Windows 10: How to backup a single file on windows 10?

Discus and support How to backup a single file on windows 10? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello I would like to know how to backup a single file, its a game save file, it does autosave every 10 min, but sometimes save file get corrupted, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by miguel1118, May 31, 2020.

1. How to backup a single file on windows 10?

Hello I would like to know how to backup a single file, its a game save file, it does autosave every 10 min, but sometimes save file get corrupted, so i want to backup that save file as much as possible (every time it update or every few minutes, or at least every hour)

So I would like my backup folder look like:

savegame-31-05-2020-11:10:00
    savegame-31-05-2020-11:20:00
    savegame-31-05-2020-11:30:00
    savegame-31-05-2020-11:40:00

Not just a single updated file, I want to have a file for every backup done

Is there any free app to do this on Windows 10?

:)

miguel1118, May 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 31, 2020
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, May 31, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

How to backup a single file on windows 10?

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, May 31, 2020
Thema:

How to backup a single file on windows 10?

1. How to backup a single file on windows 10? - Similar Threads - backup single file

2. How to backup files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup files.: Hello!My laptop won’t function after I login to it. I’ve been in contact with a Dell representative, who may be able to help me resolve the issue, but they said I may lose all of the files. There is a way to backup files onto an external drive through SupportAssist OS...
  3. How to backup files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup files.: Hello!My laptop won’t function after I login to it. I’ve been in contact with a Dell representative, who may be able to help me resolve the issue, but they said I may lose all of the files. There is a way to backup files onto an external drive through SupportAssist OS...
  4. How to backup files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Backup Software solutions to frequently backup a single folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Software solutions to frequently backup a single folder: I have a remote weather station and a Windows 11 machine which runs the Weather station software and nothing else.I need a backup solution which will only backup the weather station data folder, and which will do it every 30 minutes in an incremental backup manner. If the...
  6. How to backup Windows 10 settings NOT files?

How to backup Windows 10 settings NOT files?: Hi there, I'd like to know how Windows 10 settings can be backed up for later restoration. I already do that for files, but settings aren't yet backed up. For work efficiency purposes, I first install all my common applications and settings, and would like to know how I...
  7. File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on....

File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on....: File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on. Screen[ATTACH]Shot of Error Log Enclosed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-fails-to-backup-files-not-a-single/df51b595-feab-46ec-9440-c50d0d1fee2f
  8. Windows 10 SINGLE Backup file size?!?

Windows 10 SINGLE Backup file size?!?: Hi, I have been using Windows backup for years....but..this past year (Windows 10), I have noticed, when I go to Manage Windows Backup disk space Backup or restore your files / Manage space / View backups.../ Select a backup period to delete....there is always now only a...
  9. how to backup files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to backup files in Windows 10: How to backup files in Windows 10 and then view it in thumb drive to confirm it happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-backup-files-in-windows-10/9b9276d2-dd5f-41c9-ac3d-a7e92b050dfa"
  10. Backup single file in folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup single file in folder: Hi Is there any simple way, not involving 3rd party software to get File History to backup a single file in a folder? I'm trying to backup the Google Chrome bookmarks file, the file itself is about 1k but it's in a folder with 1Gb of files and I don't need to backup any...