Windows 10: How to assign permissions to local security groups in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to assign permissions to local security groups in Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I need to sometimes create security groups for file permissions. But is there a way to assign other permissions to security groups? Eg. the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Baylor Speer, Sep 17, 2021.

1. How to assign permissions to local security groups in Windows 10?

Hi, I need to sometimes create security groups for file permissions. But is there a way to assign other permissions to security groups? Eg. the administrators group can run as administrator without passwordThanks.

:)

Baylor Speer, Sep 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 Photos Permissions Error

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are signed in as administrator.

I would like to inform you that it could be better, if you sign in as administrator and check if the issue persists.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to take the full control of the folder or files.

• Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user
      names
      , click your name to see the permissions you have.
    • The permissions for the selected user or group are shown in the lower portion of the properties dialog box.
    • Assign yourself “Full control” permission by checking the box for “Allow” for Full Control and check if you can access the drive.
    If the issue still persists, follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the folder permissions. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 17, 2021
  3. xp ntfs permissions erased - help!

NEVER, ever, remove FULL CONTROL permissions in the Access Control Lists/rights priveleges from:

• Administators Group
    • YOUR local Administrator User
    • SYSTEM
    on NTFS rights on your disks (via Explorer.exe rightclick properties menu, security tab) that use that filesystem, OR in the REGISTRY either, via rightclick on HIVES/KEYS permissions popup menu options...

(Sure way to lock yourself out, period, & I have done it myself early on w/ NTFS filesystems &/or the Registry before... only way to learn sometimes, is making mistakes!)

* Keep this in mind, those of you that start experimenting w/ security @ these 2 levels!

APK

P.S.=> Leaving them @ FULL POWER, in both areas, usually 9/10 times allows you to get back into your rig (logging on as your LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR USER, to fix it), & make alterations to rights/acl's as needed, to "get it right", eventually... especially when you're still learning/experimenting! apk

Alec§taar, Sep 17, 2021
  4. How to assign permissions to local security groups in Windows 10?

Is this comment regarding NTFS Permissions backwards or is it just me?

So, I'm studying for the CompTIA A+ Core 2 exam and I get this explanation about how NTFS Permissions work. Here it is:

"Both NTFS and share permissions can be assigned to users and groups."

It sounds a little bit backwards to me. Does one actually assign NTFS and share permissions to users and groups? Or is it more accurate to say that users and groups can be assigned to NTFS and Share permissions?

The users and the groups get added to ACL lists. NTFS permissions do not get added to users or groups.

I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi here. I understand what they're trying to teach. But having taken logic in the past I know that you can't just swap word positions interchangeably in every circumstance and not affect the meaning of the sentence.

Am I right or wrong here?

Windows local security policies work in much the same way. I used to think that users and groups had local security policies attached to the users or the groups. But it's the other way around. Users and Groups are assigned to security policy rules.

ObiWanKenobi, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

How to assign permissions to local security groups in Windows 10?

1. How to assign permissions to local security groups in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - assign permissions local

2. Assign Rights to a local folder from a domain group

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assign Rights to a local folder from a domain group: I am installing a software package that requires full rights to a local workstation folder. The folders is:"C:\Program Files x86\Enterprise Print Management Solutions\E4 Eclipse\temp" Each workstation requires this to run the programEasy to make a domain group and add...
  3. Assign Rights to a local folder from a domain group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assign Rights to a local folder from a domain group: I am installing a software package that requires full rights to a local workstation folder. The folders is:"C:\Program Files x86\Enterprise Print Management Solutions\E4 Eclipse\temp" Each workstation requires this to run the programEasy to make a domain group and add...
  4. Assign Rights to a local folder from a domain group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Assign permissions on active directory security group for limited access on Workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assign permissions on active directory security group for limited access on Workstation: I have created a Security group on a 2019 server. I need to provide users in this group the ability to logon to a workstation add be able to add/remove applications and printers and run-as-administrator to allow an update on an application to run when launched.I was thinking...
  6. Assign permissions on active directory security group for limited access on Workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assign permissions on active directory security group for limited access on Workstation: I have created a Security group on a 2019 server. I need to provide users in this group the ability to logon to a workstation add be able to add/remove applications and printers and run-as-administrator to allow an update on an application to run when launched.I was thinking...
  7. Assign permissions on active directory security group for limited access on Workstation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How to delete a local security group on Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete a local security group on Windows 10 Home?: Hello Everyone, I am trying to uninstall Microsoft SQL Server from my machine. Uninstall instructions say one must delete all local security groups for SQL Server components before uninstalling, however I cannot figure how to do this on Windows 10 Home. I have found online...
  9. Permissions to folder for local group Administrators not functional in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permissions to folder for local group Administrators not functional in Windows 10: Hello, my Win 10 not assigned to AD domain is on system partition C: and I have data partition F: My account is member of local group Administrators. I 'd like to have access to F: only for Administrators and SYSTEM. So I removed Users group in root F: . When permissions...
  10. How to add "SELF" as a group or user when assigning permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to add "SELF" as a group or user when assigning permissions: I'm trying to add "SELF" to the group of "users & groups" that need Launch and Activation Permission for the DCOM app named RuntimeBroker. If I click on the "Add" button, "SELF" is not listed as either a Group or user. So, I'm thinking maybe I need to enter it with a...