Windows 10: How to automatically start a scan on my printer from desktop shortcut?

Discus and support How to automatically start a scan on my printer from desktop shortcut? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to double click a desktop icon (or use a short cut key) to start a printer scan? Just trying to save a little time. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kemosabe2, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Kemosabe2 Win User

How to automatically start a scan on my printer from desktop shortcut?

Is there a way to double click a desktop icon (or use a short cut key) to start a printer scan?

Just trying to save a little time.

Thanks

:)

Kemosabe2, Jul 8, 2019

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Printer icon disappeared from desktop

Hi Helen,

This might be caused by the recent changes made on your device. Can you still see if from the Start Menu or Control Panel? If yes, then we suggest that you just create a new shortcut of your printer for an easy access of printing files. Follow the steps
    below:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sounds then click Devices and Printers.
    • Choose your printer's name, right-click on it then select Create shortcut.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Anne Ros, Jul 8, 2019
  4. How to automatically start a scan on my printer from desktop shortcut?

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

How to automatically start a scan on my printer from desktop shortcut?

1. How to automatically start a scan on my printer from desktop shortcut? - Similar Threads - automatically start scan

2. Scan from printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan from printer: My printer HP Envy 4500 will print emails etc but will not scan from the printer to the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-from-printer/c2399783-bdb7-4c90-8f3f-7344d05b1f93
  3. Scan from printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan from printer: My printer HP Envy 4500 will print emails etc but will not scan from the printer to the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-from-printer/c2399783-bdb7-4c90-8f3f-7344d05b1f93
  4. Scan from printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Scanning from Shortcut

Scanning from Shortcut: I have a HP Office Jet 4655 printer which i use to scan stuff. The blue light is blinking on the front showing printer is offline. How do I get printer online again? I just used the printer yesterday so i know printer will print. I just cannot scan to computer. I cannot...
  6. Automatic Shortcuts on Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Shortcuts on Desktop?: I currently have 4 devices that I use daily. My iPhone, my iPad, my MacBook, and my Windows PC. Notice the outlier? Because of this, I pay for the 2tb iCloud Drive which I use a lot. The convenience of this is that I can save a file on the desktop of my MacBook and it will...
  7. create a desktop shortcut for a printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a desktop shortcut for a printer: How do I create a desktop shortcut in Windows 10 for a printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-for-a-printer/86732439-44f4-4406-a7c0-de42c5e8a5e4
  8. Start Maintenance From Desktop Shortcut?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Maintenance From Desktop Shortcut?: Hello, As it is now, I have this desktop shortcut shown below. [img] . Which opens to the page seen below. However, I still need to click on "Start Maintenance". In order to activate Windows Maintenance. [img] I was wondering, if a shortcut can be created. Which will...
  9. how to scan from printer to pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to scan from printer to pc: new HPPoFFiceJet 4650 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-scan-from-printer-to-pc/7ca945ce-9f02-43ed-b306-d2cd12dccba8
  10. scanning from printer

scanning from printer: My printer won't scan and email my documents to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-from-printer/92213a1a-9ce7-46b2-9499-69b92a4fed49

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start scanning from printer

2. start a scan from printer

3. start a scan on my printer

4. AUTOMATICALLY START SCAN,
  5. automaticaly start scan