Windows 10: How to back up your Windows 10 computer

Discus and support How to back up your Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; As we all work away on our PC’s, without a care in the world, the unfortunate truth is that quite a number of things could go horribly wrong at any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

How to back up your Windows 10 computer

As we all work away on our PC’s, without a care in the world, the unfortunate truth is that quite a number of things could go horribly wrong at any minute! Our systems are at a low, but nonetheless constant, risk of suffering a catastrophic malware attack, disk failure or corruption of files & programs. [...]

The post How to back up your Windows 10 computer appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. How to back up your Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - computer

2. Why does Windows "Photo service" run when I'm away from my computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Windows "Photo service" run when I'm away from my computer?: If I leave my computer for 10 minutes, the "photos service" starts running. It will use about 50% of the cpu. When I move the mouse it will stop and free up the cpu. What is this service doing that it needs to run so much? Note: this happens on all editions of Windows 10...
  3. operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. contact your system...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. contact your system...: This is what I get when I try and access a link within an email or invite including work invites to join webinars. This has only started last few days....
  4. Why is my computer so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my computer so slow?: My computer has a fast startup, but once I sign in, I can't for the life of me use anything for a solid couple of minutes. I click to open chrome, it opens 30 seconds later and freezes for another 30 seconds when I type something. Basically, any app I open after startup takes...
  5. Insider on a spare computer

in Windows 10 News
    Insider on a spare computer: I read most of the stuff posted here on News as I'm interested in what's going on Win 10 wise. However I have to be able to rely on both my laptop and 'main' PC and can't afford for either to be disrupted either by Insider builds or by possibly problematic feature updates...
  6. my computer is not visible on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my computer is not visible on network: Hello I have problem with my computer. I can see other computers on "Network", but others can't see me. If I try to connect to other computer i got this error Error code 0x80070035...
  7. locked out of brand new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    locked out of brand new computer: just got a new lenovo , during set up I put in a four digit pin then i changed the display language, did a restart and the startup screen now tells me it wants my password, not a the pin because it is no longer available due to a security reason so I try to sign using my...
  8. Your computer is at risk-updating now...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your computer is at risk-updating now...: How do I stop this permanently? Take note Microsoft that your forced updates are a load of crap, and some of us know this. Do not come back with security updates either, because what sort of security update takes over an hour, and eats up all my data? Not only that, but on a...
  9. Cannot connect toother computers on network windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect toother computers on network windows10: Cannot connect to other computers on network windows 10 professional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-toother-computers-on-network/f26eef1d-f0c4-4511-9f31-1cd641ccf3ae
  10. Computer freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes: At haphazard intervals over the past week small flashes of light have appeared on my Dell laptop screen and then the computer freezes up. Pressing the power button off-pause-on restores everything as it was, but sometimes the problem soon recurs. Does anyone have an idea of...