Windows 10: How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?

Discus and support How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have recently notice that after I changed the name of my PC, my computer no longer automatically logs into Windows after a reboot. It gets hung up on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BeK, Mar 16, 2019.

1. BEK
    BeK Win User

How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?

I have recently notice that after I changed the name of my PC, my computer no longer automatically logs into Windows after a reboot. It gets hung up on the login screen and now I notice TWO profiles at the lower left hand corner. I don’t need the profile which is highlighted in red. I assume that if I got rid of it, then my problem would be solve. How do I go about getting rid of it?
    Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Time Lady Win User

"You can log in to this account without entering a password"

Hi, I’m Virginia an independent advisor.

Check this information:

To stop auto log in to your Windows 10 computer, you can follow the step-by-step guide as below. Please note that you must have all the information about the user account which you want to configure.

2. Tap on Windows key, type cmd.exe to load the Windows command prompt.

3. Type control userpassword2 and hit the enter key (Or you can type netplwiz which takes you to the same system tool).

4. The "User Accounts" window will appear:

Now select the user account from the list and enable "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option and click on Apply button.

6. You are prompted to enter the account password your Windows 10 will use to sign in.

7. That's it. Now you can login Windows 10 by entering password.

If this doesn’t work please post back.

Time Lady, Mar 16, 2019
  3. ALN
    ALN Win User
    How do I Remove Log-In Password From Win10

I initially set up my Win10 Pro without a password being needed to get into my account, but every now and then, when I boot up I'm asked for a password. I believe it happens after a MS auto update, but cannot be 100% sure. I go to Netplwiz and uncheck Users must enter a username and password to use this computer. After this, I can boot up and can get in without a password, but whenever I wake it up from sleep, I still need to give it a password. So two questions:

1. Am I always going to have to do the Netplwiz routine whenever MS decides to check the Users must enter a username and password to use this computer box with an update, or is there a way to permanently uncheck it?
    2. How do I remove the password requirement upon wake-up?
    Thanks for your help!

4. glsadler Win User

win10 does not load properly at start up. password is auto filled w/unkn charters. no mouse or enter

win10 does not load properly at start up. password is auto filled w/unkn charters. no mouse or enter

glsadler, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

1. How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password? - Similar Threads - Auto Log Onto

2. how to log in without a password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to log in without a password: I have tried all the options netplwiz , does not work. instead it changed to another account that it created, and on Settings, change password it will not accept it the instructions suggested on microsoft community, to leave blank , but it ask to change password, instead of...
  3. how to log in without a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to log in without a password: I have tried all the options netplwiz , does not work. instead it changed to another account that it created, and on Settings, change password it will not accept it the instructions suggested on microsoft community, to leave blank , but it ask to change password, instead of...
  4. how to log in without a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do i make windows auto log in after entering password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i make windows auto log in after entering password?: When i bought this laptop, windows was automatically loggin in after entering password without pressing enter key but after reinstalling windows this feature is lost. Also my desktop computer which is i was the one installing windows also have this but can find a setting for...
  6. How do i make windows auto log in after entering password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i make windows auto log in after entering password?: When i bought this laptop, windows was automatically loggin in after entering password without pressing enter key but after reinstalling windows this feature is lost. Also my desktop computer which is i was the one installing windows also have this but can find a setting for...
  7. How to auto repair without account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to auto repair without account password: Good dayz I tried to perform system restore on my system and now it is not loading windows. It s loading a blue screen with the stop code 'critical process died'. Then it initiates automatic repair but it is asking for the account password which I no longer remember. I reset...
  8. How to auto repair without account password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to auto repair without account password: Good dayz I tried to perform system restore on my system and now it is not loading windows. It s loading a blue screen with the stop code 'critical process died'. Then it initiates automatic repair but it is asking for the account password which I no longer remember. I reset...
  9. How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?: I have recently notice tat after I changed the name of my PC, my computer no longer automatically logs into Windows after a reboot. It gets hung up on the login screen and now I notice TWO profiles at the lower left hand corner. I don’t need the profile which is highlighted...
  10. "You can log in to this account without entering a password"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "You can log in to this account without entering a password": On December 7, 2018, after I upgraded to version 1803 on Windows 10 Professional (OS build 17134.472), this phrase pops up on the Welcome Screen even though there is a password box: "You can log in to this account without entering a password." All you have to do is click...