Windows 10: How to automatically logon Windows 10 in S mode?

Discus and support How to automatically logon Windows 10 in S mode? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a computer with Windows 10 Home in S mode. On my old computer, I have it set to automatically logon at boot up. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TuringPolice, Sep 25, 2019.

1. How to automatically logon Windows 10 in S mode?

I have recently purchased a computer with Windows 10 Home in S mode. On my old computer, I have it set to automatically logon at boot up. I want to duplicate that, but all of the information I have found on autologon doesn't work.

When I run Netplwiz, the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checkbox is not there.

I cannot run regedt32.exe to make registry changes, because it is not an approved app from the Microsoft Store. Neither is the Sysinternals autologon app.

So my question is, how do you autologon in Windows 10 in S mode? Can you edit the registry without regedt32.exe? Is there a hidden autologon option? Is there an app in the store that can do this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

:)

TuringPolice, Sep 25, 2019
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to automatically logon Windows 10 in S mode?

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

How to automatically logon Windows 10 in S mode?

1. How to automatically logon Windows 10 in S mode? - Similar Threads - automatically logon mode

2. windows 10 s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 s mode: I have new laptop with windows 10 s mode but cant download from microsoft store any ideas? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-s-mode/2d6960e5-91d5-457f-9389-cdcd03c8d704
  3. Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 S Mode: I have 2 computers signed into Windows, both are running on Windows 10 S mode. If i switch one computer out of S mode will it affect the other computer, or should i create a new account for on of them?...
  4. Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 S Mode: thinking about buying a laptop with window 10 s mode but do not want this. I know you can switch out of S mode, but would like to know if there are any issues doing this. What about windows updates and new version downloads? Are they the same as using windows 10 home? Any...
  5. Windows 10 S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 S mode: I have a asus laptop in windows 10 s mode but i want to download apps out of the windows store, will my computer still have virus protection if i leave or will i need to buy one like norton? thankyou...
  6. Windows 10 S-mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 S-mode: I went through the whole H&R Block download and Windows 10 says I have to get the windows store version. I already paid for H&R Block software. Any thoughts? Thanks, Phil...
  7. Windows 10 S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 S Mode: I can't find a way to get my laptop out of s mode. When I go through the Microsoft support instructions I've found online they don't work. There is no 'Go to store' option at instruction 2, and no 'Switch out of S mode' in the Microsoft store at instruction 3. - Those...
  8. Windows 10 S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 S mode: If i decide i'm going to reset my surface will it reinstall Windows 10 in S mode like it came originally or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-s-mode/ed78e756-e510-4c2e-b8b5-a73fc54beb2f
  9. Windows 10 in s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 in s mode: can you play java games with this.Like pogo.com? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-in-s-mode/f6f8222b-2f72-48d5-aab2-72ca846934a3
  10. How to Enable S mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Enable S mode in Windows 10: How to Enable S mode in Windows 10 Windows 10 in S mode is a mode that can be applied to a Windows edition to enable a productive Windows experience that's streamlined for security and performanace. By exclusively using apps in the Microsoft Store and ensuring that you...