HDMI port connected to laptop
    • My other laptop, Dell XPS 15 with Ubuntu 20 - recognizes the external monitor.
    • Before upgrading to Windows 11, problematic laptop (Dell Precision 7560) had Windows 10, and external monitor was recoginzed.

kumetix, May 24, 2024
  4. How to arrange windows in windows 11 with 2 external monitors, the laptop monitor and up to...

Desktop icons re-arrange when connecting external monitor

I have a laptop as my primary work computer and sometimes I connect it on the same monitor as always. But this time I wanted to test what would happen if I set the secondary monitor as primary.

Since then, if my laptop is set to primary, I connect it to my monitor and if the external monitor position is set to right, all my desktop icons re-arrange. If the external moitor is set as primary and if the monitor position is set to left, it re-arrange
    the icons too.

I want the Icons to stay at there places, like before. how can I do it?

GreenData17, May 24, 2024
Thema:

How to arrange windows in windows 11 with 2 external monitors, the laptop monitor and up to...

1. How to arrange windows in windows 11 with 2 external monitors, the laptop monitor and up to... - Similar Threads - arrange external monitors

2. How to arrange windows in windows 11 with 2 external monitors, the laptop monitor and up to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to arrange windows in windows 11 with 2 external monitors, the laptop monitor and up to...: I typically have the laptop and two external monitors going with anywhere up to 12 apps open at a time. In addition I can not seem to figure out how to even get the stupid Snap Windows thing to work. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea. Why fix something that wasn't...
  3. Windows 11 laptop not working consistently with external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop not working consistently with external monitor: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon with a new install of Windows 11 Enterprise. I have the laptop connected to an external monitor and several other peripherals through a Lenovo Thinkpad Dock. All other peripherals are behaving as expected. I've set all the power options to...
  4. Windows 11 laptop not working consistently with external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop not working consistently with external monitor: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon with a new install of Windows 11 Enterprise. I have the laptop connected to an external monitor and several other peripherals through a Lenovo Thinkpad Dock. All other peripherals are behaving as expected. I've set all the power options to...
  5. Connecting Windows 11 Laptop to External Pixio Monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Windows 11 Laptop to External Pixio Monitor?: Hi all! Does anyone know if it's possible to connect a Lenovo Yoga 7i laptop running on Windows 11 to an external Pixio monitor? My driver has been updated and cords and power sources should be working, but my laptop has been unable to detect a signal from the monitor. Has...
  6. External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?: I use an external monitor for my laptop, and the display is much bigger, but the resolution is limited by the laptop. All of the icons, the taskbar, and the mouse cursor are too big for the size of the monitor, it is as if I'm just using the laptop monitor. I have an NVIDIA...
  7. separate arrangement for different external monitor setups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    separate arrangement for different external monitor setups: Hi folks! I have a laptop and two external monitors. One is at home, and the other in the office. So it happens that it's convenient to have a laptop to the left from the external monitor in one setup and to the right in the other. However, the monitor arrangement recently...
  8. Hook up of 2 monitor to laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hook up of 2 monitor to laptop: I have an HP laptop running windows 10. I want to hook up an HP monitor to run as a second screen for work. The monitor came with a high speed USB cable. When I plug it into the laptop the screen on the monitor lights up with the HP logo and then goes black. When I do get...
  9. 2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor: Hi, I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I can only see half the taskbar. The view on my laptop is fine, although I keep it closed and just use the two monitors. Both...
  10. 2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff: Hi, I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I can only see half the taskbar. The view on my laptop is fine, although I keep it closed and just use the two monitors. Both...