Windows 10: How to automatically hide or fully remove taskbar/start menu?

Discus and support How to automatically hide or fully remove taskbar/start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am making an arcade machine using Windows 10 and a small computer. I would like to be able to streamline the start up process and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ReindeerRonnie, Oct 29, 2020.

1. How to automatically hide or fully remove taskbar/start menu?

How to automatically hide or fully remove taskbar/start menu? OCaY7TeA2dVvl9-RgfvwWmgMd8sHLN5HrCnarbJTXyA.jpg

I am making an arcade machine using Windows 10 and a small computer.

I would like to be able to streamline the start up process and overall presentation so that the user sees only a few desktop icons as options for games.

I want to essentially hide all of the other UI.

I have tried Kiosk Mode but that did not work well with the games I am using in the arcade - Sim City 2000, etc.

So, my question is: "How do you automatically hide or fully remove the taskbar or start menu in Windows 10?

I am using version 2004 by the way.

So far I have only been able to use an option that hides it after the first click on the blank background. I need it to automatically hide. How can we do this?

Thank you so much!

https://preview.redd.it/lyujnwtqu4w...bp&s=689dbe1b0aaea716283821af6e65f0da7546f3a8

submitted by /u/ReindeerRonnie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ReindeerRonnie, Oct 29, 2020

2. hide the taskbar

Hi

my name is Dennis, I'm an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

follow these steps

1. On any blank area of your Windows 10 taskbar, right click to reveal a list of menu options.

2. At the bottom of the list of options, click on Taskbar settings.

3. In the Taskbar menu, ensure that the option for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" is enabled by clicking to turn the small lever to the right of the option blue.

4. Your taskbar should disappear automatically once the hide options are enabled.

Regards,

Dennis.

DennisDiaz1, Oct 29, 2020
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 29, 2020
  4. How to automatically hide or fully remove taskbar/start menu?

Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

How to automatically hide or fully remove taskbar/start menu?

1. How to automatically hide or fully remove taskbar/start menu? - Similar Threads - automatically hide fully

2. Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...: Hi,Just to be clear, I do NOT want the taskbar to be hiding, I want it always visible. For some reason however, in the last couple of days, maybe since the last windows 11 update April 11, 2023—KB5025239, the taskbar now automatically hides regardless of whether the...
  3. Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is automatically hiding without the "automatically hide the taskbar" setting...: Hi,Just to be clear, I do NOT want the taskbar to be hiding, I want it always visible. For some reason however, in the last couple of days, maybe since the last windows 11 update April 11, 2023—KB5025239, the taskbar now automatically hides regardless of whether the...
  4. Automatically Hide Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Hide Taskbar: Hi I have a little issue with windows 11 I don't know if it's a bug, but when I automatically hide the taskbar, usually when I move my mouse over it shows the taskbar, actually, it works perfectly fine on my laptop, but I have an external screen, connected to my laptop, it...
  5. Automatically Hide Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically Hide Taskbar: Hi I have a little issue with windows 11 I don't know if it's a bug, but when I automatically hide the taskbar, usually when I move my mouse over it shows the taskbar, actually, it works perfectly fine on my laptop, but I have an external screen, connected to my laptop, it...
  6. How to automatically hide or fully remove taskbar/start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to automatically hide or fully remove taskbar/start menu?: I am making an arcade machine using Windows 10 and a small computer. I would like to be able to streamline the start up process and overall presentation so that the user sees only a few desktop icons as options for games. I want to essentially hide all of the other UI....
  7. How to make the Windows 10 taskbar fully hide?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make the Windows 10 taskbar fully hide?: Hey guys, I am using my LG C9 as my desktop and I am hiding the taskbar to prevent burn-in. I was wondering if anyone managed to make the taskbar fully hide. For me it fully hides sometimes, but a lot of the times a tiny stroke keeps being in the screen as seen here:...
  8. How to add the 'Automatically Hide Taskbar' option to the right-click menu?

How to add the 'Automatically Hide Taskbar' option to the right-click menu?: Hi there, I am wandering whether it is possible to have the 'Automatically Hide Taskbar' option on the Taskbar itself or at least, how it used to be, in the drop-down menu that appears when you right-click on the taskbar. Some of the programs I constantly use require me...
  9. Query on Start menu showing up while taskbar is set to hide automatically.

Query on Start menu showing up while taskbar is set to hide automatically.: Well the issue is pretty straight forward. I have enabled the "AUTO HIDE TASKBAR THINGY" on my notebook. But, when I use the mouse cursor to click on the Start Menu button on the taskbar (the Windows Logo) For some reason it waits for the taskbar to hide before showing the...
  10. Start menu is shy; it's hiding behind the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu is shy; it's hiding behind the taskbar: Hi. Today, out of the blue, my start menu has started to hide behind the taskbar. It's rather annoying, as the area you type in is obscured by the taskbar now so I cannot see what is being typed: [img] I rebooted, no dice. Unlocked/relocked the taskbar, no dice. Moved...