Windows 10: How to back up Printer drivers and queues on Windows

Discus and support How to back up Printer drivers and queues on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Printer migration has been a part of the Windows operating system for a long time. Designed to back up printer drivers, ports and queues to move them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Sep 30, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to back up Printer drivers and queues on Windows

Printer migration has been a part of the Windows operating system for a long time. Designed to back up printer drivers, ports and queues to move them to another device, printer migration is a useful feature especially in corporate environments.

The functionality is powered by the tool PrintBrmUi.exe; up until recently, PrintBrmUi.exe has been included in all versions and editions of Microsoft's Windows operating system. The release of Windows 10 version 2004 changed that as Microsoft removed the program from Windows 10 Home systems.

Tip: you can download the application from third-party sites such as Majorgeeks.

To migrate a printer or create a backup of its drivers, ports, and queues, do the following:

1. Open the Start Menu.
    2. Type PrintBrmUi.exe (should work on all versions and editions, except Windows 10 version 2004 Home or later).
    3. The "Getting started with Printer Migration" window is displayed.

You may use the program to export or import printer queues and drivers. To export the data, select Next on the screen.

How to back up Printer drivers and queues on Windows windows-printer-migration.png

The next screen prompts you to pick a print server, e.g. the local system or a print server on the network the computer is connected to.

How to back up Printer drivers and queues on Windows print-server.png

Printer Migration displays the print queues and the printer drivers that it will back up on the next screen.

How to back up Printer drivers and queues on Windows printer-migration.png

Select next and pick a location that you want the data to be saved to. The application starts to export the data and displays a status screen that informs you about success or failure of the operation. A link to the event viewer is provided to quickly check it for issues.

You can use the same application to import previously backed up printer migration files. While it is designed primarily for moving the data to another device, it may also be useful if the system needs to be re-installed.

Another option that you have is to load printmanagement.msc which lists filters, print servers and deployed printers. Right-click on the print server and select the "import printers from a file" option.

Note that printer exports on 32-bit systems can only be imported to 32-bit systems; it is not possible to import 32-bit printer exports to a 64-bit system.

Now You: do you use a printer?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to back up Printer drivers and queues on Windows appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Sep 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 laptop and envy printer queue

Hi Roger,

There are several ways to remove an item on the printer queue. One way is to
    turn off/on your printer then delete the item on the queue. We suggest that you follow the steps in this

article
    for further assistance. Though the article is for Windows XP,
    the methods listed in that article can be applied in Windows 10.

You can also reach out to your printer manufacturer's customer support for additional assistance regarding this issue.

Should you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Printer queue problem

Hi Richard,

The issue with your printer’s queue could be a result of a conflict between the actions being requested to be performed on the PC and the action being done by the PC. As initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the built-in troubleshooter
    for your printer. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings.
    • Under Settings, choose Update & Security.
    • On the options on the left-hand side of the window, click Troubleshoot.
    • Under Get up and running, select Printer and click Run
      the troubleshooter

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Arthur Rui, Sep 30, 2020
  4. How to back up Printer drivers and queues on Windows

Unable to access Canon PIXMA MG3620 printer with error: "Printer queue is full" on Windows 10

Hi Wesley,

As you are facing issues with accessing the printer after upgrading to Windows 10 with error: Print queue is full, we will help you with this issue. We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps on desktop device and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 3: To Manually Clear and Reset Print Spooler Queue follow:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Stop the service.
    • Close the window.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the printer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

How to back up Printer drivers and queues on Windows

1. How to back up Printer drivers and queues on Windows - Similar Threads - Printer drivers queues

2. How to automatically clear printer queue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to automatically clear printer queue: Good afternoon,I'm having an issue with Windows 10 printer spooler. The printer queue freezes very often and the only way to print again is to clear everytime the queue.I'm aware of the methods to clear the queue, even with a .bat file that stops the spooler, clear the queue...
  3. How to Restore Fax Printer Queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Restore Fax Printer Queue: In the process of installing a new printer I accidentally removed the 'Fax' printer that I didn't mean to. How do I get this printer back? I looked in [Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows Features on or off] and only found that the 'Microsoft...
  4. Printer queue

Printer queue: In bottom right corner I used to have a printer icon. It's not there now. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/12b28b2b-9f70-4e6c-9d27-410c09ae6d22
  5. How to backup Printer Drivers and Queues using Printer Migration Tool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to backup Printer Drivers and Queues using Printer Migration Tool in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When moving to a new computer, setting up a printer can be tedious, especially […] This article How to backup Printer Drivers and Queues using Printer Migration Tool in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Printer queue

Printer queue: Hello, I am having a strange problem with my print queue. Normal printing works fine. But for some reason my print queue apparently does not delete the documents from the queue after they are printed or they are stored somewhere else?. Whenever I restart my computer or...
  7. Printer queue

Printer queue: Printer queue will not cancel print job. I have already shut off and unplugged the printer. What do I need to do know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/0068987e-5a23-4bf8-8228-f823c614f771
  8. Printer queue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer queue: I have had a text file being deleted for two days. This is despite cold reboots. Every time I go to print anything, this same doc shows it is still deleting. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/5a35f085-db4e-48bc-abf4-c0f35f6451a8
  9. Printer Queue

Printer Queue: Why doesn't my printer queue clear after printing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/19e18439-4811-49de-9992-4c4ef9ff9d26
  10. "The printer queue is full" but there are no items in the queue

"The printer queue is full" but there are no items in the queue: Hi guys, I've been having trouble getting my computer to print to any printer at all. I am running Windows 10 Home 64 bit on an HP Pavilion p6 series computer. I have removed and reinstalled drivers, bought and tried new printers, restarted the computer, deleted the...