Windows 10: How To Avoid SysWOW64 and Virtual Store?

Discus and support How To Avoid SysWOW64 and Virtual Store? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have win10 64 bit. I want to run a dos type batch file that will run an exe file that will download file When I do it the downloads get put in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jan 11, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Avoid SysWOW64 and Virtual Store?

I have win10 64 bit.

I want to run a dos type batch file that will run an exe file that will download file

When I do it the downloads get put in syswow64 though by rights they should go into the folder that the .exe was run from.

Following some googled advice I moved the batch file to c:\windows\system and ran it from there.

now it deposits the files in appdata\local\virtual store

Just one time it put the files in the right place. a test run of three files. I then went and edited the batch file to run a complete download of 26 files and it started putting them in virtual store.

i don't know what I did wrong. I can't get it back to performing properly.

Any help on how it should be straightforwardly done?

:)

abrogard, Jan 11, 2019

2. SysWOW64

The name is ashampoo Anti-virus and i actually got 4 virusses from SysWOW64 : C:\windows\SysWOW64\proquota.exe

C:\windows\SysWOW64\iexpress.exe

C:\windows\SysWOW64\cttune.exe

C:\windows\SysWOW64\bthuftask.exe

and there is sime other thing maybe related to syswow : C:\windows\softwareDistribution\download\06b35beae3bef6f889c9859c80e and i couldnt read it any further but in the name it sais gen.trojan.heur

AlexVan den Broek, Jan 11, 2019
  3. store

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community!

I would suggest you to clear the cache memory of the Windows Store app.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window

• Type wsreset.exe and hit enter.

Now try to open Windows store and see if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Jan 11, 2019
  4. How To Avoid SysWOW64 and Virtual Store?

windows store

Hi Botlhe,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you run the Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

If the issue persist, I suggest you to reset Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ R.
    • Type wsreset.exe and hit
      Enter

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

How To Avoid SysWOW64 and Virtual Store?

1. How To Avoid SysWOW64 and Virtual Store? - Similar Threads - Avoid SysWOW64 Virtual

2. SysWow64 registry file deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    SysWow64 registry file deleted: Hello, so when i was deleting some virus regitry file i accidently deleted the SysWow64 files and everything get down, when i rebooted my pc, it crashed and return the 0×00000f error, but i have some access to my files using a bootalbe windows cd, i need a way to restore the...
  3. how can I avoid windows updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can I avoid windows updates: Greetings I rolled back to 1803 and received 2 updates causing a demand for activation that failed. update to 1809 solves this problem but damages my HP printer and nothing I did helped besides returning to 1803. I turned off everything I could in Settings --> update &...
  4. how can I avoid signing in each time

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I avoid signing in each time: how can I avoid signing in each time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-can-i-avoid-signing-in-each-time/0f124467-cb76-4e5a-9d1e-836146a8759b
  5. Svchost in syswow64, windows 32

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Svchost in syswow64, windows 32: I know it is supposed to be in windows 32 but is it suppose to be syswow64? Because I've read that it shouldn't be. So i did a factory reset and it is still there scand with bitdefender and Malwarebytes no virus found. Any information will be helpful. And why won't Microsoft...
  6. C:\Windows\SysWOW64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64: this application C:\Windows\SysWOW64 uses my cpu upto 80% especially when I game is it legit wtf is this my using my cpu upto 80% when it runs I cant even get 20fps in game and this programme can be closed using taskmanager still pops again when gaming and makes my laptop...
  7. Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 hogging CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 hogging CPU: I have a windows 10 PC(64-bit). Since the last few days i'm noticing that my PC is running slowly than it should. On opening the task manager i saw that there is an unnamed background process which is utilizing the CPU even when i'm not running any program. I opened up the...
  8. Windows10 keeps trying to update - how to avoid

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 keeps trying to update - how to avoid: Hi, I had reserved my copy of Win10, but then revoked the reservation as I want to control the download and installation my self. But even after I revoked the reservation, well before Win10 was release, my laptop still seems to have downloaded the Win10 install files....
  9. Umonit64.exe in my SysWOW64?

in Windows 10 Support
    Umonit64.exe in my SysWOW64?: Suddenly it was there, sitting in my startup, Umonit64.exe. already shutter down and hidden because you never know... So what the heck is it, after checking it appeared as a USB driver. I recently updated my driver stuff with an updater on the 8th of Nov. And the file was...
  10. syswow64 folder

in Windows 10 Support
    syswow64 folder: Hi , My syswow64 folder keeps opening on its own can any one please help. Windows 10 64bit 25813