Windows 10: How to assign game pass games location after Fresh Windows Install

Discus and support How to assign game pass games location after Fresh Windows Install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title suggests, I'm trying to find out how to tell the Microsoft xbox games pass for windows beta app that all my games and (I think?) saves are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RossKitching, Nov 12, 2019.

1. How to assign game pass games location after Fresh Windows Install

As the title suggests, I'm trying to find out how to tell the Microsoft xbox games pass for windows beta app that all my games and (I think?) saves are installed on my e:/

I like to keep my (Os) c:/ clean, and reinstall windows often. Also, I do the occasional motherboard upgrade that requires a fresh install.

Every other app this basic requirement is quite simple - You just point the app to the folder on e:/ and most of your installed games appear. One, you just copy the old apps folder to the new.

I have a very, very slow connection in China and to download this all again would take close to a month. On top of that, web browsing grinds to a halt whilst xbox app is downloading and lots of games have to be downloaded 3 or 4 times.

How do I either:

a) backup everything to an external drive

Or

B) just point the xbox app to the folder on e:/?

Thanks

:)

RossKitching, Nov 12, 2019

2. Can't install games with game pass

Hi Ashenath,

If you can’t install Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

Check if you have the right Game Pass

Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App

Update to the latest Windows 10 version,viz v1903

Admin privileges for Games

Give Admin privileges for Games

Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work

Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live

If these steps didn't work, you can visit this link for further information:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cant-install-gam...

Feel free to give me feedback about this issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Nov 12, 2019
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Nov 12, 2019
  4. How to assign game pass games location after Fresh Windows Install

Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

How to assign game pass games location after Fresh Windows Install

1. How to assign game pass games location after Fresh Windows Install - Similar Threads - assign game pass

2. Restoring games after windows fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring games after windows fresh install: So i recently had to do a steam fresh install on my ssd. I deleted all my data from my ssd but kept my games on the hard drive. Now, after a fresh install, when i open steam my games aren't there and it won't let me use my previous library folder from my hard drive. This is...
  3. Game Pass not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass not installing: Hi, I am trying to get access to my games that I purchased on Xbox live. I have the Ultimate Game Pass, but it will never finish installing actually, it appears to never move pass 0% installed. Additionally, when I try to grab games from the Microsoft store, it tells me the...
  4. Dealing with Game Pass library after fresh installation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dealing with Game Pass library after fresh installation of Windows 10: Hey everyone, I installed Windows 10 on my new SSD but I wasn't able to reload the games downloaded from Game Pass on my HDD to my new Xbox App. It seems that I'll have to download my games again, right? Also, I couldn't find these games on the Settings menu to uninstall...
  5. Issue installing game pass game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue installing game pass game: I installed Age of Empires 2 from the pc game pass, went to load it and it wouldnt play, instead just asking permission for Microsoft Store package dependency. So i uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall it for it to only not install. Im currently stuck now in a loop. I...
  6. PC Game Pass and Game Installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC Game Pass and Game Installation: There is a few games that are available with the pass that I am not able to download. The install button will be greyed and when I click on "Install on this device" the Microsoft store will tell me I don't have any devices linked to my account. I have this issue with Gears 5,...
  7. Can't install games with game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install games with game pass: When I try to install some games from the store available with the game pass, the install button is greyed out. How do I download these games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games-with-game-pass/98acdb61-3939-4c5e-837f-6393c44f5eb2
  8. Game Pass Games Don't Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Pass Games Don't Install: Hi, For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to solve this issue. Xbox Game Pass games (like Gears of War 5) which require "Administrator Approval" fail to install with code 0x800700c1. I have tried just about everything you could imagine. Install game through Windows...
  9. Xbox Game Pass PC Game Save Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Pass PC Game Save Location: Does anyone know where the games downloaded from the xbox game pass pc save to? When you select to install a game it asks what drive you want to save to if you have multiple. I always select it to save to my HDD and not my SSD. But I had to reinstall my xbox game pass app...
  10. Installing games with Windows Game Pass Missing SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing games with Windows Game Pass Missing SSD?: Ive just got the gamepass for windows and am trying to install games onto the SSD drive I use for games. The problem is my Games SSD isnt listed, my other 2 SSDs and a WD Black hard drive are in the list though. The ssd works and is listed in disk management, but if I got...