Windows 10: how to automatically change windows powerplan ?

Discus and support how to automatically change windows powerplan ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found only how to change this upon program launch using task sheduler, but after i close program i want to change it back to balanced. I didn't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Dec 11, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

how to automatically change windows powerplan ?

I found only how to change this upon program launch using task sheduler, but after i close program i want to change it back to balanced. I didn't find any program, or way how to do this automatically. Which is strange, one would think they would want people save energy for environmental reasons, that this isn't already implemented in windows. Process lasso can change this, but can't restore it to the default, after you close program...

:)

empleat, Dec 11, 2019

2. Unable to change windows 10 timeout

Hello. Have you tried running these steps:

Power TSr

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side of the screen panel.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective

Try also creating a new powerplan or restoring it default

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.

Or

RESTORE POWERPLAN TO DEFAULT

• Control Panel.
    • Power Options.
    • choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Restore default settings for this plan.

CourageDog, Dec 11, 2019
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 11, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

Thema:

1. how to automatically change windows powerplan ? - Similar Threads - automatically change powerplan

2. how to automatically change windows power plan ?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to automatically change windows power plan ?: I found only how to change this upon program launch using task sheduler, but after i close program i want to change it back to balanced. I didn't find any program, or way how to do this automatically. Which is strange, one would think they would want people save energy for...
  3. Automatic Time Change

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Time Change: I want my laptop clock to change automatically whenever I move time zones. It is set to ON for automatic time, and time zone (two separate ON's to press). But I have just gone to Spain (from UK) and they are one hour ahead, but the laptop time is unaltered. I have also...
  4. Background changes automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background changes automatically: In background when picture changs either on time or on restart the following happens 1. Background: changes from slideshow to picture 2. Fit changes from Fit to Fill Following internet read advice I have tried A. Changing desktop from available to paused B....
  5. crasauditfail change automatic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    crasauditfail change automatic: [ATTACH] Registry Value crasauditfail change automatic after updating Windows 10 1809. unable to login user. please suggest fix sollution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crasauditfail-change-automatic/9b95340d-9785-45dc-bab0-3a47481f9da8
  6. Windows automatically changed the settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows automatically changed the settings: All started when I was writing a blog... I got a call and left my laptop on for 5 min. The display turned off but the pc was on... I tried waking it up.. but there was no response. The disk read/write indicator was continuously lighted without a blink... The screen turned...
  7. Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?

in Windows 10 Support
    Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?: By simply highlighting text it gets copied to the clipboard overwriting content already there. I think I may have set this to happen some time ago and can't now workout how I did it, or how to undo it. Can anyone help me stop this behaviour? 125264
  8. boot sequence changed automatically how to reverse it

boot sequence changed automatically how to reverse it: i have dell 15R 5520 laptop with windows 10. Day before yesterday when i started my laptop it showed pxe over ipv4 and pxe over ipv6 during boot. I pressed esc from it and my pc started i checked my boot order and found it was changed and now windows boot manager is listed at...
  9. Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically: I have recently obtained a new EliteDesk G1 with Windows 10 Pro on the latest update and for some damn reason, the display changes the brightness depending on the application/game that is being displayed. If I show a dark image the screen turns dark and if I use a show a...
  10. wallpaper changes automatically

wallpaper changes automatically: my system wallpaper is changing automatically when connected to the internet. please give me a solution how to stop that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/wallpaper-changes-automatically/d113459d-6f87-4bb6-9519-249aa2c9b74f