Windows 10: How to automatically download/ install Defender updates "ONLY"

Discus and support How to automatically download/ install Defender updates "ONLY" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; w10-64 bit on i5-Level8 pc. I have set my windows update so that any updates gives me windows notification, then I go to settings and click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VSRawat, Jul 14, 2020.

1. VSRawat Win User

How to automatically download/ install Defender updates "ONLY"

w10-64 bit on i5-Level8 pc.

I have set my windows update so that any updates gives me windows notification, then I go to settings and click "download", then it downloads and automatically installs.

This I have set so that huge windows updates of several MBs and GBs don't exhaust my daily bandwidth quota of 1.5 GB without me coming to know in case of automatic download/ install of those updates.

Now, I don't want me to be prompted everyday for Windows Defender Updates. Those are small in size and my bandwidth quota can always accomodate them.

How to automatically download/ install Defender updates "ONLY", whereas get notified as earlier for any other huge sized updates.

If possible, can I set this automatic install option for all updates less than 50 MB or so. It should only prompt me for updates larger in size?

Any policy tweak or other software?

Thanks.

--

Rawat

:)

VSRawat, Jul 14, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 14, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How to automatically download/ install Defender updates "ONLY" :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 14, 2020
  4. How to automatically download/ install Defender updates "ONLY"

Automatic Updates

They are installed automatically if that is the way you have Automatic Updates set.

I have AU set as download them, but let me choose when to install.

Is that what you meant when you said they are installed automatically?

As to your question Lillebror, I searched for a way to start the Automatic Updates, but really wasn't successful.

OnePostWonder, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

How to automatically download/ install Defender updates "ONLY"

1. How to automatically download/ install Defender updates "ONLY" - Similar Threads - automatically download install

2. Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install: On Windows 10 Pro, I am looking for a way to leave on Automatic Update downloads, but not automatically install them. This was an option in previous versions of Windows. Before, I could set updates to download and Windows would just alert me that the updates need to be...
  3. Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install: On Windows 10 Pro, I am looking for a way to leave on Automatic Update downloads, but not automatically install them. This was an option in previous versions of Windows. Before, I could set updates to download and Windows would just alert me that the updates need to be...
  4. Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Automatic Updates (download but not install)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Automatic Updates (download but not install): I've tried googling but haven't seem to found anything to help me. I don't mind the updates automatically downloading them and informing me of them, but I absolutely despise the system choosing to install and restart my pc for me. The "active hours" feature doesn't help me, I...
  6. Defender Updates - Automatic OK to download and install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Defender Updates - Automatic OK to download and install?: I'm using Windows 10 18363.778. I would like to give an automatic approval to Windows to download and install Security Intelligence Updates for Windows Defender Antivirus, without any human interaction. But I'd also like to keep the deferrals I have set for quality and...
  7. Defender - How to update automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender - How to update automatically: I'd like to know how to configure Windows Defender to auto update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-how-to-update-automatically/2b446778-f4c8-4580-beaa-e5532f7f332f
  8. Automatic Defender Updates

Automatic Defender Updates: I have my Defender setting to get automatic updates but every time I go to my computer (about once a week), it says my definitions are not updated. It is time consuming as well. Can anyone advise me about this? Thank you....
  9. Window Defender - How to Set it to Install Updates Automatically?

Window Defender - How to Set it to Install Updates Automatically?: I have Window Defender running and it checks for updates on Startup. I always tell it to update. How do I set it to update automatically when updates are available. I looked thru the program, but did not see an Option for that. Can someone Advise me? Thanks for any...
  10. Window Defender - How to Set it to Install Updates Automatically?

Window Defender - How to Set it to Install Updates Automatically?: I have Window Defender running and it checks for updates on Startup. I always tell it to update. How do I set it to update automatically when updates are available. I looked thru the program, but did not see an Option for that. Can someone Advise me? Thanks for any...