Windows 10: How to automatically open an excel file on startup?

Discus and support How to automatically open an excel file on startup? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been trying to find this on the internet, but my search criteria are probably not specific enough. Can someone please explain how to do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KittyPitty, Jun 19, 2020.

1. How to automatically open an excel file on startup?

I have been trying to find this on the internet, but my search criteria are probably not specific enough. Can someone please explain how to do this? Thank you.

submitted by /u/KittyPitty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KittyPitty, Jun 19, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

How to automatically open an excel file on startup? [​IMG]

- this list:

How to automatically open an excel file on startup? [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 19, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

How to automatically open an excel file on startup?

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How to automatically open an excel file on startup? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

How to automatically open an excel file on startup?

1. How to automatically open an excel file on startup? - Similar Threads - automatically open excel

2. Excel file won't stop opening at startup/login - how do I stop from automatically opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel file won't stop opening at startup/login - how do I stop from automatically opening?: Hi all,I have my laptop set up so that it opens my most regularly used programs and files on logging in. Pretty standard so far.There is an Excel spreadsheet that I would like to stop opening, and have a different one open. However, I can't seem to work out how I made the...
  3. Excel file won't stop opening at startup/login - how do I stop from automatically opening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel file won't stop opening at startup/login - how do I stop from automatically opening?: Hi all,I have my laptop set up so that it opens my most regularly used programs and files on logging in. Pretty standard so far.There is an Excel spreadsheet that I would like to stop opening, and have a different one open. However, I can't seem to work out how I made the...
  4. Excel file will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel file will not open: Hi, I tried to save me excel file but it seems it was saved in another format and now I can't open it in excel. When I try to open it, a window pops up saying "how do you want to open this file?". Excel is not one of the options...
  5. File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10: How do I prevent file explorer from opening automaticaly on startup in windows 10? File explorer is not listed in my task manager so I cannot disable it there....
  6. Cannot open an Excel file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open an Excel file: I have a problem opening just one odd excel file. this is a .xlsx file, and I am using Office 2013. Office program fully up to date. I have tried all the amateur workarounds (I have limited computer know how) inc office has been repaired. On opening the file, there is a...
  7. Unable to select Excel files in File Manager without them automatically opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to select Excel files in File Manager without them automatically opening: When I am moving, copying, renaming files in File Explorer, which is set to "double-click to open", I have no difficulties, except with Excel files. Even hovering over the name, let alone a single-click will make them open. How do I stop this? I don't know if the same thing...
  8. Excel sheet is automatically open

Excel sheet is automatically open: Why Excel sheet is automatically pop-up many sheets when I turn on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-sheet-is-automatically-open/998d27e4-30b4-46a4-a225-0c8361ec18c6
  9. Word/Excel opening on startup, odd?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word/Excel opening on startup, odd?: When I use Word or Excel one day, and when I've finished on my pc for the day and shut down. The next day when I switch the PC on, a blank Word or Excel sheet (whichever I used last the day before) will open on up on my screen on startup without me touching anything. Is this...
  10. Microsoft Word and Excel 2019 automatically opens upon startup

Microsoft Word and Excel 2019 automatically opens upon startup: I have installed ms office 2019 two days ago. Now, I see that an empty word file is open when I startup my computer. Then it closes itself? Is this a virus?...