Windows 10: How to back up and restore Folder View settings in Windows 10

Discus and support How to back up and restore Folder View settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]The Windows File Explorer is easy to navigate and comes with so many interesting […] This article How to back up and restore Folder View... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 2, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to back up and restore Folder View settings in Windows 10

WinClub, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Dec 2, 2020
  4. How to back up and restore Folder View settings in Windows 10

Setting folder view

Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons.

Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903)

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've solved it. Set top-level folder to Large Icons then go to View/Options/Change... and click Apply to Folders. Then just change the top-level folder back to Details by right-clicking an empty space.

Taking this a step further, is it possible to have different file views in different folders i.e. all the files in Folder A are shown one way while the files in Folder B are shown another?

- - - Updated - -

dortmunder, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

How to back up and restore Folder View settings in Windows 10

1. How to back up and restore Folder View settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - restore Folder View

2. How do I view backed up folders/files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I view backed up folders/files?: I'm struggling to prepare my desktop PC for an extensive overhaul. Having put this excercise off for a year, I'm finally taking the plunge and yesterday, I backed up my Windows 10 Pro 32-bit machine (version 1909) to NAS in preparation. The backups: First, I carried out an...
  3. Windows 10 Back up and Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Back up and Restore: Hi all, I have added a new SSD to my computer and would like to run Windows off of it. I have made a back up image to another drive different than the current OS. Is there a way to use this back up to restore Windows on the new SSD and have a dual boot solution while I...
  4. How to Backup and restore Default folder views

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Backup and restore Default folder views: This has been copied from a 2017 article I wrote on another forum. I'll review this thread, including any suggestions for improvement, when I get/make the time and I will probably then suggest it as a TenForumsTutorial. Introduction Once you have set up the default folder...
  5. Setting folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder view: Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons. Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903) 159581
  6. Back up and restore Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up and restore Windows 10: Hello there, I thought it would be best to back up my Windows 10 files on a memory stick. Periodically, I keep getting a pop up message that says install a device larger than 1 GB. The stick I have has 32GB; which is new. And then I'm noticing that the files saving are...
  7. How to set custom folder view for 1 folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set custom folder view for 1 folder: Okay so here's a stupid problem to have. I'm on Windows 10 Pro. I have the folder view for all my folders to be "Large icons." But I have one folder where I want "Medium icons" view. And I set it on Medium view, but then every few hours or days it goes back to Large icons....
  8. How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder: How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder, so that it always opens in your preferred view, even if it is different from the system-wide default? 99731
  9. Reset folder view settings in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reset folder view settings in Windows 10?: To put it directly, I'm looking for the Windows 10 equivalent of this: Folder View Settings - Reset to Default in Windows 8 16713
  10. Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can change the layout view of the content of your folders to how you like. This tutorial will show you how...