Windows 10: How to assign Multiple IP Addresses to a Network Adapter

Discus and support How to assign Multiple IP Addresses to a Network Adapter in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time IT admin needs to set up multiple IP addresses to the same network adapter. Situations like hosting various SSL sites,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 10, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to assign Multiple IP Addresses to a Network Adapter

WinClub, Aug 10, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

I haven't tried, but you could connect your PC to the internet by cable and create an ad hoc wireless connection between the PC and the other device to get internet. Right-click on the network icon and select Network and Sharing Center. Then click on Change adapter settings. This shows all your adapters and connections. Right-click on the Ethernet connection and select Properties, then click the Sharing tab. Check the box to Allow sharing the connection and select your wireless connection from the list. I am not sure if it will work with automatic settings though, you may have to manually assign an IP address to the wireless connection. Then manually assign an IP address at the other device and set the Default gateway to the IP address of the PC's wireless connection. Also you have to create a new ad hoc connection and connect to that from the other device. I don't currently have a Wi-Fi card, so I cannot see the steps to guide you.

spapakons, Aug 10, 2019
  3. bencrutz Win User
    Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

yep, pretty much all.

for point #2 if you are having difficulty binding static IP in the router, it is ok to set static IP in the camera instead - just make sure you take a note on which IP is which camera so that you wouldnt put the wrong IP in the port forwarding.

am not sure what you meant. you don't need ddns to access the camera locally (from inside your LAN) *Confused How to assign Multiple IP Addresses to a Network Adapter :confused:

bencrutz, Aug 10, 2019
  4. hobwell Win User

IP address assigned to non-existent adapter

So I automatically received the Windows 10 anniversary update this afternoon (against both my will and my explicit no-update settings) on my work computer. When I logged back in, all of my network adapters except one had disappeared (I previously had a virtual switch set up via Hyper-V to allow emulated devices to have internet access).

When I try to assign an IP address to the remaining NIC, I get this delightful message:

It appears that the update unhelpfully uninstalled hyper-v manager, but did it in such a way that the ghosts of networks past still haunt me.

When looking in the Device Manager, the listed adapter does not appear. Having device manager 'Show hidden devices' does not make it appear either (even if I run the 'set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1' command).

Ipconfig doens't list the device either.

I thought maybe if I re-installed Hyper-V I'd be able to manage it from there, but having done that and rebooted, the adapter isn't there either.

I tried removing it in Powershell via 'remove-vmswitch' but that failed saying it couldn't find such an adapter.

How can I remove all traces of this apparently invisible adapter so that my NIC starts working properly again?

hobwell, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How to assign Multiple IP Addresses to a Network Adapter - Similar Threads - assign Multiple Addresses

2. How do I assign static ip address to Canon printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I assign static ip address to Canon printer: I am running Windows 11. I had to buy a new printer when I switched to Windows 11. I purchased the Canon g7020. It has been fine until two days ago. It works then later it will show it as offline. If turn off the printer and turn it on again, it will start working. Trying to...
  3. How do I assign static ip address to Canon printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I assign static ip address to Canon printer: I am running Windows 11. I had to buy a new printer when I switched to Windows 11. I purchased the Canon g7020. It has been fine until two days ago. It works then later it will show it as offline. If turn off the printer and turn it on again, it will start working. Trying to...
  4. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a LAN and assign an IP address: We have been using Windows 7 on an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop for remote monitoring of an inverter. Have recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad which is running Windows 10 Pro. Need to set it all up on the Lenovo with Win10. The software is all setup, however it needs a...
  5. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a LAN and assign an IP address: We have been using Windows 7 on an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop for remote monitoring of an inverter. Have recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad which is running Windows 10 Pro. Need to set it all up on the Lenovo with Win10. The software is all setup, however it needs a...
  6. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network

Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network: I added a second network adapter and an IP address to the new adapter in Windows 10 Build 2004. I now have the primary Routable on the first adapter and alternate IP addresses peer-to-peer on a second network adapter. The client sometimes think that it's not on a Domain...
  8. Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work

Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work: Hi. Two of my PC's are identical PC Sticks to which I need to sometimes remote in using their names and sometimes I need to remote into them using their IP addresses. They both run Win10 Pro, remote desktop is enabled and I am easily able to remote into both of them and...
  9. Configuring Network Adapter for fixed IP address

Configuring Network Adapter for fixed IP address: I've just changed ISP and their supplied router (BT SmartHub) has an IP address of 192.168.1.254 whereas my previous router (ASUS RT-AC87U) was at 192.168.1.1 My Windows 10 PC is configured with a fixed IP address, using 192.168.1.1 and this caused me some head-scratching....
  10. Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses: Is anyone using Windows 10 to provide as a WiFi Hotspot as what seems to happen when clients connect is it is not successful after trying the Obtaining IP Address, clients include Android mobile devices and set top boxes. 29149