Windows 10: How to auto-login upon boot, and remove extra "user"?

Discus and support How to auto-login upon boot, and remove extra "user"? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just to be clear, I already have my "Sign in Options" set to "Never" require a password upon boot. Secondly, I don't think I have any extra users in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/elgraysoReddit, Feb 26, 2020.

1. How to auto-login upon boot, and remove extra "user"?

Just to be clear, I already have my "Sign in Options" set to "Never" require a password upon boot.

Secondly, I don't think I have any extra users in the users section to be able to remove them.

I just want Windows to boot up to the desktop and not have extra users that need passwords.

I have put together screenshots and info of every step of my log in process to clarify what is happening:

https://imgur.com/a/WCGqZEG

Any help would be super appreciated!

submitted by /u/elgraysoReddit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/elgraysoReddit, Feb 26, 2020

2. Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 26, 2020
  3. Extra User showing, cannot remove

Hi VictoriousBard,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

We would need few more information.

• Are you able to see the additional user on the windows 10 login screen?
    • When you go to settings>accounts do you see multiple accounts with the same user name?

Please try the below suggested steps and let us know if it helps.

1. Type “WIN + R” key in the keyboard to open Windows Run, then type “lusrmgr.msc” and press “Enter” button
    2. Check the user account you would like to delete and then
      right click and click “Delete” to delete user account.

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 26, 2020
  4. How to auto-login upon boot, and remove extra "user"?

Extra Login on Windows 10

Hi Nick,

• Have you done any recent update or upgrade before the issue started to happen? Just Windows updates.

• Are you the only one using your computer? Yes.

• Do you remember changing any settings prior to this issue? No.

• Have you installed any applications or program before this happened? No.

• Do you recognize the other account as one of your household member? Yes, it is mine.

• What steps have you taken to login to your computer? Login as the other login showing.

As an FYI: I went to Systems > Accounts > Family & Other People and found an extra login there, under my name. I have deleted it yet as I wasn't sure if it was safe to delete because it says Administrator.

Marco265MP, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

How to auto-login upon boot, and remove extra "user"?

1. How to auto-login upon boot, and remove extra "user"? - Similar Threads - auto login upon

2. How to STOP Auto Login of last user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user?: The same as How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The issue still exists on Windows 11 v22H2! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-auto-login-of-last-user/4e72f814-315b-415b-bac7-715d2a1a0e10
  3. How to STOP Auto Login of last user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user?: The same as How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The issue still exists on Windows 11 v22H2! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-auto-login-of-last-user/4e72f814-315b-415b-bac7-715d2a1a0e10
  4. how to delete an extra user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to delete an extra user: Geek squad reinstalled my windows 10. they created a user account that I no longer want...how do I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-extra-user/5f30b9e1-8ebc-4cf5-8a09-5a00c2b30bed
  5. How to Remove Extra Languages?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove Extra Languages?: So I had these language packages that were installed by mistake, and after deleting 'em they still pop up and work as usual for the keyboard. I can't find a way to delete or turn them off. Please, help. [ATTACH][ATTACH] EDIT: I found solution myself, gonna leave...
  6. How to STOP Auto Login of last user

How to STOP Auto Login of last user: How do I force Windows 10 to display a list of users instead of automatically logging to the last used account? I have seen "fixes" posted for Windows 8, but I have also seen lots of comments that these fixes won't work in Windows 10. I'm looking for a reliable fix for...
  7. Chrome auto open upon windows boot

Chrome auto open upon windows boot: Hello, I'm using windows 10 and sometimes upon boot up, Chrome automatically opens itself. My startup settings doesn't have Chrome as well. Regards, Jovan...
  8. Extra User showing, cannot remove

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extra User showing, cannot remove: [ATTACH] Basically, this extra account has the same email address as the main account on my computer, but it's distinct and it won't let me remove it. How can I delete this account? I've tried netplwiz, which did remove it from there, but it still shows here as an account...
  9. How To Disable Auto Login Last User/Black Screen At Boot???

How To Disable Auto Login Last User/Black Screen At Boot???: Alright so for some reason ever since I've "upgraded" to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 I've been having numerous issues with my computer taking a very long time to boot and I've noticed it is logging me in sometimes without asking me for my password at boot. I really want to...
  10. Auto login then switch user

Auto login then switch user: Hello, I use wake on lan to boot my pc to access and use it remotely. On Windows 7 I remember being able to auto log on with the set password to my account and then have it switch users right away so it was still password protected but my remote connecting software would...