Windows 10: How to automatically move open window icons to the left on the taskbar?

Discus and support How to automatically move open window icons to the left on the taskbar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is what my taskbar looks like now. But I want to make it look like this instead. The second screenshot makes it easier for me to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/catsik1, Feb 21, 2021.

1. How to automatically move open window icons to the left on the taskbar?

/u/catsik1, Feb 21, 2021
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 21, 2021
  4. How to automatically move open window icons to the left on the taskbar?

NIGHTMARE icon in windows taskbar

Ok ... this is really an annoying thingy in Windows Vista that till today. My top wish list is to solve this !!! *Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

See attached pic ... for eg. open My Computer ... icon is of course as shown - the My Computer default Vista icon ... after you browse? *swoosh* kind of black magic ... it changes to that icon with the green arrow ... browsing back to My Computer it remains like that ... with the green arrow!!!

This happens to any and all folders ! ... When you load it ... it comes up with the default folder ... after exporing through folder it changes ... and remains like that.

For info : have tried a fresh installation of Vista to make sure that no bug got in. So must be some DAMN Vista settings

Thanks mates ... hope you enjoy this puzzle !

ragingspeed, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

How to automatically move open window icons to the left on the taskbar?

1. How to automatically move open window icons to the left on the taskbar? - Similar Threads - automatically move open

2. How To Move the Taskbar to the Left Side in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    How To Move the Taskbar to the Left Side in Windows 11?: Did you know that in Windows 11, you can now move your taskbar to the left? All you need is a registry hack, and you can change the look of your screen. Whether Microsoft will bring in an update for moveable taskbars in the future is yet to be seen. This article will show you...
  3. how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar: Taskbar icons are rearranged by Windows monthly updates. I had them in the alignment I wished. I find instructions only for moving the taskbar, which I want to keep on the bottom where it has always been. I wish just to rearrange the icons as we can do with desktop tile...
  4. how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar: Taskbar icons are rearranged by Windows monthly updates. I had them in the alignment I wished. I find instructions only for moving the taskbar, which I want to keep on the bottom where it has always been. I wish just to rearrange the icons as we can do with desktop tile...
  5. Cursor is moving left automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor is moving left automatically.: Sir./ madam I have recently Flashed windows 11 in my pc . and I am facing a problem. That Cursor is moving left automatically. I have tried by uninstalling driver to fix this issue. I got failed. Please help me. Is there any file or s/w corrupted.?...
  6. Cursor is moving left automatically.

Cursor is moving left automatically.: Sir./ madam I have recently Flashed windows 11 in my pc . and I am facing a problem. That Cursor is moving left automatically. I have tried by uninstalling driver to fix this issue. I got failed. Please help me. Is there any file or s/w corrupted.?...
  7. Moving the Taskbar to the Left in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving the Taskbar to the Left in Windows 11?: The Taskbar cannot be moved to the Left in a super wide 27" screen. If only Microsoft can enable this function in Windows 11.... No point manufacturing big screens if this function is not available. Any additional functions / features in Windows 11 are useless, if such simple...
  8. Cannot move taskbar to left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot move taskbar to left: Split from this thread.Is there a way of going back to the other windows? I can't move my taskbar to the left side. And I am so used to it being there. I now have to use the hiding bar. ugh.thanks...
  9. Cannot move taskbar to left

Cannot move taskbar to left: Split from this thread.Is there a way of going back to the other windows? I can't move my taskbar to the left side. And I am so used to it being there. I now have to use the hiding bar. ugh.thanks...
  10. Taskbar icons moved over to the left...

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons moved over to the left...: Hello and hope you're all keeping well, This morning I suddenly realised that some of my taskbar icons had moved over to the left... Normally I only have the Windows start icon on the left then the usual show hidden icons/speaker/network/ time/date icons on the right. In...