Windows 10: How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts

Discus and support How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can you tell me how to change settings so that I don't have to sign in every time Win 10 starts or wakes up from sleep mode? much appreciated 137265 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nithig, Jul 25, 2019.

1. nithig Win User

How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts

Can you tell me how to change settings so that I don't have to sign in every time Win 10 starts or wakes up from sleep mode?

much appreciated

:)

nithig, Jul 25, 2019

2. Avoiding Sign-In in Windows 10

Q: Avoiding Sign-In in Windows 10 You are subscribed to this thread

Every time I boot or reboot I get the following message: ""the username or password is incorrect try again." So I enter the correct username and password and complete the boot.

How can I avoid having to do that?

Replies (1)

Andre Da Costa

Andre Da Costa replied on

MVP Community Moderator |

Article Author

Press Windows key + R

Type: control userpasswords2

Hit Enter

Uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer'

Click Apply then OK.

Doesn't work: When I do as you indicate the response is that the file userpasswords2 can't be found.

Press Windows key + R to open Run.

Type netplwiz into the Run bar and hit Enter.

Select the User account you are using under the User tab.

Check by clicking "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checkbox and click on Apply.

Sign-out and sign-in again to check if issue persist.

When the user account screen comes up the checkbox is NOT checked. Am I to check it, reboot, then uncheck it and reboot again?

also

Open Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign in options

Click in the Require sign in list box

Choose Never

"Never" is where it already is.

Also - Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Lock screen

Scroll down, click Screen saver settings

Uncheck - on resume, display log on screen

Already unchecked.

Also, see ways to avoid password sign in errors:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Artur Püdel, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Rose W Win User
    Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Jul 25, 2019
  4. How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts

How to avoid granting admin permission every time a standard user sign-in

Hello,

We have a Windows 10 Pro machine and wonder why a standard user always need permissions from an administrator in order to sign-in? How can we avoid this annoying step? We want a standard user to sign-in without any authorization.

Thanks!

Per Schunnesson, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts

1. How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts - Similar Threads - avoid having sign

2. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign in every time: Why does my laptop not make me sign in every time? When I open my laptop, I'm not asked to sign in. How do I make it so that I am forced to sign in every single time? Because of security I want to change this....
  3. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sign in every time: Why does my laptop not make me sign in every time? When I open my laptop, I'm not asked to sign in. How do I make it so that I am forced to sign in every single time? Because of security I want to change this....
  4. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I avoid having to sign into windows 11 each time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I avoid having to sign into windows 11 each time?: Every time I use my Laptop I am asked to sign in. How can I avoid doing this in Windows 11. I am the only user of my Laptop and it is always at home. Thanks in advance for any suggestions....
  6. How can I avoid having to sign into windows 11 each time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I avoid having to sign into windows 11 each time?: Every time I use my Laptop I am asked to sign in. How can I avoid doing this in Windows 11. I am the only user of my Laptop and it is always at home. Thanks in advance for any suggestions....
  7. How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts: Can you tell me how to change settings so that I don't have to sign in every time Win 10 starts or wakes up from sleep mode? much appreciated 137265
  8. how can I avoid signing in each time

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I avoid signing in each time: how can I avoid signing in each time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-can-i-avoid-signing-in-each-time/0f124467-cb76-4e5a-9d1e-836146a8759b
  9. How to avoid granting admin permission every time a standard user sign-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to avoid granting admin permission every time a standard user sign-in: Hello, We have a Windows 10 Pro machine and wonder why a standard user always need permissions from an administrator in order to sign-in? How can we avoid this annoying step? We want a standard user to sign-in without any authorization. Thanks!...
  10. Suddenly have to Sign In Every Time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Suddenly have to Sign In Every Time: When I switched from 8.0/8.1, one of the things that thrilled me the about 10 was that I didn't have to sign back in every time the computer sent to sleep! Now, after the last update, I have to do this again. What a major PITA! Is there any way to disable this? I have...