Windows 10: How to authorize users to manage Hyper-V remotely

Discus and support How to authorize users to manage Hyper-V remotely in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've set up a Windows Server 2019 Core machine IP: 192.168.1.6 at home to use as a home server. I've installed Hyper-V in it and added a user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FelixWang-681, Aug 2, 2020.

1. How to authorize users to manage Hyper-V remotely

Hello,

I've set up a Windows Server 2019 Core machine IP: 192.168.1.6 at home to use as a home server. I've installed Hyper-V in it and added a user called HyperVAdmin. It's in these user groups: Hyper-V Administrators, Remote Management Users, Power Users. I've also used cmdlet Grant-VMAccess for it.

However, when I try to connect in my desktop's Hyper-V Management Console, using user name HyperVAdmin@192.168.1.6, this error message occurs:

You do not have the required permission to complete the task. Contact the administrator of the authentication policy for computer 'felixServer'. felixServer is my servers hostname.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you.

:)

FelixWang-681, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Hyper-V Manager Unable to Connect to Remote Servers in Windows 10

I recently upgraded from Win 8.1 Enterprise to Win 10 Enterprise. I had Hyper-V Manager installed to connect to a few Hyper-V hosts running on Windows 8.x. After the upgrade on my machine, I can no longer connect to the remote Hyper-V hosts.

• All Machines are part of the same domain.
    • This worked prior to the upgrade.
    • Verified that all the Remote Administration and WinRM features were enabled in the firewall post upgrade.
    Here's the error I receive:

How to authorize users to manage Hyper-V remotely b2413319-11d2-44d9-b88d-c1407544b9e3.jpg

I've googled this a bit and tried a suggestion about running winrm quickconfig. That ran through it's process but did not resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated! I need to get access to manage these hosts through the Hyper-V MMC.

Thanks in Advance,

Doug

dstewart1829, Aug 2, 2020
  4. roy111 Win User

How to authorize users to manage Hyper-V remotely

Manage remote Hyper-V machine

I have 2 win 10 pro and considering this setup:

Desktop with hyper-v to tun virtual machine
    laptop with hyper-v management

what i can now achieve is connect to the desktop with RDP then launch
    hyper-v management in the desktop; using the laptop hyper-v management
    would be more convenient but i cannot connect to the desktop hyper-v
    from the laptop (i.e. i cannot browse the VM list, start/stop etc.)

is it possible to connect to remote hyper-v service using hyper-v management only with win 10 pro?
    it seems to me that it can only be done with a server infrastructure

thanks

roy111, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

How to authorize users to manage Hyper-V remotely

1. How to authorize users to manage Hyper-V remotely - Similar Threads - authorize users manage

2. Hyper-V Manager Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Manager Error: I am trying to start a new VM in my Hyper-v and I am getting the error "Data supplied is of wrong type.0x8007065D. When I search this issue all I find is indfo dealing with phones even though I put in search for Hypervisor error. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?...
  3. Hyper-V Manager Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Manager Error: I am trying to start a new VM in my Hyper-v and I am getting the error "Data supplied is of wrong type.0x8007065D. When I search this issue all I find is indfo dealing with phones even though I put in search for Hypervisor error. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?...
  4. About Hyper-V manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Hyper-V manager: Hi, I have some concerns and question about the Ubuntu 22.04 LTS I have installed through Hyper-V on my PC. Here is my installation process:After following through the instructions what I got from entering the VM was thisI have no idea what this is, and it seems like the OS...
  5. Remote management not working for a workstation with Hyper-V feature installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote management not working for a workstation with Hyper-V feature installed: Workstation with installed Hyper-V Windows feature is not accessible through remote management Invoke-PSSession, Enter-PSSesion. When Hyper-V feature is uninstalled from the workstation it is accessible again. What is the workaround to the issue as some workstations are...
  6. Remote access to Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Remote access to Hyper-V VM: I have a Hyper-V VM created with a Windows OS running in it. Is there a way I can connect to the VM via Remote Desktop from a computer other than the host computer? Thanks! John 130025
  7. Manage remote Hyper-V machine

Manage remote Hyper-V machine: I have 2 win 10 pro and considering this setup: Desktop with hyper-v to tun virtual machine laptop with hyper-v management what i can now achieve is connect to the desktop with RDP then launch hyper-v management in the desktop; using the laptop hyper-v management...
  8. VMware with only Hyper-V Manager

VMware with only Hyper-V Manager: When you have Hyper-V fully installed on a Windows 10 machine, a Standard User can only access Hyper-V via a server connection. This gave me an idea. I was wondering if you could install only Hyper-V Management Tools on the host system and still be able to run VMware. In...
  9. Hyper-V Manager not available

Hyper-V Manager not available: Hi there, 1. I installed the Hyper-V features (tickmarked all 4 options) and rebooted my system. (My system did some installation, updates etc) 2. After the reboot i can confirm that the hyper-v folders in "C:\Program Files\Hyper-V" appeared. 3. Unfortunately i can not...
  10. Connecting Hyper-V Manager to another PC

Connecting Hyper-V Manager to another PC: I just bought a new X201 laptop off ebay and wanted to use it to access my main PC (a MacBook also running Windows 10 Pro) through the Hyper-V Manager. That is to use the Hyper-V manager on the X201 to access not just the local PC but to start/stop and connect directly to the...