Windows 10: how to automatically reset a users profile to one i have created in Windows 10

Discus and support how to automatically reset a users profile to one i have created in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; is it possible to have windows 10 automatically reset a users profile each time they log out or log in to one that I created when I first added them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdamEdgar, Feb 20, 2020.

1. AdamEdgar Win User

how to automatically reset a users profile to one i have created in Windows 10

is it possible to have windows 10 automatically reset a users profile each time they log out or log in to one that I created when I first added them to a device?

basically I want my laptops to not keep anything other than profiles I have setup for users. so all data would be deleted, all web browser cookies and history etc etc.

kind regards

Adam

:)

AdamEdgar, Feb 20, 2020

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

Command Prompt.

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 20, 2020
  4. how to automatically reset a users profile to one i have created in Windows 10

User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

Command Prompt.

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

how to automatically reset a users profile to one i have created in Windows 10

1. how to automatically reset a users profile to one i have created in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - automatically reset users

2. Locked Out of User Profile AND System Keeps Creating Temp User Profiles - I Have 10 Temp...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Out of User Profile AND System Keeps Creating Temp User Profiles - I Have 10 Temp...: Yesterday, I was trying to share a folder with another user and inadvertently did something incorrect to my own user profile. As a result, I am now locked out of my user profile, I cannot find ANY of my files/folders they are all showing empty. Every time I log in I get the...
  3. Locked Out of User Profile AND System Keeps Creating Temp User Profiles - I Have 10 Temp...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked Out of User Profile AND System Keeps Creating Temp User Profiles - I Have 10 Temp...: Yesterday, I was trying to share a folder with another user and inadvertently did something incorrect to my own user profile. As a result, I am now locked out of my user profile, I cannot find ANY of my files/folders they are all showing empty. Every time I log in I get the...
  4. Locked Out of User Profile AND System Keeps Creating Temp User Profiles - I Have 10 Temp...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How can i reset my user profiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i reset my user profiles?: I have changed the name of my user folder and now it is causing problems as programs are installed in a different directory and the program files are saved in some other directory.HOW do i fix it and Is there a way to reset windows which will clear all the the user profiles...
  6. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create a user profile without logging in?: Hello,We are preparing a new Windows image. After sysprep, some user profiles should be created automatically and certain files should be copied to their profiles. I have found this command to create a user profile "runas /env /profile /user:<domain>\<username> cmd.exe", but...
  7. I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones?: One folder is Administrator. One folder is Public. One folder is [local account]. This is my current and only available login, the one I want to keep. Two folders begin with defaultuser, one of which has the name of my machine. Two folders begin with the first five...
  8. Creating User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating User Profile: hey, it is possible to create another user account with admin privileges but not being able to delete another admin user account? if so, how? windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-user-profile/14a0ba41-d9f0-4696-843a-c6788a0fb8a8
  9. How to create Mandatory User Profiles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Mandatory User Profiles in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time system admins need to create a pre-configured user account which works with fixed settings. These profiles are called mandatory user profiles (one of many Unique profiles) in Windows 10. In this guide, we will share how you [...] This post How to...
  10. Cannot create user profiles in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot create user profiles in Windows 10: After the anniversary update, i can't create a new profile for a local user, which means this user can't log on (User Profile Service is not loading).And no, I do not have a restore point (a long sad story which doesn't add to the solution, I think) Also, my Main account...