Windows 10: how to avoid reloading of an app brought back to foreground

Discus and support how to avoid reloading of an app brought back to foreground in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Essentially, I switch back and forth between a news reader and a browser, and every time I bring the reader back on foreground, it reloads its start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by riccardo.l, Jan 11, 2019.

1. how to avoid reloading of an app brought back to foreground

Essentially, I switch back and forth between a news reader and a browser, and every time I bring the reader back on foreground, it reloads its start page on resuming, rather than keeping the article it was left on.

All synch options for the reader are off, and this is happening on my laptop, but not on other machines with same build.

Not sure what is wrong with it..I want

:)

riccardo.l, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Lars Gard Win User

An app is suddenly running in background instead of foreground as it should

I run Windows 10.

When I tried to start an app it suddenly started to run in the background instead of foreground as it should, as seen in the Taskmanager.

It is an "external" app and is thus not listed in the Settings-privacy- background apps list

I want to force it back to run as foreground app again.

Is it possible?

Lars Gard, Jan 11, 2019
  3. KB4025342, window with focus not in foreground

This occurred with the March 2017 WU, & now again with KB4025342.

This ONLY occurs after these WUs were installed & laptop rebooted.

It worked fine before the WUs.

This laptop is less than 1 year old.

THE ISSUE:

Roughly around an hour of the computer being on, toggling between open windows will fail to bring the window with the focus to the foreground.

For example:

If another window currently has the focus (Excel 2016, Word 2016, Google Chrome, etc.) & you try to toggle to another open window, like Notepad, Notepad will not be brought to the foreground, but it still has the focus.

You can type in some text, minimize the window that had the focus before clicking on an open Notepad doc from the Taskbar, and you will see the text was entered in that Notepad doc, even though it was not in the foreground.

The issue is that the open app the user clicks on is not brought to the foreground and/or the window that is in the foreground is not giving up the foreground to the app the user clicks on to bring it to the foreground.

This happens only after the March 2017 & the July 2017 WU were automatically installed by Windows Update.

What changes in these WUs are corrupting this toggling between open windows?

This has never happened before with any other Windows OS, only Windows 10.

JeffSchafer, Jan 11, 2019
  4. how to avoid reloading of an app brought back to foreground

RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

how to avoid reloading of an app brought back to foreground

1. how to avoid reloading of an app brought back to foreground - Similar Threads - avoid reloading app

2. Windows not brought to foreground

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not brought to foreground: I have a issue that I have not been able to fix. My Phone Link window is not being brought to the foreground if it is already open. Steps to reproduce: 1. Open Phone Link 2. Open another window of some sort e.g. Notepad and place it on top of the Phone Link window so it...
  3. Windows not brought to foreground

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not brought to foreground: I have a issue that I have not been able to fix. My Phone Link window is not being brought to the foreground if it is already open. Steps to reproduce: 1. Open Phone Link 2. Open another window of some sort e.g. Notepad and place it on top of the Phone Link window so it...
  4. App with open window cannot be brought to foreground

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App with open window cannot be brought to foreground: In my text processor Notepad++ I regularly do all kinds of text searches. Often I leave the search window open when I switch to another application such as my browser. Unfortunately this doesn't work anymore since the latest Windows update. I can switch away from Notepad++...
  5. App with open window cannot be brought to foreground

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App with open window cannot be brought to foreground: In my text processor Notepad++ I regularly do all kinds of text searches. Often I leave the search window open when I switch to another application such as my browser. Unfortunately this doesn't work anymore since the latest Windows update. I can switch away from Notepad++...
  6. Windows Aero Needs to be Brought Back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Aero Needs to be Brought Back: Hello. Even though it is indeed 2021 and barely anybody is talking about this anymore, I still want it back, Windows Aero was probably one of the reasons that made Windows 7 such a loved operating system. In my opinion, the Windows 10 UI is very bland, solid, and just...
  7. How to avoid this ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to avoid this ?: I feel a need to reset my windows but don't want to loose my APPS and who knows what else: [img] 172130
  8. reload apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reload apps: I am seeking help to reload apps after a new win 10 install. I have 12 apps, does each one need to be loaded individually? I have an image backup, Can I use it to restore my programs. It's going to be very time consuming to load individually. Please help....
  9. closes the back side app when pressing the cross button on foreground app

in Windows 10 Customization
    closes the back side app when pressing the cross button on foreground app: The detail of the issue is that suppose I open two apps which are chrome and MS excel, where the excel is on the front and chrome is on the backside ie. opened together. But frequently what happens is that when I press the cross button to close the excel, it closes the chrome...
  10. How to set the CPU priority to prefer foreground apps

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to set the CPU priority to prefer foreground apps: When using Windows, chances are you’ll want the CPU to prioritize apps that are running in the foreground. This is because apps or programs in the foreground are the ones you are currently using, so setting Windows to prioritize them will help them run better and faster....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps running only in background instead of foreground