Windows 10: How to automatically shut down a window

Discus and support How to automatically shut down a window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use jazzradio.com to play jazz on my PC. I have the basic subscription which, after some period of time, stops the music and prompts me if I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

How to automatically shut down a window

I use jazzradio.com to play jazz on my PC. I have the basic subscription which, after some period of time, stops the music and prompts me if I want to upgrade to Premium. The prompt has an "X" in the upper right corner of the prompt. Since I don't want to upgrade, I click on the "X" and the prompt disappears and the music starts again. I'd like to know if there's any way I can automate clicking on the "X" to keep the music running continuously. Thank you.....

:)

Nisko, Jun 20, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 20, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How to automatically shut down a window :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 20, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

1. How to automatically shut down a window - Similar Threads - automatically shut down

2. Shuts down automatically....?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shuts down automatically....?: Today when I was just tried starting up my laptop it didn't power up so I thought it may be less battery power issue so i charged it but after 4 hrs it still didn't start i long pressed the power button then it starts but shut downs automatically but still I tried again and...
  3. Shuts down automatically....?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shuts down automatically....?: Today when I was just tried starting up my laptop it didn't power up so I thought it may be less battery power issue so i charged it but after 4 hrs it still didn't start i long pressed the power button then it starts but shut downs automatically but still I tried again and...
  4. How to stop windows from automaticly shutting down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows from automaticly shutting down?: So I want to keep my computer running 24/7, no updates, no restart, nothing. It keeps on popping up windows restarting in 10 minutes and I use "shutdown -a" but that gets me so far. All my power setting are never going to sleep or turning off. Is there anything I can do for...
  5. pc automatically shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc automatically shut down: Hello, Last few days I got a huge troubles with PC. It crashed many times in game after 2-8 minutes. I received many BSOD with codes: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error or driver power state failure.In game there were log with dx11 errors. All the drivers are up to date, system too....
  6. PC SHUTS DOWN AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC SHUTS DOWN AUTOMATICALLY: I have downloaded windows 10 may 2020 update through Windows update Assistant. But as soon as it starts updating windows and the percent reach 13% or 17% the pc shuts down automatically. I am facing this issue throughout the day. What is the solution?...
  7. Windows Shutting Down Automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Shutting Down Automatically: Hi. I am using a Dell Inspiron 5547, and lately I've been having a problem with it. Around half the time I'm entering in my password the computer shuts down by itself. I've been having this issue for about a year now. I'm not sure if this is a problem from windows or from the...
  8. Laptop shutting down automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down automatically: My Asus laptop has just started shutting down on it's own while I am still using it. Can someone help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutting-down-automatically/021eaee6-0b80-4784-b33b-7a7205b1a69a
  9. How to disable automatical shut down for window 10?

How to disable automatical shut down for window 10?: My notebook come with window 10, which shut down automatically as idle for a period of time. I would like to know on how to disable automatical shut down for window 10. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  10. Automatic shut down

Automatic shut down: Since recent updates my computer will automatically lose the screen and has to be restarted. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for occurances. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-shut-down/ed48e7ad-7223-4c82-bbc2-8a7a77185a97