Windows 10: How to Automate Playing Certain Sections of a DVD

Discus and support How to Automate Playing Certain Sections of a DVD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Our church has a DVD covering its history with several segments. Ordinarily a user would choose these from their DVD player's remote control. We'd like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave Smith, Mar 16, 2021.

1. How to Automate Playing Certain Sections of a DVD

Our church has a DVD covering its history with several segments. Ordinarily a user would choose these from their DVD player's remote control. We'd like to play certain parts of the DVD on a monitor in the church's Welcome Center. Is it possible to play the DVD from a PC with control by a file that would choose which DVD video segments to play and go from one to the next when a segment finishes? Ideally the segments could then be played with no human interaction required.

:)

Dave Smith, Mar 16, 2021

2. Playing dvds

Hi Dan,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is it happening on all the DVDs that you are trying to play on the Media Player?
    • Have you tried playing the DVDs on other computers? If so, are you getting the same error?
    • When did you start encountering the issue?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player troubleshooter. To do this. follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, choose View all.
    • Run the Windows Media Player DVD, Windows Media Player Library, and
      Windows Media Player Settings.

How to Automate Playing Certain Sections of a DVD d40dab60-b76b-4f48-962b-c93b0dece089.png
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 16, 2021
  3. outrunner Win User
    X800GTO2 AUTOMATED FLASH UTILITY Via DVD\CD... Very easy How to Automate Playing Certain Sections of a DVD :)

I had a reply from a mate just now, he has a card that I can borrow, so I shall collect it tonight and re-flash the card. I should just need to do the following to recover the BIOS with your automated process correct?

step 1, install a pci graphics card,

step 2, boot from DVD\CD

step 3, select option 2 from the boot menu

Step 4 Reboot and Retry the flash.

Then I should be able to reflash it again

outrunner, Mar 16, 2021
  4. How to Automate Playing Certain Sections of a DVD

Can't play DVD

I'm finding more and more surprises with Window 10, so far all glossy and no real new product.

This time I can't play a DVD, and thru google I have found that Microsoft has removed Windows Media DVD Player, good one, why don't Microsoft release a list of other functions/programs they have removed, as this will save me time in searching as to why certain
    programs don't work in Windows 10.

Can anyone suggest a good DVD player program ????

TIA

blackscorpion

emeraldbeach, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

How to Automate Playing Certain Sections of a DVD

1. How to Automate Playing Certain Sections of a DVD - Similar Threads - Automate Playing Certain

2. dvd not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dvd not playing: hello my hp pc isnt letting me sse the dvd it says for ,e to upgredw to a new dvd sytem but its charging me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing/ef26426c-ae77-4b4f-975f-a21337f84361
  3. dvd not playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dvd not playing: hello my hp pc isnt letting me sse the dvd it says for ,e to upgredw to a new dvd sytem but its charging me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing/ef26426c-ae77-4b4f-975f-a21337f84361
  4. playing dvd's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    playing dvd's: The disc tray has suddenly stopped playing any disc. It just makes "odd" noises! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvds/18e776d9-08a1-4546-93c7-1fde1fddb855
  5. play a DVD

play a DVD: How do I play a DVD on mylaptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-a-dvd/52b29f98-ef80-400c-ba6d-7058f13d254e
  6. Playing DVD

Playing DVD: Bought windows media player and have put dvd in drive but cant find it when I open media player and its not opening automatically. Can anyone help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/playing-dvd/886fa2d2-fa99-4f3c-94c1-91fcf5a7f1ec
  7. how to play mp3 dvd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to play mp3 dvd?: What are the settings to play mp3 dvd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-play-mp3-dvd/d641aca1-e24e-4afd-958c-76ff7f8e0a4d
  8. DVD will not play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD will not play: I received a dvd with a recent purchase, why won't it play in WMP? Also I cannot play any video that is on website. Youtube works fine when watching videos but I was trying to listen to some videos on the Pittsburgh Steelers website and they would not play. Any suggestions?...
  9. DVD will not play

DVD will not play: I have an ASUS 501ux laptop with Windows 10. It doesn't have an internal DVD player. I purchased an external USB3 DVD drive but the laptop needs something to play the DVD. It won't open the DVD. What do I need? 51767
  10. Playing DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Playing DVD: Hello, Recently downloaded a whole movie, it is MP4 format. Since this cannot be played on home dvd player, had to convert it into AVI , in user manual it says AVI can be played - but it did not. So then I converted it into VOB format, but again dvd refused to play it....