Windows 10: How to automate resetting the adapter?

Discus and support How to automate resetting the adapter? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My Wifi connection periodically drops internet connection. It shows connected but no internet and resetting seems to fix it. I know I should find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zhaider, Oct 20, 2019.

1. zhaider Win User

How to automate resetting the adapter?

Hi,

My Wifi connection periodically drops internet connection. It shows connected but no internet and resetting seems to fix it. I know I should find the real fix instead of a workaround but until then can someone tell me the list of commands to reset it when that happens?

I already know how to disable/enable it using netsh but I would like to only do that after 10sec of no internet. Is there a way to do it by putting these commands in a batch file?

Thanks.

:)

zhaider, Oct 20, 2019
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

How to automate resetting the adapter? install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

How to automate resetting the adapter? pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

How to automate resetting the adapter? select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

How to automate resetting the adapter? Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Oct 20, 2019
  3. "network adapter" issue in relation to password protected master video

Hi Farahin,

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if this helps:

Method 1: Update Network Adapter.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Network Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Network Adapter and click on Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab and select Update.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Method 2: Reset TCP/IP.

Please follow the steps below:

1. On the Search bar type “cmd” and click
    ctrl + shift + Enter to open the Elevated Command Prompt.

1. To Reset WINSOCK entries, type netsh winsock reset catalog and click Enter.

2. To Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack, type netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
    and click Enter

3. To Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack, type netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
    and click Enter

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 20, 2019
  4. How to automate resetting the adapter?

Microsoft Display Adapter not getting connected to PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can find the adapter in Device Manager.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and then click on Device Manager.

2. From the list of Hardware, find the Microsoft Display Adapter and check if you can find the device in question.

I would also suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the first link and check if it helps.

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

How to automate resetting the adapter?

1. How to automate resetting the adapter? - Similar Threads - automate resetting adapter

2. How to disable audio "automations"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable audio "automations"?: Hi,I have a Windows 10 PC with 2 audio devices, speakers connected to the PC built-in audio device Via High Definition Audio and a Poly BT700 wireless headset with charging stand.This combination is doing some annoying things.For example I have a Youtube video playing in a...
  3. How to disable audio "automations"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable audio "automations"?: Hi,I have a Windows 10 PC with 2 audio devices, speakers connected to the PC built-in audio device Via High Definition Audio and a Poly BT700 wireless headset with charging stand.This combination is doing some annoying things.For example I have a Youtube video playing in a...
  4. How to disable audio "automations"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to work with dynamic web page for Power automate automation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to work with dynamic web page for Power automate automation?: I want to automate Book my show site . After selecting city and enter the movie name in text box . A new web page appears with unic code for every movie which we are searching in text box....
  6. How to work with dynamic web page for Power automate automation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to work with dynamic web page for Power automate automation?: I want to automate Book my show site . After selecting city and enter the movie name in text box . A new web page appears with unic code for every movie which we are searching in text box....
  7. Task Automation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Automation: HiI need to automate a number of tasks:1. I have a program that I use for stocks. It allows me to save data as a CSV. I need to automate the running of this program so it copies the data to a local folder.2. I have a data provider that provides data via SFTP. I need to...
  8. How would I automate this task?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How would I automate this task?: I'm using a program called 4K Stogram, which lets you download Instagram posts. Bulk downloads get you banned, so I've been downloading each account manually by hitting the refresh icon next to each profile name and stopping after a certain number of requests (see below for a...
  9. Resetting Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resetting Network Adapter: While I have read several suggestions for resetting the network adapter, they all involve rebooting the PC. I am wondering why the Windows Network and Internet troubleshooter doesn't reboot after resetting the adapter? Whatever it does appears (mostly) to solve my network...
  10. Automate LOGIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automate LOGIN: Is there a way to automate a LOGIN? I often need to login to a large number of pcs. I was wandering if there is a way to do it automatically by connecting an usb. Thanks 99320