Windows 10: How To Back Up & Restore The Entire 3rd Parties Programs In A Clean Install Environment

Discus and support How To Back Up & Restore The Entire 3rd Parties Programs In A Clean Install Environment in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi please give me some true statements on the subject above for Windows. I've just come to know that Windows Back Up & Restore is limited to some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ramuettan, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Ramuettan Win User

How To Back Up & Restore The Entire 3rd Parties Programs In A Clean Install Environment

Hi please give me some true statements on the subject above for Windows. I've just come to know that Windows Back Up & Restore is limited to some files etc. and not helpful to get rid of the trouble of re-installing all the 3rd party programs for example, any Internet Security, AV Media programs etc. If this is entirely true, please confirm. Thanks.

:)

Ramuettan, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Le Boule Win User

3rd party AV program

The message you are describing may be observed if another antivirus program is still installed or there are remnants of a third party antivirus program still installed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in Windows Defender

You may want to try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running SFC, scanning for malware with Malwarebytes and running the software removal tools for any security software (Avast,
    AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows
    8, 8.1 and 10

If you can't resolve this issue suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Feb 9, 2019
  3. mic1217 Win User
    3rd party AV program

I'm trying to turn-on Windows Defender and I receive a message to uninstall 3rd party AV program. How do I identify the 3rd party AV program
    installed?

mic1217, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Shmu26 Win User

How To Back Up & Restore The Entire 3rd Parties Programs In A Clean Install Environment

does system restore change the settings in 3rd party programs?

If I tweaked the settings in my AV program, or in another 3rd party program, does system restore affect those settings?

Shmu26, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How To Back Up & Restore The Entire 3rd Parties Programs In A Clean Install Environment - Similar Threads - Restore Entire 3rd

2. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  3. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  4. Back up Entire Disk and Restore - Recommendations

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up Entire Disk and Restore - Recommendations: Hello Forum, I've got to send in my new HP Spectre notebook for HP warranty repair due to a faulty keyboard. I intend to image the disk to a portable external drive, and then reset the computer to as new condition before I ship. The notebook disk size if 500GB. First,...
  5. How to change Firefox audio output without 3rd party programs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change Firefox audio output without 3rd party programs?: Haven't found a solution to this anywhere. Idea is to set all sounds to one place, say to sound card (Realtek motherboard integrated) but tell Firefox to go to Logitech G935 headset instead. Chrome did have some solution (for other reasons Chrome won't do) but I'm out of...
  6. Install 3rd Party Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 3rd Party Software: I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  7. 3rd party program install setup issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3rd party program install setup issues: Hello. I have been trying to install an update for a program I use on Windows 10. It's a mod organizer for a game, if that matter, but I don't think it does. For the previous two versions of the program, the update has not been an issue, but the current version does not...
  8. Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?: Since Windows Defender is dominating the AV world, now why do most enterprises are still sticking with 3rd party AV programs like McAfee or Symantec? Are these two still better than running Defender? I believe Defender even has its own central management solution for...
  9. How To Open Last Window/Program (Maybe 3rd Party Program?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Open Last Window/Program (Maybe 3rd Party Program?): Hi, so sometimes I have Notepad open and I close off the folder where that text file I opened it from. But then I accidentally close off Notepad, then a second later, I noticed that I needed that Notepad file open again. Is there any other method of Searching/Going back to...
  10. 3rd Party Software - Self Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd Party Software - Self Installation: Hi, yesterday the 8th I noticed a very peculiar issue that has only just started. It seems that at startup Windows is reinstalling 3rd party software that is already currently installed and has been for some time. I only noticed this because for some reason while...