Windows 10: How to associate Word with .WPS documents in Windows 10

Discus and support How to associate Word with .WPS documents in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On a new Windows 10 computer that came with a digital license for Office Home & Student 2019 I have copied some old Works formatted .WPS documents. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gardner.e, May 6, 2019.

1. gardner.e Win User

How to associate Word with .WPS documents in Windows 10

On a new Windows 10 computer that came with a digital license for Office Home & Student 2019 I have copied some old Works formatted .WPS documents. If I launch Word then open one of them I can work on it with no difficulty. I would like to be able to double click the file in File Explorer and have Word associated with the .WPS extension so that Word opens with that document. How do I do that please ?

:)

gardner.e, May 6, 2019

2. wps documents

I have uploaded word documents from Vista to Windows 10. All of the word documents (wps) are in an unreadable format. How can I change the format to a readable format? What do I do? All other documents were fine.

PaulSchmidt3, May 6, 2019
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, May 6, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. How to associate Word with .WPS documents in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - associate Word WPS

2. word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document: My word document isnt opening up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/8a0d49a1-2a9b-4d81-b0ab-2d0b28a561bd
  3. Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  4. Word Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  5. Print a Word document in Windows 10

Print a Word document in Windows 10: All I want to do is print a Word document. When I go to "Print" it indicates "Save print output as" and I have to save as a file. What the heck????? When I save it, it saves as a .pdf and I still can't print the darn thing! All I want to do is print the document without...
  6. WPS to WORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    WPS to WORD: I have a new computer - Windows 10 - and I downloaded my document stuff from a flash drive-- no problem. I had always worked in Works but converted everything to Word or deleted it before transferring to the flash. However, today 1 item didn't convert and without thinking I...
  7. saving WPS documents to WPS CLOUD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    saving WPS documents to WPS CLOUD: Hi, I've been saving documents to wps where I am able to access them to print, download to my flashdrive, etc. no problem. Then a week ago I get a message pop up that I need to store my documents on Cloud. So I save my documents to cloud, but now when I drag and drop them to...
  8. Unmerging documents in Word, Windows 10

Unmerging documents in Word, Windows 10: I somehow merged a new document with an old document and can't even print it. How do I unmerge it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unmerging-documents-in-word-windows-10/1b05e556-d7c8-495c-8ad1-e0de86722f98"
  9. Locking a Word document. How to?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Locking a Word document. How to?: I am running Office 2016 on my Windows 10 Pro PC and have created a Word document I want to protect. I am the owner of the document and the administrator of the PC. So whats the easiest way to block access to the file? 122728
  10. How do I view my wps documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I view my wps documents?: My Resumes are in WPS format, how do I convert them to text rich documents so that I can update them and print them out?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change open with microsft works