Windows 10: How to autohide taskbar only on certain screen

Discus and support How to autohide taskbar only on certain screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey there, I've been dealing with the problem lately, that I want to have a taskbar on all of my 3 screens. but only one of them should be always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Exel, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Exel Win User

How to autohide taskbar only on certain screen

Hey there,
    I've been dealing with the problem lately, that I want to have a taskbar on all of my 3 screens. but only one of them should be always visible. the other two should be only visible when im moving my cursor above them. Also on 2 screen the taskbar should be on the bottom and on the third one at the top.
    I found the program DisplayFusion and a few alternatives which could fix the problem but they are all buggy and expensive.

Any help is welcome and sorry if it's hard to understand what I mean. English isn't my native language.

:)

Exel, Apr 8, 2019
  2. JanJan Win User

chrome + taskbar autohide problem

So i set my taskbar autohide. whenever chrome is in fullscreen, when i hover around the corner, the taskbar wont appear. It works with other browsers....

JanJan, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Autohide Taskbar in Desktop Mode

Hi Niel,

In rare cases, you may be having an issue with Autohide Taskbar in desktop mode when you when you just recently did an upgrade on your PC. Autohide Taskbar Option might have got unchecked during the process. We would suggest you try the following steps to enable
    Autohide taskbar and check if it makes any difference.

a. Right-click on the Taskbar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the taskbar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

Update us with the result.

Jenicel Dri, Apr 8, 2019
  4. How to autohide taskbar only on certain screen

Windows 10 Taskbar Autohide fails

The taskbar in Windows 10 is set to autohide and is positioned at top of screen.

After a reboot it works fine, After sometime, which seems to be random, it stops auto hiding. It still knows it should because the taskbar is slightly transparent and shows the desktop icons underneath.

No apparent trigger as yet.

Windows is up to date.

Any suggestions or is this a teething trouble bug?

Regards

Martin

Martin Beney, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

How to autohide taskbar only on certain screen

1. How to autohide taskbar only on certain screen - Similar Threads - autohide taskbar certain

2. Taskbar remains visible when autohide is turned on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar remains visible when autohide is turned on: In Windows 10 Pro the taskbar remains visible with the result that I cannot see the applications that are running, and thus cannot select tabs in the browser. Please advise the cure!! Thank you....
  3. Taskbar Autohide issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Autohide issues: So.. Ive made sure that auto hide is checked .. and looked through some of the other common things named in alot of forums.. but simply turning auto hide off isnt an option for me cus i run my task bar on the left edge of my screen rather than the bottom. plz help.. its...
  4. Changing the trigger distance for autohide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing the trigger distance for autohide taskbar: Is it possible at all to change this? I have my taskbars on the inside edges of my two monitors, but when I try and bring up the taskbar it requires me to almost have the mouse on the other screen before it will unhide. 8120
  5. Autohide taskbar after X seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Autohide taskbar after X seconds: Hello, Just wanted to know whether it was possible to auto hide the Win10 taskbar after X number of seconds or minutes? Does anyone know how to do this? Cheers! 78321
  6. Taskbar on my other displays doesnt autohide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar on my other displays doesnt autohide: just wondering if any one has found a other soultion to this problem. on my two other displays my task bar just stops the auto hide. I was thinking maybe it was a issue with ultramon but then, when ever i go to my main screen and show the search bar they all start to auto...
  7. Unwanted overlay interfering with Start menu/Taskbar autohide

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted overlay interfering with Start menu/Taskbar autohide: When I open a certain program called Hitfilm Express, a couple of icons appear (microphone and refresh?) which didn't used to be there and there are preventing the Start menu and Taskbar responding whilst I'm using the program. Does anyone recognise the overlay or know how I...
  8. Remove line when autohide taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove line when autohide taskbar?: I have my taskbar on autohide, but when it is hidden, I can still see a small line of the taskbar. Can I make the taskbar hide itself completely? Also, the taskbar pops up when I move my mouse near. Can I disable that as well (so that taskbar pops up only when I press the...
  9. Taskbar autohide not working whilst watching movies.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar autohide not working whilst watching movies.: After upgrading from Windows 7 Professional 7 SP1 (64) to Windows 10 the taskbar auto hide not working whilst watching movies. It used to work in Windows 7 Professional 7 SP1 (64). Please Help !! Regards 13751
  10. Taskbar on my other displays doesnt autohide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar on my other displays doesnt autohide: any one else have this problem where your task bar on you other display dont auto hide it is quite annoying. 24244