Windows 10: How to auto save on an external hard drive

Discus and support How to auto save on an external hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have bought a 1 Tb Seagate external hard drive to auto back up my hard drive every hour. I have normally been able to manually back up folders and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peter Boroma, Nov 5, 2018.

1. How to auto save on an external hard drive

I have bought a 1 Tb Seagate external hard drive to auto back up my hard drive every hour. I have normally been able to manually back up folders and files to an external hard drive, but for some reason I cannot get the Seagate to start working to automate the backup every hour. What might be the solution? Thanks.

:)

Peter Boroma, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 5, 2018
  3. saving and viewing files on an external hard drive

Hi Sam,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Yes, you may format the external hard drive. Follow the below steps.

• Connect the external hard drive to Windows 10 computer.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to the keyboard to open the file explorer.

• Locate the external hard drive on left navigation pane in File explorer.

• Right click on the external hard drive and click on
      Format

• Click Start and follow on screen instructions to format the hard drive.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 5, 2018
  4. twynog Win User

How to auto save on an external hard drive

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

How to auto save on an external hard drive

1. How to auto save on an external hard drive - Similar Threads - auto save external

2. External hard drive wont auto start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive wont auto start: I have a an external hard drive that shows in the devices but does not open on my windows 10 can you help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-wont-auto-start/5bb24d53-d0fc-41e5-b088-a5e1e4939240
  3. Save files from "No media" external hard drive

Save files from "No media" external hard drive: Hey everyone, I am lost. I have been googling for hours but I can't figure out if there is anything left to do to restore my external hard drive data. I have an external hard drive that occasionally had reading issues, sometimes I just had to plug it in again and it...
  4. can not auto play dvd from external hard drive

can not auto play dvd from external hard drive: i have external dvd drive, i can see the dvd name on e drive but it will not autoplay, only gives the option of no action or going into microsoft store it says when i press auto play, choose what to do with dvd, but only gives two options, take no action or open microsoft...
  5. external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external hard drive: What external hard drive do you recommend for back-up on Dell Inspiron 3671. I do not want to save to the cloud. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/c23fb5c0-2b97-457d-81ca-3a824c7e6f1a
  6. External hard drive

External hard drive: When I plug in my hard drive I get a message (F:\is not accessible.) Access is denied. Why, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/7469afee-e3f1-4499-9926-b55a995943bb
  7. external hard drive

external hard drive: Why is windows not recognizing my external hard drive, its fn 2019 this s should be plug and play your os is garbage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/8a51c6c8-175f-4d84-b6e7-84ab2697752f
  8. external hard drives

external hard drives: Earlier this week windows did an update and since then it is failing to recognise some of my external hard drive, also windows keeps crashing and re-booting, everything was working fine until update...
  9. Saving a Video to External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a Video to External Hard Drive: I have many video that I made in the past and are saved under "Videos" But, now Windows 10 is using a Video Editor programme within photos, I have made a video as a Titled Video Project there but cannot integrate it with all my previous Videos or transfer it to the hard...
  10. external hard drives

external hard drives: I have two external hard drives I used on two different computers. On both computers I backed up all information onto the external hard drives before installing windows 10 on both computers. I was running windows 7 on both computers before the installation. On both computers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. seagate external hard drive

2. auto save to hard drive

3. How to autsave in an external driver