Windows 10: How to assign a hotkey to execute a specific task on Windows 10?

Discus and support How to assign a hotkey to execute a specific task on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Let's say I'm using a program for work and for some reason I have to press S, down arrow key, press S again and tap left click on my mouse twice (which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/breddlyn, Jan 9, 2021.

1. How to assign a hotkey to execute a specific task on Windows 10?

Let's say I'm using a program for work and for some reason I have to press S, down arrow key, press S again and tap left click on my mouse twice (which I actually do), how can I do this?

submitted by /u/breddlyn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/breddlyn, Jan 9, 2021

2. Assign a full keyboard to a specific application

I connected a secound keyboard to my PC and it actet normally, like it should. Through the driver I assigned hotkeys with which I tried to contol OBS. The problem was, whenever I launched a game, this game blocked the hotkey and tried to execute it. So
    I wantet to know is there is any way to assign a full secound keyboard to one specific program.

Christopher Och, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Thanatica Win User
    Assign hotkey to calculator

We're talking about how to simply get the same hotkey-related behaviour as is possible for any other application.

• So why is calculator different?
    • Why does it not have properties like all other shortcuts?
    • Why do we get a new instance when we *make* a shortcut to it and use its hotkey?
    • How the flipping crickey did this get past testing, as assigning a hotkey to calculator is a pretty sane thing to do for a power user.

/edit

And why can this forum not preserve text formatting?

Thanatica, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Thanatica Win User

How to assign a hotkey to execute a specific task on Windows 10?

Assign hotkey to calculator

How can I assign a hotkey for the calculator? In Windows 7, I used to be able to right-click the calculator item in the start menu, select properties, and enter a hotkey. Works fine. But in Windows 10, the calculator shortcut in the start menu has no properties
    in the right-click-menu... So how to I get to its properties? And then how do I assign it a hotkey?

Thanatica, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

How to assign a hotkey to execute a specific task on Windows 10?

1. How to assign a hotkey to execute a specific task on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - assign hotkey execute

2. Hotkey help - Select Specific window?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hotkey help - Select Specific window?: Lets say you have 10 "active" windows/programs. Some are in restored state, some minimized. I know that you can toggle between windows by either Alt+tab or Alt+Ctrl+Tab, but is there hotkey to select a specific program/window? 181065
  3. Hotkey assignment messed up keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hotkey assignment messed up keyboard: So I will try to explain this as simply as possible. As it stumped me to the point of AAAAHHHHHH!! A buddy of mine called me up to help him solve an issue that his son was having with remapping a hotkey combination in the Xbox game bar on PC. He remapped the key combination...
  4. Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?: When using multidesktop, I can assign Microsoft Word to desktop #2. But then if I scroll to desktop #3, and if I open another Microsoft Word document, it will place it into desktop #3. I am curious if it is possible to limit certain apps to certain desktops. submitted by...
  5. Can't assign hotkey for Burmese language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't assign hotkey for Burmese language: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 version 1909 OS build 18363.778. Generally I use 3 languages input English, Thai and Chinese. Recently, I've started learning Burmese. I've tried to set hotkey for it but it doesn't work. I changed many key sequences but it doesn't help. Referring to...
  6. Assigning Application to Specific Desktop

Assigning Application to Specific Desktop: Is there any way to restrict a specific application to a specific desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/assigning-application-to-specific-desktop/f7e08427-455e-4c78-b1bd-806c6f4c1557
  7. How do I assign hotkeys to my keyboard in Windows 10 Home?

How do I assign hotkeys to my keyboard in Windows 10 Home?: I spilled wine on my new keyboard and broke it so I have to use my old keyboard which has some keys that don't work. I want to know how to assign those letters/symbols/numbers to other unused keys (like the pause break key). If the hotkeys don't work in games that's okay I...
  8. Change assigned hotkey for switching input language

Change assigned hotkey for switching input language: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I switch the hotkey assigned to switch input language. I do not want windows logo + spacebar. Please help me. With a previous PC, I assigned it the hotkey shift+ctrl. I would love to revert back to that. Thanks in advance, Sarah...
  9. Windows Built in OS hotkey (NOT assignable application hotkeys)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Built in OS hotkey (NOT assignable application hotkeys): We use dual screen with one application using 1 screen, and the other screen for everything else including the Desktop, File Explorer etc. Application 1 requires a special Macro Keyboard which sends out CTRL-SHIFT-1 (and 2, 3, 4 etc) to it. These cannot be changed....
  10. Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network: Hey All, I've been working in a lab recently where in order to connect to some of the hardware, we have to connect to a special wireless network, we'll call it <hardware network>. In order for everything to work, i have to use a pre-assigned static ipv4 address <hardware...