Windows 10: How to assign icon to start menu tile.

Discus and support How to assign icon to start menu tile. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've got an old app from Everett Kaiser called Sherlock. I've got the app pinned to my start menu. The icon is a smoking Calibaster pipe. Recently the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardC, May 5, 2019.

1. RichardC Win User

How to assign icon to start menu tile.

I've got an old app from Everett Kaiser called Sherlock. I've got the app pinned to my start menu. The icon is a smoking Calibaster pipe. Recently the app icon changed to what I would describe as a white page. I've tried to unpin from start and repinned from app on c: drive, but it's still the white page. Does any one know how to assign the correct icon. See image below.

How to assign icon to start menu tile. [​IMG]

:)

RichardC, May 5, 2019
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, May 5, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    How to Move Desktop Icon to start Menu or create a tile.

I have even added my batch files to the apps list*Wink
    1. You need to create a desktop shortcut for it first by "send to desktop".
    2. Then cut & paste it into C:\Users\UserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    3. Open start menu and look on the list view, right click the icon(always make my own), and pin to start.
    4. I then go to my batch files original location, and a 256x256 .png of my icon, and an XML .VisualElementsManifest to it, and now I have my custom tile for my batch file.

Cliff S, May 5, 2019
  4. Hellopaul Win User

Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu

Hello,

Here is my start menu:

I cannot find how to make the icons for apps larger. For no apparent reason, the Opera Browser icon (the actual icon, not the blue tile) is larger than, say, the Adobe apps. And the 'Live Tile' icons are lovely and fill the tile.

Is there any way to control the size of the icon within the tile? It seems silly to have great big blue tiles, with a tiny little icon sitting in the middle of each one. I've searched around, but can only find information on how to alter the size of the whole tile, not the icon within it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

~ Paul

Hellopaul, May 5, 2019
Thema:

1. How to assign icon to start menu tile. - Similar Threads - assign icon start

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. How to change Start menu tile icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  4. Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?: I have 3 shortcuts to websites... specifically links to Zoom conferences. I have pinned these shortcuts to the start menu as small tiles. I made 3 icons, one for each, in Illustrator, saved as PNG, then ran them through Gimp to save as Icons. Gimp has changed a LOT since I...
  5. Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?

Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?: Hello, I've been searching for a while but I couldn't find sufficient answers on how to do this. Is there a tutorial to manually make and set tile icons for 3rd party programs that fill up the tiles as a whole just like Store app icons, without using any editing...
  6. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  7. How to Move Desktop Icon to start Menu or create a tile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Move Desktop Icon to start Menu or create a tile.: I'm totally befuddled. I have a program I run from a .exe that is in Programs(X86) file. I can put a shortcut on the Desktop. But the icon does not show in All Apps and I cannot figure out a way to a) get in the All Apps, and b) create a tile on the Start page. It seems...
  8. Start menu tiles reverted to the browser icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles reverted to the browser icon: A couple weeks ago my Windows 10 had a big update. When the computer restarted, my START menu icons (maybe they are called tiles) reverted to to the browser icon. This happened to most tiles in my START menu, which opened a website. See the screen shot below. All of these...
  9. Start menu tiles with default file icon - how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles with default file icon - how to solve it?: Hi! After reinstalling Windows 10.1709 x64 Pro I pinned to start menu program shortcuts and they have icon same as default file (no extension) and text only. Some tiles have icon and only really live tiles are ok, look: [img] This is default icon [img] How to solve...
  10. Web site icons on start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Web site icons on start menu tiles: Is it possible to change the edge icon on the tile to one from a web site such as Google or Ccleaner etc. on a small tile. Some come that way automatically, but for others one has to hover the mouse over to see the text. [img] 30597