Windows 10: How to auto hide taskbar on main monitor, but keep other monitor taskbar static?

Discus and support How to auto hide taskbar on main monitor, but keep other monitor taskbar static? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was wondering how you could keep the auto hide taskbar only on the first monitor like in the images below, and the other monitor taskbar showing? Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mike2267, Sep 19, 2021.

1. mike2267 Win User

How to auto hide taskbar on main monitor, but keep other monitor taskbar static?

I was wondering how you could keep the auto hide taskbar only on the first monitor like in the images below, and the other monitor taskbar showing? Is it possible? Thanks in advance!I just took these pictures by turning on autohide on the first picture, and turning off autohide on the 2nd pictureMain Monitor Screen:2nd Monitor Screen:

:)

mike2267, Sep 19, 2021

2. How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to auto-hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

Steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and select
    Properties.

2. In the Taskbar tab under
    Multiple displays, Uncheck the Show taskbar on all displays box.

3. Click on Apply
    and Ok.

This will display the taskbar only on the primary monitor.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 19, 2021
  4. How to auto hide taskbar on main monitor, but keep other monitor taskbar static?

Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

My question,

Is it possible to auto-hide the taskbar on my second monitor only? It does not appear to be an option in "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties".

Hippo Hobo, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

How to auto hide taskbar on main monitor, but keep other monitor taskbar static?

1. How to auto hide taskbar on main monitor, but keep other monitor taskbar static? - Similar Threads - auto hide taskbar

2. Taskbar thumbnails not showing on the main monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar thumbnails not showing on the main monitor: Hello. all.I just migrated from Windows 10 to 11 on a computer with two monitors. Taskbar shows fine on both screens and all app icons are there.The situation is with the pop-up thumbnails, on the secondary old AOC LM760s monitor, when hovering over the taskbar icons, all...
  3. Auto-hide taskbar doesn't work properly on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-hide taskbar doesn't work properly on secondary monitor: My Acer laptop is having a problem with the taskbar auto-hide. No matter where or how I move my cursor, the taskbar on the secondary monitor does not show up. It's fine on the laptop screen but on my monitor it doesn't work. If i disable auto-hide it show up fine....
  4. Auto-hide taskbar doesn't work properly on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto-hide taskbar doesn't work properly on secondary monitor: My Acer laptop is having a problem with the taskbar auto-hide. No matter where or how I move my cursor, the taskbar on the secondary monitor does not show up. It's fine on the laptop screen but on my monitor it doesn't work. If i disable auto-hide it show up fine....
  5. Taskbar not visible on monitor 2 and 3 using 'auto hide'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not visible on monitor 2 and 3 using 'auto hide': I have 3 monitors and have enabled 'Automatically hide the taskbar', 'Show my taskbar on all displays' and 'show my taskbar apps on; taskbar where window is open', but I can only bring up the taskbar on the main monitor one, not possible on monitor 2 and 3. If I change these...
  6. Taskbar not visible on monitor 2 and 3 using 'auto hide'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not visible on monitor 2 and 3 using 'auto hide': I have 3 monitors and have enabled 'Automatically hide the taskbar', 'Show my taskbar on all displays' and 'show my taskbar apps on; taskbar where window is open', but I can only bring up the taskbar on the main monitor one, not possible on monitor 2 and 3. If I change these...
  7. Main taskbar keeps coming back to primary monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main taskbar keeps coming back to primary monitor: Hi, I have two monitors. On the first I watch videos in full screen and play games. On the second I tend to leave browsers open with pages or YouTube videos. So I unlock and drag the taskbar to the secondary display so I can see the clock and notification area while gaming....
  8. Main taskbar keeps coming back to primary monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Main taskbar keeps coming back to primary monitor: Hi, I have two monitors. On the first I watch videos in full screen and play games. On the second I tend to leave browsers open with pages or YouTube videos. So I unlock and drag the taskbar to the secondary display so I can see the clock and notification area while gaming....
  9. Hide Taskbar on Primary Monitor

Hide Taskbar on Primary Monitor: Hey guys, I can't hide (not auto-hide) the taskbar on my primary monitor. Of course I can enable auto-hide, but that's not what i want. I could switch the primary monitor, but then I can't use my 144 Hz becuase the second monitor is only 60 Hz. Are there, maybe...
  10. External Main Monitor Taskbar Help!

External Main Monitor Taskbar Help!: So I have an external monitor connected to my laptop to create sort of a dual display setup, I’ve set my external monitor as the main monitor and the laptop screen as the second monitor which is to the left of my external monitor I’d like to have my laptop screen which is...