Windows 10: How to automatically MOVE (No Prompts) files (photos) from an SD card to directory on my PC

Discus and support How to automatically MOVE (No Prompts) files (photos) from an SD card to directory on my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to find a way to ... when I insert an SD/CF card from one of my cameras ... automatically copy to a specific directory In Windows 95 and XP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kevin Cook -, Jun 19, 2019.

1. How to automatically MOVE (No Prompts) files (photos) from an SD card to directory on my PC

I need to find a way to ... when I insert an SD/CF card from one of my cameras ... automatically copy to a specific directory

In Windows 95 and XP ... I had it setup to copy (to a specific directory) then delete the photos ... without being prompted

In Windows 10 ... I do not seem to have this option ...

I have Auto Play set to ON

I have Memory Card set to - IMPORT PHOTOS AND VIDEOS (PHOTOS)

1) This opens a wizard every time

2) This forces the creation of a new directory

When I am taking photos ... I may import 10-100 times a day ... and I cant spend time cleaning up from the mess created by the import wizard

Does any advice as to how to do what was done in past version of windows?

Thank you for your time and any help that you can provide

:)

Kevin Cook -, Jun 19, 2019

2. Import photos from SD Card in Photo Gallery using Autoplay

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Autoplay Settings in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Under Choose Autoplay defaults, select the option required from the drop down list for
      Removable drive and Memory card and close the Window.
    • Restart the system and check for status.
    I suggest you to try importing the photos using photo app as below and check if it helps.

• In the search box type photo.
    • Click on the photo app.
    • On the right hand top corner click on import option.
    • Before that you need to plug in SD card where you have saved the photos.
    Also refer the steps provided by
    Ruth Buruga
    replied on March 21, 2016 in the below link:

Windows 10 Import pictures from SD card

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    photos app not showing pictures on sd card

Hello Camler,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Are you seeing a OneDrive folder in the SD card?
    • How are you trying to sync photos from the SD card to OneDrive? Did you enable
      Automatically save photos and videos to OneDrive whenever I connect a camera, phone, other device to my PC in the Auto Save tab on OneDrive settings?
    • Are you able to view the photos by checking the SD card only?
    Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jun 19, 2019
  4. quarkrad Win User

How to automatically MOVE (No Prompts) files (photos) from an SD card to directory on my PC

USB/SD Card to Photo Gallery

To be clear - I'm taking the memory card out of the camera and putting it into either a usb multi card reader and plugging the card reader into the pc or putting the sd card into a dedicated memory stick and plugging that into the pc. I had a look at the options under memory card and they are Import Photos and Videos (Photos), Play (Windows media player), Take no action, Open folder to view (File explorer), Ask me every time. At the moment the option is Import Photos and Videos (Photos). When I plug either multi card reader of the memory stick into the pc photo gallery auto launches but the first windows I'm presented with is a choice of what device to connect to. On my pc I have to choose device k: and Photo Gallery connects to K: (i.e. my sd card). What I'm trying to do (if it is possible) is to tell win10/Photo Gallery that K: is always my camera card so go straight to it - do not ask me what device to connect to.

quarkrad, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

How to automatically MOVE (No Prompts) files (photos) from an SD card to directory on my PC

1. How to automatically MOVE (No Prompts) files (photos) from an SD card to directory on my PC - Similar Threads - automatically MOVE Prompts

2. Moving Files onto and SD Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files onto and SD Card: Hello! I am trying to move my system files onto an SD card; my system files take up a LOT of storage and my system storage is full. I've copied them onto the card, is it safe to delete the original files?I hope this made sense...
  3. Moving Files onto and SD Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Files onto and SD Card: Hello! I am trying to move my system files onto an SD card; my system files take up a LOT of storage and my system storage is full. I've copied them onto the card, is it safe to delete the original files?I hope this made sense...
  4. Photos on SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos on SD card: Hi. I have windows 10 on a desktop computer, and I use a camera, not a phone, to take photos. Until the last few days, when I inserted my SD card, the autoplay would automatically send the photos to the Photos App, AND download them to the pictures app? file folder in the...
  5. Move an album from Microsoft Photos to an sd card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move an album from Microsoft Photos to an sd card?: I assume this must be possible, but I cannot find any info online as to how to move an album to an sd card. Help--please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-an-album-from-microsoft-photos-to-an-sd-card/866a274d-2336-482d-bd71-18b88cfdaf70
  6. Importing Photos from SD Card

Importing Photos from SD Card: Why are some of my pictures inverted when i import them on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-sd-card/a44b69e9-3973-43f7-9a8a-8077a02b6dcf
  7. import photos from sd card

import photos from sd card: sorry...I inserted the sd camera card in the desktop tower...I went to the picture app . did import... it will not allow the photo s to download. I just did this last month and all worked well. I don't understand why this time when I: went to the windows...
  8. Importing photos from an SD card

Importing photos from an SD card: When I import photos from an SD card, sometimes windows will break the photos up into two dates. So one half has (for example) December 10, 2019 and the other half has December 11, 2019. And to make it more interesting, the latter date hasn't even happened yet (the date...
  9. How to import Photos from SD Card to a Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to import Photos from SD Card to a Windows 10 PC: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Importing pictures from a digital card enables you to share them readily with your friends or colleagues. But if you are not aware of the transferring process, you’ll find it quite troublesome. Here’s a handbook offering step-by-step instructions to import...
  10. Uploading photos from an SD Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uploading photos from an SD Card: I am a photographer and I do not attach my camera to my PC. I take my SD card out to my card reader and put it into a USB. On Windows 7, on Windows Settings I preset it so the Folder would be put on my H:/Pictures I set Autoplay so when I did this a little window would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatically copy then delete files from sd card to a specific directory - Windows 10

2. Automatically move photos from sd card to a specific directory