Windows 10: How to back up your Windows 10 computer

Discus and support How to back up your Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; As we all work away on our PC’s, without a care in the world, the unfortunate truth is that quite a number of things could go horribly wrong at any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

How to back up your Windows 10 computer

As we all work away on our PC’s, without a care in the world, the unfortunate truth is that quite a number of things could go horribly wrong at any minute! Our systems are at a low, but nonetheless constant, risk of suffering a catastrophic malware attack, disk failure or corruption of files & programs. [...]

The post How to back up your Windows 10 computer appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. How to back up your Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - computer

2. barf + computer = ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    barf + computer = ???: My friend threw up because of stress. His name is Luke (this is "the friend" i have been talking about), and he got too stressed during testing on the Georgia milestones. He threw up on the keyboard, and I am worried about that one HP laptop. Does vomit do the same thing as...
  3. Computer won't wake from hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from hibernation mode: I have a HP spectre computer, and it doesn't wake up from hibernation. I have tried ti use the windows button + x, but nothing happens! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-wake-from-hibernation-mode/407dbe9f-b137-493f-80f7-7808dad92efd
  4. The most infected computer ever

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The most infected computer ever: I think that that i have some really difficult stuff here. hasn't worked well since last November, and I have to -reinstall windows several types a day. If there is ANYONE out there that thinks they might clean this thing out, I beg for your help. I'll run whatever apps and...
  5. Windows 10 Computer hanging up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Computer hanging up: Every now and then, seems like at odd times but my computer hangs up for a solid 30 seconds or so. It's gotten to the point where I really want to get this figured out. I've come across this event during Heroes of the Storm game, Photoshop, Fusion360 and Adobe illustrator....
  6. how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders: Hi, I want 2 computers to share their OneDrive folders. One computer is running Windows 7, the other is running Windows 10. As a test, on each computer, I copied a file to their OneDrive folder. The two files have different names. Neither computer's OneDrive folder has the...
  7. MS detected malware on computer-threatening to close down MSO

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS detected malware on computer-threatening to close down MSO: Hi. Checking to see if the phone calls and pop up window notice warning me that my computer is infected with malware and if I don't call a number or click on the link in the pop up window that MS will be forced to delete my MS account. Is this real? I treat all this stuff as...
  8. software made my computer run hotter need help to fix.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    software made my computer run hotter need help to fix.: hi. I used this software called "video card stability test" and it made my computer run hotter. it increase my cpu and gpu idle temps from 30c to 45c . here is a link to the software http://www.freestone-group.com/ . how to fix?...
  9. Not able to see/browse networked computers/servers in Windows 10 Pro on my home network?

Not able to see/browse networked computers/servers in Windows 10 Pro on my home network?: Hello, First time posting. Everything I found via search was from 2017 and no longer seemed relevant. My networking expertise extends to being able to google search whenever something doesn't work. I've just installed Windows 10 for the first time on my own computer....
  10. My computer does not display as a device on my home network. Win. 10

My computer does not display as a device on my home network. Win. 10: Windows 10. My computer PAUL-DELL does not display as a device on my home network. When running troubleshooter for connections, consistently fixes my Dell wireless adapter. Adapter is current with latest version. Is my computer not discoverable? Tried adding device, does not...