Windows 10: How to Automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face

Discus and support How to Automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows Hello is one of the best features of Windows 10. This feature a user to access their computer in a secure way using various […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 17, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face

WinClub, Apr 17, 2020
  2. RLAR Win User

Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10

Thnx. I did try turning off the "Automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognize your face" button. (That wording is a little different then your screen is showing.) When I restarted my computer, the face recognition mode came up with a dismiss comment, red lights flashing and it just sat there. Eventually it said welcome, but then the screen went black...for about 10 minutes. I thought I was dead in the water. So kinda chicken to try it again. And chicken to attempt step 2....way out of my league. Maybe under face recognition, above the turn on/off auto face button, I should select "remove," and it would defaut to my pin? Seems odd that something that should be so simple isn't.

3. Windows hello reconizes me but wont dismiss lock screen on pc after recent Windows 10 update

Like my title says. I had an update last week and after that Windows hello recognizes me but doesn't dismiss lock screen. I have to swipe up and type in my pin so it unlocks. I have checked the settings as I read to check the "Automatically dismiss the lock
    screen if we recognize your face" and that's on. I deleted my face recognition and set it up again and that was no help.

If it helps anything my computer is an Alienware 15 R3 7th gen i7-7700HQ, Windows 10 home 64 bit and GTX 1070.

[Original title: Windows hello reconizes me but wont dismiss lock screen on pc after recent windows 10 update]

Miguel Echeverria, Apr 17, 2020
  4. How to Automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face

Remove Your Face from Windows Hello in Windows 10

This doesn't work for me either. Pushing the button seems to do nothing. Windows still tries to recognize my face whenever it wants to verify identity. In practice it doesn't recognize me, which basically means I'm being greeted by an error message every time I open my laptop, which is pretty lame. But afaict it still has a face model that it's trying to use, despite pressing "remove" and also turning off "automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognize your face".

abramdemski, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

How to Automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face

1. How to Automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face - Similar Threads - Automatically dismiss lock

2. Windows hello face unlock wont automatically dismiss lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello face unlock wont automatically dismiss lock screen.: Hi, I have recently updated my laptop to Windows 11 home edition.I have noticed issue with windows hello face logon.When I lock the system manually, windows will detect my face but I have to manually input a keystroke to unlock.I get a message saying "Welcome back xxx!...
  3. Windows hello face unlock wont automatically dismiss lock screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello face unlock wont automatically dismiss lock screen.: Hi, I have recently updated my laptop to Windows 11 home edition.I have noticed issue with windows hello face logon.When I lock the system manually, windows will detect my face but I have to manually input a keystroke to unlock.I get a message saying "Welcome back xxx!...
  4. How do How do I dismiss the blue Lock Screen to sign back into windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do How do I dismiss the blue Lock Screen to sign back into windows?: My computer is telling me the user profile service failed to sign in. User profile cannot be loaded? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-how-do-i-dismiss-the-blue-lock-screen-to/11373b2f-3f66-48b5-8f24-40da066ca690
  5. How do How do I dismiss the blue Lock Screen to sign back into windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do How do I dismiss the blue Lock Screen to sign back into windows?: My computer is telling me the user profile service failed to sign in. User profile cannot be loaded? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-how-do-i-dismiss-the-blue-lock-screen-to/11373b2f-3f66-48b5-8f24-40da066ca690
  6. windows hello will not dismiss lock screen when it recognizes me. I need a keystroke shortcut

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello will not dismiss lock screen when it recognizes me. I need a keystroke shortcut: I need a keystroke shortcut- the settings are not working. It will not recognize my pin to log in, but does when I try to update windows hello. But the lock screen will not dismiss even though I have it turned on. I've tried to go back to a prior version when it did work,...
  7. "Dismiss the lock screen to sign back into Windows"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Dismiss the lock screen to sign back into Windows": Did update on Surface pro and now can't get past "Dismiss the lock screen to sign back into Windows". Can't get back into my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dismiss-the-lock-screen-to-sign-back-into-windows/ebceed6c-9d22-4a71-830e-5c696f65b560
  8. Space/enter not dismissing lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Space/enter not dismissing lock screen: I'm having an issue that happens completely randomly where when I open my laptop and the lock screen appears (normal) but then pressing Space or Enter does not dismiss it; I have to use the mouse or slide up on the touch screen. I did a bit of searching and came across this...
  9. FIX Automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face not working

in Windows 10 News
    FIX Automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face not working: [ATTACH]Windows Hello feature on Windows 10 computers helps a user get logged in to a supported device faster. It makes use of biometric authentication to […] This article FIX Automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face not working first appeared on...
  10. Face recognizer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Face recognizer: Do l need to hook up a web cam to get face recognizer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/face-recognizer/fed8b3a2-e9e9-4143-a0ab-f8374ca7fcd8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to lock screen windows 10