Windows 10: How to assess the hdd connected to the router?

Discus and support How to assess the hdd connected to the router? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a external hdd which is connected to a tplink modem via usb. Currently can assess the hdd through the lan after I assigned the drive in "my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Perseides, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Perseides Win User

How to assess the hdd connected to the router?

I have a external hdd which is connected to a tplink modem via usb. Currently can assess the hdd through the lan after I assigned the drive in "my computer'. My question is how do I get the address for the hdd using normal browser? (eg: trying to connect to the usb external using my windows phone - edge browser OR just connecting to the usb external using chrome on windows 10 computer)

Typing 192.168.1.1 into the browser will only link to my modem.

Sorry if this question is very noob, I'm pretty bad with networking.

Sys: windows 10 connected to the router via a cat5, modem = tp-link 8980, storage setting enabled.

:)

Perseides, Jul 3, 2016

2. Just wondering if I am the only one that has not received my new windows on the 29th?

* Original Title: Windows 10 download

Just wondering if I am the only one that has not received my new windows on the 29th, I reserved it and gave download e-mail confirmation and have heard nothing from Microsoft. Please respond.

to the point, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Just wondering if I am the only one that has not received my new windows on the 29th?

I'M sorry I got my dates confused, For some reason I was thinking this month, Thank you for your rapid response it is greatly appreciated and as always keep doing the great job you folk's do.

to the point, Jul 3, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Your modem has to include the software in the modem's firmware to provide a HTML interface. This is the setup on the Netgear R7000 Nighthawk router:

How to assess the hdd connected to the router? [​IMG]

When I access the webpage produced by the router this is what I get:

And it's funny, I could have sworn I had a 64GB flash drive around here somewhere that I have been looking for for weeks now. I just found it! It's plugged into my router!

NavyLCDR, Jul 3, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    I have 2 NAS drives attached to my Router and use File Explorer to Map them, only have to do it once unless I disconnect them. Nice thing is I can Map the drives or Folders on them to gain read/write from Windows, Mac OS X and Linux computers, both Wired and Wireless/Wi-Fi. My Router has 2 USB 2.0 ports but no Card Reader. The NAS drives have a USB 3.0 each. The drives show up in File Explorer's Network along with other computers. The NAS drive lettering by default begins with Z: and works back up the alphabet, mine are Z: and Y:.

Berton, Jul 4, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    It looks like the OP has already done that:

Perseides is asking how to access the connected HDD through a web browser.

NavyLCDR, Jul 4, 2016
  7. Perseides Win User
    The problem is I'm not sure what the address is been set by the router.

However, when i type in 192.168.1.1/share , i get an error 403 forbidden.

Perseides, Jul 4, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

Yeah, you can't use 192.168.1.1, the last number has to be something different, mine are 192.168.1.115 and 192.168.1.126. The only thing I can offer is that I've had trouble getting TP-Link and Belken Routers properly set up.

Berton, Jul 4, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    The problem is that your modem/router does not have a web interface server built in to it for the USB storage device. The best you can hope for is to set up the FTP server and access it from the FTP client of your browser, FTP:\\192.168.1.1

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to assess the hdd connected to the router? - Similar Threads - assess hdd connected

2. Downloading to Router Connected HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading to Router Connected HDD: I have a HDD connected to an Asus DSL-AC68U router, I can view the files on the HDD on my laptop and all my media players. What I can’t do is download or copy/paste or delete files on it through my laptop. It’s an old laptop with Windows 8.1. Any ideas?...
  3. Downloading to Router Connected HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading to Router Connected HDD: I have a HDD connected to an Asus DSL-AC68U router, I can view the files on the HDD on my laptop and all my media players. What I can’t do is download or copy/paste or delete files on it through my laptop. It’s an old laptop with Windows 8.1. Any ideas?...
  4. Router connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Router connection: I am running windows 10 with no problems except my router.My computer will not connect via ethernet using the cable supplied or any other cable.I have to use wifi instead.I have had the router checked by Vodafone & all is fine.The cables have been checked by BTOpenreach & all...
  5. Cannot delete file on USB HDD connected to router

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete file on USB HDD connected to router: Windows 10, Ver 20H2 I have a HDD used for backup purposes connected to my Asus RT-N66U router. There are a few files/folders which I want to delete but I "...need permission to perform this action." Apparently, I "...require permission from RT-N66U-5088\admin to make...
  6. Connecting external HDD as Network drive with router repeater

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting external HDD as Network drive with router repeater: Dear Community, I am having problem connecting my external HDD as Network drive. I managed to connect my pen drive as network drive on the same router but when i replace Pen drive with my External drive I get error message saying as follows, [ATTACH] My Pen drive has...
  7. How to connect router 192.168.1.1 ?

How to connect router 192.168.1.1 ?: I am unable to connect to my router 192.168.1.1 which I have accessed many times in the past, but for unknown reasons I can not access it now. I have tried Firefox,chrome, IE, and Midori browsers. CISCO/Llinksys Wirless-G broadband router I am connected by blue ethernet...
  8. Connecting to the Router

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting to the Router: A recent Windows Update July 2020 has left my laptop automatically connecting to the Internet via the router even at start-up, and even though the option to "Connect Automatically" is in the off position / has not been selected. Sometimes, if I do a "Restart", the machine...
  9. backup on external hdd on router

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup on external hdd on router: i have an external hdd on my router and i want to make a system image backup there, but i can't find it when i have to choose a network location. what should i do?...
  10. How to connect Roku to the router?

How to connect Roku to the router?: I cannot connect my Roku smart TV to the router (I use wireless connection). I enter the password and it is correct but I keep getting a message "unable yo connect". I uninstalled the software and installed it again but with no effect...