Windows 10: How to automatically set power setting?

Discus and support How to automatically set power setting? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When i plug my charger the power setting automatically set the power setting to high performance and it's great. But the power setting also set to high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, Oct 6, 2019.

1. How to automatically set power setting?

When i plug my charger the power setting automatically set the power setting to high performance and it's great. But the power setting also set to high performance when i turn on my laptop unplugged, and I have to manually change to either power saving or balance. Is there a way to set the power setting automatically to choose balance or power saving whenever i unplugged or start my laptop?

:)

mikelferdinan, Oct 6, 2019

2. POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Oct 6, 2019
  4. How to automatically set power setting?

Power settings automatically changes the processor state to 100%.

Hi,

The issue might occur if the settings are corrupted.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.

• Click on “View all” on the top left pane.

• Click on Power from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, run SFC (System File Checker) scan.

• Right click on Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.

• Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.

• After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.
    For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Please get back to us with the results of the issue in regards with power settings and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating systems. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

How to automatically set power setting?

1. How to automatically set power setting? - Similar Threads - automatically set power

2. How to change the power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to change the power settings: Hi I have W10 Pro on an ASUS VivobooxX405 I changed by Power Settings to Balanced because I was operating on battery and did not want my laptop to fail while I was working. The screen lost brightness but it was okay. Now I want to revert to high performance but cannot see the...
  3. How to change the power settings

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the power settings: Hi I have W10 Pro on an ASUS VivobooxX405 I changed by Power Settings to Balanced because I was operating on battery and did not want my laptop to fail while I was working. The screen lost brightness but it was okay. Now I want to revert to high performance but cannot see the...
  4. Power Settings - No Automatic Shutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Settings - No Automatic Shutoff: Have the settings at 5 for screen off and 10 or 30 for power off. Automatic screen shuts off is okay. Power does not go off automatically. The computer will go into sleep state using the keyboard key. I ried the Windows trouble shooting tool for a fix but it did not find any...
  5. Power settings automatically changing

Power settings automatically changing: I hope someone out there can help me please - As for a few months now, Windows 10 build 19042.685 keeps changing the sleep setting to 2 hours, I have it set to never, as I could have background processes happening and I don't want to watch it so I let t go unsupervised, and...
  6. Power settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Power settings: Hi So back when i had Windows 7 instead of Windows 10, if i left home and my PC was still turned on, then after about 30 minutes the Green Led from the PC tower started blinking and the PC kinda went into some form of power saving. I know it wasn't hibernate or sleep because...
  7. How to set automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set automatic updates?: I want to turn on automatic updates on my laptop. I tried to turn ON but it doesn’t work and automatically gets turn OFF https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-automatic-updates/bfce7c41-23a2-4f4c-b656-d8f1a41d1b52
  8. power settings

power settings: with every update my power settings get changed to put computer to sleep after 1 minute of inactivity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-settings/6c285063-6336-4f59-ae8a-1798db5149e2"
  9. Power settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power settings: How do I change power settings from balanced to high performance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/power-settings/9a6d6a6b-cd41-4f22-a292-1b23fe94a7dc
  10. Power Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Setting: Has Microsoft removed the option of changing power plan. In previous windows, you could change from say Balanced to High performance by clicking the battery button. Now, I can go into the settings but I'm not sure if its actually changing the plan. Why would they remove this?...