Windows 10: How to assign "system" flag to a folder? Hide folder in File Explorer?

Discus and support How to assign "system" flag to a folder? Hide folder in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to assign the "system" flag to a folder in File Explorer (=through GUI)? The only way I found so far is a command line command attrib +s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tobwen, May 4, 2021.

1. tobwen Win User

How to assign "system" flag to a folder? Hide folder in File Explorer?

Is there a way to assign the "system" flag to a folder in File Explorer (=through GUI)? The only way I found so far is a command line command attrib +s D:\mysysfld\ After having assigned this flag the folder is still shown in File Explorer although I enabled "Hide system protected files" in Options of File Explorer. In Win7 this works. How can I let File Explorer really hide such system folders in Win10? This should be achieved through "System" property and NOT with "hidden" flag.

:)

tobwen, May 4, 2021
  2. tobwen Win User

Is there a way to assign the "system" flag to a folder in File Explorer (=through GUI)?

The only way I found so far is a command line command

attrib +s D:\mysysfld\

After having assigned this flag the folder is still shown in File Explorer although I enabled "Hide system protected files" in Options of File Explorer.
    In Win7 this works.

How can I let File Explorer really hide such system folders in Win10?
    This should be achieved through "System" property and NOT with "hidden" flag.

tobwen, May 5, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, May 5, 2021
  4. YoKid Win User

Locking/Hiding Folders.

Hi,
    I'm just looking for another program that would let me hide/lock some of the folders on my computer. Of course, easy to use and doesnt effect my computer in anyway.

I am using "Folder Lock" at the moment, but it is causing some trouble with blue screens popping up randomly (the windrvNT.Sys). I did a little research and was told that I either need to uninstall Folder Lock or rename the windrvNT.sys file, but it's such a pain; so thats why I'm here looking for a better program to lock/hide my folders/files.

*Note: I'm looking for a "program", not a trick *Eek! How to assign "system" flag to a folder? Hide folder in File Explorer? :eek: .
    Thanks in Advance~

YoKid-

YoKid, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. How to assign "system" flag to a folder? Hide folder in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - assign system flag

2. File Explorer: System Folders Rename

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: System Folders Rename: Hello,Can someone help me how to remove this folder, it was "downloads" but it changed to "music".How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-system-folders-rename/6865b745-746d-4a69-9ae7-782d2906c01e
  3. File Explorer: System Folders Rename

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: System Folders Rename: Hello,Can someone help me how to remove this folder, it was "downloads" but it changed to "music".How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-system-folders-rename/6865b745-746d-4a69-9ae7-782d2906c01e
  4. File Explorer: System Folders Rename

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I hide a user account folder in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I hide a user account folder in file explorer?: Hi, I'm wanting to make a tutorial series, but I will be needing to use my user's folder alot to access app datait's for Minecraft.But the problem is, my user account folder contains part of my email used to login when I set my laptop up.So what I did was create an offline...
  6. How do I hide a user account folder in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I hide a user account folder in file explorer?: Hi, I'm wanting to make a tutorial series, but I will be needing to use my user's folder alot to access app datait's for Minecraft.But the problem is, my user account folder contains part of my email used to login when I set my laptop up.So what I did was create an offline...
  7. How to hide WINDOWS folder(system) permanently?

How to hide WINDOWS folder(system) permanently?: Everytime I restart my computer system root folder aka WINDOWS on my C drive keep coming out from hidden status, I already did hide it by right clicking it properties>Hidden checkbox>Apply all folders and subfolders>UAC>Yes>Ignore All and then folder goes into hidden status...
  8. Assign a year to a file folder

Assign a year to a file folder: I have a folder with several folders saved within it. One of the options in sorting these folders is by year, which is the way I want to sort them. How can I assign a year to a file folder? I don't want to name it by year. For example, this is for music files. So the...
  9. Rename Folder for assigned to system user

Rename Folder for assigned to system user: I would appreciate some assistance with the change requested below: LAPTOP is connected to a network LAPTOP has a sign on account is connected to LAPTOP LAPTOP The has the following 3 folders are attached to LAPTOP impacted by the change request: - A1 - B2 - USERS...
  10. Explorer changes Folder into System File

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer changes Folder into System File: I am not going to attach a screenshot because it is rather personal. A folder open in Explorer with a few files and one subfolder (containing a few documents) suddenly morphed (in Explorer) into a system file. Using a DOS prompt it is easy to find that they are in fact...