Windows 10: How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver

Discus and support How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a problem where, to get Windows to run smoothly, I have to disable the display driver, via Device Manager, on shutdown. This forces Windows to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PromU, Mar 23, 2019.

1. PromU Win User

How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver

I have a problem where, to get Windows to run smoothly, I have to disable the display driver, via Device Manager, on shutdown. This forces Windows to load the basic display driver on startup and allows me to re-enable the Intel driver once I get to the desktop. Without doing this the computer locks-up/freezes, requiring a hard shutdown. This happens regardless of whether Windows 10 or Windows 7 is installed.

What I'd like to do is to automate the process so that the Intel driver is disabled on shutdown, or on startup. I just need to make sure that it always boots to the desktop using the basic driver. Manually disabling on shutdown works fine but occasionally i forget to go thru the procedure, resulting in a crippled system. Is there a script i could schedule to run at the opportune time to achieve this?

:)

PromU, Mar 23, 2019

2. Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 23, 2019
  4. How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver

Windows 10 long boot/black screen/2 display drivers

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• What do you mean by “For my processor”? Are you referring to motherboard graphic drivers?
    I suggest you to disable the second driver and then try to enable the below steps for fast boot options.

Enabling or disabling this feature is quite easy and if we count the numbers, you just need 4-5 steps to do this. Just follow the below listed procedure.

• Open your Control Panel. Look for Control Panel in start menu.
    • Now in Control Panel look for Power Options.
    • Look for an option that reads Choose what the power button does and click it. This will open up a new Window and here you can see more options.
    • Now look for the check box with text Turn on fast startup.
    • Check it if you want Fast startup enabled and uncheck it if you don’t want it enabled.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver

1. How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver - Similar Threads - Automate Disable Enable

2. Automating Display Scale Percentages ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automating Display Scale Percentages ?: I have been looking for anyone or anywhere where someone could give me the answer to changing multiple monitors scale all at once with no answers so Im trying to ask specifically, can I?I hurt my back no long ago and moved a recliner as close as I could to where my computer...
  3. How to disable audio "automations"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable audio "automations"?: Hi,I have a Windows 10 PC with 2 audio devices, speakers connected to the PC built-in audio device Via High Definition Audio and a Poly BT700 wireless headset with charging stand.This combination is doing some annoying things.For example I have a Youtube video playing in a...
  4. How to disable audio "automations"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable audio "automations"?: Hi,I have a Windows 10 PC with 2 audio devices, speakers connected to the PC built-in audio device Via High Definition Audio and a Poly BT700 wireless headset with charging stand.This combination is doing some annoying things.For example I have a Youtube video playing in a...
  5. How to disable audio "automations"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Disabled Display driver

Disabled Display driver: Hello, so yeaterday I was messing around with my device manager and accidentily disabled my Intel display. Now my screen is black and isnt receving input. Ive read through multiple articles and tried reseting my Bios, removing my Cmos battery and nothing I have tried has...
  7. How to stop windows from enabling a disabled driver

How to stop windows from enabling a disabled driver: I have a 7 years old laptop that has 2 graphics cards (the one that is integrated to cpu (i7-3612QM/HD4000) and an ATIgraphics card (Radeon HD7670M)). The ATI graphics card died last month which caused BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) every bootup. I tried four versions of the...
  8. How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver: I have a problem where, to get Windows to run smoothly, I have to disable the display driver, via Device Manager, on shutdown. This forces Windows to load the basic display driver on startup and allows me to re-enable the Intel driver once I get to the desktop. Without doing...
  9. Enable and Disable Display Adapters in Win10

Enable and Disable Display Adapters in Win10: Hi, I would like to disable and enable the Display Adapters on my Device Manager. The reason is that, I have a laptop which will connect to the PC at home but I don't want things to be viewed/displayed on my PC whenever I will Remote (using TeamViewer or AnyDesk) it from a...
  10. Display drivers disabled

Display drivers disabled: Hello.... I somehow disabled all my display drivers on my laptop running windows 10.... I need help because even plugged to an hdmi wont work ... No display showing.... Either laptop or Tv........