Windows 10: How to automatically rename my mp3 file name to the lrc file name?

Discus and support How to automatically rename my mp3 file name to the lrc file name? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , is there a way or a program to automatically rename mp3 lyrics file(.lrc) to the same name as my mp3 files? i am asking this because windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yujinloh, Jul 16, 2016.

1. yujinloh Win User

How to automatically rename my mp3 file name to the lrc file name?

Hi , is there a way or a program to automatically rename mp3 lyrics file(.lrc) to the same name as my mp3 files?
    i am asking this because windows media player requires both the mp3 and lyrics to be the same name to recognize and play the lyrics.

:)

yujinloh, Jul 16, 2016
  2. zebarnabe Win User

new 5800 RM 356 firmware 52.0.007 is released..!!

You know how to put subtitles on a video file using .SRT files?

The concept is the same, put an .LRC file where your .MP3 file is, maintaining the same name.

So.... you have on the same folder:

mymusic.mp3

mymusic.lrc

Simple and easy, but you have to do it manually for all the mp3's you want with lyrics, there are websites with .lrc files available for download, check wikipedia external links on LRC file format entry...

You could also make your own LRC file... i did it for Gothc X-Mas music from Within Temptation :]

zebarnabe, Jul 16, 2016
  3. zebarnabe Win User
    Nokia 5800 music player update

Downloading copyrighted musics without buying them it's illegal ... so no links for numbered username....

Lyrics are just text files, I just send an .LRC file together with my audio file, with the same name, the version format supported by 5800 (and I suppose X6 and 5230) it's the simple one... search in wikipedia for LRC (file format) ... it should provide
    help and links over what to do to get lyrics for your musics ...

I don't know if it's possible to embed the lyrics in mp3 tags, I believe it is, but I don't know if the new symbian music player version supports it...

The easiest way it's really to send the .LRC file to the same place where the MP3 file is, if the name is the same the phone does the rest, no need to edit the MP3 tags :]

zebarnabe, Jul 16, 2016
  4. How to automatically rename my mp3 file name to the lrc file name?

Try right clicking on the mp3 file and select "rename"

oldtraveler, Jul 16, 2016
  5. Rocky Win User
    This is a stupid question, but are these lyric files in MP3 format or another format?

Rocky, Jul 16, 2016
  6. yujinloh Win User
    I have 1k+ mp3 files , it takes forever to rename all the mp3 files.

I am asking for a faster way or maybe a program to do that.

yujinloh, Jul 17, 2016
  7. yujinloh Win User
    The lyrics are in .lrc format, guess u didnt read my post carefully.

yujinloh, Jul 17, 2016
  8. How to automatically rename my mp3 file name to the lrc file name?

AFAIK there is no program to do all of the name changes. I believe you will need to do them individually. Since you can only listen to one at a time, you could do your renaming just before you listen to one.

oldtraveler, Jul 17, 2016
  9. Rocky Win User
    So why would you think that Windows Media Player would recognize them? And even if you renamed them with an .mp3 file name, what would that accomplish?

Rocky, Jul 17, 2016
  10. topgundcp Win User
    I am not sure if you are aware of this but there's a plugin for WmPlayer & Winamp that you can download and install. The plugin is a small dll file (263KB) that can display the lyric for almost any song.
    Lyrics Plugin

How to automatically rename my mp3 file name to the lrc file name? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 17, 2016
  11. Wullail Win User
    There is no way for any app to know which lyric file corresponds to which MP3 automatically.

Wullail, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to automatically rename my mp3 file name to the lrc file name?

1. How to automatically rename my mp3 file name to the lrc file name? - Similar Threads - automatically rename mp3

2. How to rename a group of files with names of another group of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename a group of files with names of another group of files: I have a folder with a group of files. For example;First folderAudio1.wavAudio2.wavAudio3.wavAudio.... and so onSecond folderYes.wavNo.wavPerhaps.wav... and so onAnd there's the same amount of those files, but they named different. How can I replace names of first group with...
  3. How to rename a group of files with names of another group of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rename a group of files with names of another group of files: I have a folder with a group of files. For example;First folderAudio1.wavAudio2.wavAudio3.wavAudio.... and so onSecond folderYes.wavNo.wavPerhaps.wav... and so onAnd there's the same amount of those files, but they named different. How can I replace names of first group with...
  4. cant name or rename folders or files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant name or rename folders or files: hi ,whenever i create a new folder it just creates as "new folder" then when i try to rename it ,i press rename and it doesn't do noting not even a error message also when i try SHIFT = LEFT CLICK on it ,it doesnt do noting. also i cant rename all my other files please...
  5. Command Prompt Renaming Files with " and ' in the file name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt Renaming Files with " and ' in the file name.: I have a folder with thousands of files with in it. I have been trying to run various batch commands on the files within this folder, however some of these files have " and ' within their filename. Is there some way to either eliminate the problem characters from within the...
  6. How to automatically rename files with same name when copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to automatically rename files with same name when copying files: Hi, I would like to know if there is some registry hack or something that automatically renames files with the same name when copying or moving. For example you have folder with a file called banana.txt and then you copy another file called banana.txt to that folder and...
  7. TIF name automatically renamed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TIF name automatically renamed: While replacing the TIF data from one drive to desktop , i got the error code as 0x80030002. After gave skip and replace option all TIF name got shuffled automatically. I want to know the reason for the same...
  8. Automatic File Naming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic File Naming: I have to save a lot of images from a browser daily and I usually do that by dragging the image from the browser to a folder. The image automatically gets a name that consists of random numbers and letters. Can I somehow make new files acquire a sequential name? So if I have...
  9. Files automatically renaming themselves, duplicate file names

in Windows 10 Support
    Files automatically renaming themselves, duplicate file names: I have a new laptop, so unless this is some weird feature that's specific to the laptop, then I assume it's a Windows 10 settings issue because I've never encountered anything like this before. I downloaded several JPGs and PDFs from various emails and began to change the...
  10. Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name: Employee just got a new computer with Windows 10 and has several files that were copied over from another computer that have a % sign in the names. Don't ask me how. She has to rename them. Is there a way to change the % to an underscore in all the files at one time? Thank...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to rename .lrc same file name