Windows 10: how to assign the function keys

Discus and support how to assign the function keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I assign the function keys?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatrickBaynes, Mar 12, 2019.

1. how to assign the function keys

How do I assign the function keys?

:)

PatrickBaynes, Mar 12, 2019
  2. mobile1 Win User

Software to assign function keys?

I would like to make function keys to mute, volume up, and volume down.

How can this be done?

Are there hot keys or shortcuts to do this?

Or is there software that can assign these to function keys?

mobile1, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Software to assign function keys?

No problem . In this instance I'm going to reassign Insert=Vol Down, Home=Mute Page Up=Vol Up.

First click the key you want to reassign.

how to assign the function keys [​IMG]

Now select the new action, in this case Vol Down.

Now click Remap Key

Then I continued in a similar fashion and remapped Home and Page Up and ended up here and about to click Apply.

One you click Apply the programme will warn you it has to reboot to make the changes. It works perfectly in W10

Torquemada, Mar 12, 2019
  4. how to assign the function keys

Software to assign function keys?

I use this for vol down/ mute / vol up. Keytweak. http://keytweak.en.softonic.com

Torquemada, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

how to assign the function keys

1. how to assign the function keys - Similar Threads - assign function keys

2. How to change the assigned sign on a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change the assigned sign on a key: Hello,I want to change the sign which is assigned on a certain key on a keyboard of Lenovo Ideapad 320 laptop.I understood that it can possibly be done with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center MMKC. However, this doesn't work for me, since MMKC says that no supported device...
  3. How to assign a key to a different function but also assign it to its own function by...

How to assign a key to a different function but also assign it to its own function by...: I basically want to make the forward-slash key "\", to have the function of the left shift key. So I found an app called "Sharpkeys" which helped me do this.However, I still want the forward-slash key to perform its own normal function only if I hold "Ctrl". The app doesn't...
  4. Assign "Push-to-mute" function to a button/key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Assign "Push-to-mute" function to a button/key?: Hi! I need to have a push-to-mute ability (not a toggle) for my microphone(s) that I would call from a mouse button. I know about Autohotkey so it could be part of the solution. But I can't find a software capable of muting during a keypress. I've only found programs...
  5. Assigning a custom command to a keyboard "F" function key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning a custom command to a keyboard "F" function key: Hi all, I would like to create a custom function for a "F" key. For example, I would like to have a shortcut that opens a regularly used folder on a particular drive in my PC simply by hitting "F6". Currently I have to do multiple clicks as the folder sits inside other...
  6. how to assign a text string to a function key?

how to assign a text string to a function key?: how to assign a text string to a function key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-assign-a-text-string-to-a-function-key/b940af17-2c5f-4cb5-944e-257473da6a27
  7. Software to assign function keys?

Software to assign function keys?: I would like to make function keys to mute, volume up, and volume down. How can this be done? Are there hot keys or shortcuts to do this? Or is there software that can assign these to function keys? 58791
  8. How to assign mouse functions?

How to assign mouse functions?: Yes, I might be in the wrong category. Yes, I have looked up "how to change mouse button functions windows 10". All of them are just about the basic stuff. My question is, how do you change it so that the buttons on the side of the mouse control volume? It's annoying if...
  9. How can I assign volume controls to function keys?

How can I assign volume controls to function keys?: How can I assign audio volume controls to function keys? I want one to be volume up, another to be volume down, and one to be mute? 98837
  10. Fn key not working on all Function keys after Update; way to assign?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fn key not working on all Function keys after Update; way to assign?: Following the latest 10 update today my Samsung laptop has lost 'Fn + Function key' control of brightness, screen switching, and wifi on/off. It still has all the volumes and print screen working. The update deleted Samsung Easy Settings, which won't re-install because of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. assign function keys to volume up