Windows 10: How to avoid having to log in with passord or p.i.n. ?

Discus and support How to avoid having to log in with passord or p.i.n. ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I switch on my computer I want it to take me to the desktop. I don't want to jump through the identification hoop - no Lock screen or any other... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Syncopator, May 23, 2019.

1. How to avoid having to log in with passord or p.i.n. ?

When I switch on my computer I want it to take me to the desktop.

I don't want to jump through the identification hoop - no Lock screen or any other encumbrance.

I'm sure I could do it on my previous computer but the how-to has evaporated from my head.

What's the procedure to accomplish this?

:)

Syncopator, May 23, 2019

2. V P N Programmes

Can anyone recommend a suitable V P N programme for win 7 that is Free or low cost for a fixed income superannuant that is available to a N Z resident.

Thank you for your response

George

{Frank} Geo F Fry, May 23, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How to avoid having to log in with passord or p.i.n. ? :p

cadaveca, May 23, 2019
  4. luvmusl Win User

How to avoid having to log in with passord or p.i.n. ?

Anyone have Sapphire 7950 BIOS p/n 113-3e24900x-s48?

If anyone has a Sapphire Radeon 7950 Boost Dual-X, could you please check to see if you have BIOS p/n 113-3e24900x-s48 (ver. 015.030.000.001.000000). By default this is the version of the BIOS that appears when the blue bios switch light is on. I stupidly started messing wih my BIOS without backing it up, only to realize the version of the BIOS when you push the switch (light off), is actually slightly different and slower (it's p/n 113-3e249000-s48).

Anyway, I don't see this BIOS version in the database to download, but if someone has this card and could upload the BIOS somewhere to me (or contact me for my email address), it would be greatly appreciated.

And before someone suggests it, I've tried using some of the other BIOSes in the database with the same version number but different p/n, and they cause various problems such as windows booting to a black screen or my core and memory clocks being permanently stuck at 0mhz.

luvmusl, May 23, 2019
Thema:

How to avoid having to log in with passord or p.i.n. ?

1. How to avoid having to log in with passord or p.i.n. ? - Similar Threads - avoid having log

2. How to avoid having to log in with passord or p.i.n. ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to avoid having to log in with passord or p.i.n. ?: When I switch on my computer I want it to take me to the desktop. I don't want to jump through the identification hoop - no Lock screen or any other encumbrance. I'm sure I could do it on my previous computer but the how-to has evaporated from my head. What's the...
  3. How do I enter my i p address since i have been told that ne i have had is invalid, i have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I enter my i p address since i have been told that ne i have had is invalid, i have...: How do I enter my ip address since I have been told it is invalid...it worked well until now...I have looked up the number. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enter-my-i-p-address-since-i-have-been/e07f3c85-50b4-40ff-9ae9-a9b59048b887
  4. can i avoid to have always MusNotifyIcon on my system tray?

in Windows 10 Support
    can i avoid to have always MusNotifyIcon on my system tray?: Hi today i pop up MusNotifyIcon on my system tray , seeing the may update are ready i tried with autoruns as administrator is there a way to disable it? thanks [ATTACH] [ATTACH] 132615
  5. how do I avoid two-step validation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I avoid two-step validation: I find Microsoft accounts a messy event. Everytime I try to login I have to go through two-step validation which never works correctly. Is there a way to prevent two-step validation. According to Microsoft, two-step validation is necessary for security. I have never had a...
  6. How can I avoid loading the OEM logo?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I avoid loading the OEM logo?: I use Dell Inspiron 3670, Windows Home 10, 1803 and my old computer takes about 4 minutes for booting. At first it loads the Dell logo screen, then logs in the screen. Can I avoid in some way loading the Dell logo? It will save me a lot of time...
  7. how can I avoid windows updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can I avoid windows updates: Greetings I rolled back to 1803 and received 2 updates causing a demand for activation that failed. update to 1809 solves this problem but damages my HP printer and nothing I did helped besides returning to 1803. I turned off everything I could in Settings --> update &...
  8. how can I avoid signing in each time

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I avoid signing in each time: how can I avoid signing in each time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-can-i-avoid-signing-in-each-time/0f124467-cb76-4e5a-9d1e-836146a8759b
  9. V P N Programmes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    V P N Programmes: Can anyone recommend a suitable V P N programme for win 7 that is Free or low cost for a fixed income superannuant that is available to a N Z resident. Thank you for your response George...
  10. I don't want to have to log in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I don't want to have to log in.: I am new to Win 10, I am the only person who uses my computer and I don't want to have to sign in. I recently registered for a Microsoft Account and found that I then had to log in. To make things easier I changed this to a Local Account log in but I don't really want to sign...