Windows 10: how to backup an Hyper-v VM with Win 11?

Discus and support how to backup an Hyper-v VM with Win 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Hyper-V installed on Win 11 and I'd like to schedule a full backup that could be restored!.I could export VM, but it's manual, not automatic!I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pascal', Dec 11, 2022.

1. pascal' Win User

how to backup an Hyper-v VM with Win 11?

I have Hyper-V installed on Win 11 and I'd like to schedule a full backup that could be restored!.I could export VM, but it's manual, not automatic!I'd read about Windows Server Backup, but I'm not sure I could get it on Win 11 ; I didn't succeeded to install it :-As my VM is Linux, I could make a system backup, that gives a .img, but after, I don' know what to do with it in Hyper-V

:)

pascal', Dec 11, 2022
  2. TFMorgan Win User

Hyper-V start error with Win 8.1 VM?

I have Hyper-V added to my Win 10 PRO ( version 1909 build 18363.476, Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, RAM 64.0 GB ) and had installed Win 8.1 as a VM. All was working well until this happened:

how to backup an Hyper-v VM with Win 11? e1d30fd1-22a1-4a9b-a152-492961ce1d76?upload=true.png

There were some unused vhdx drives which I deleted. I did delete the VMs through the Hyper-V console before removing the .vhdx files. Is that what cause the "mismatch"? Is this something that should NOT be done in Hyper-V?

Is there a way to repair this? Or, do I have to reinstall the Win 8.0 and all the upgrades to Win 8.1?

Thanks

TFMorgan, Dec 11, 2022
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Unassign Hyper V VM with deleted User account

Hyper V is not assigned based on user accounts.

Hyper V is a server feature that allows you to create VMs but they are not assigned to users.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to?

And then share on a cloud drive and post link here for me to look at?

Also what are the steps you are doing to "assign" the VM to another User?

SarahKong, Dec 11, 2022
  4. how to backup an Hyper-v VM with Win 11?

Move Hyper-V VM Without Reactivating?

According to this (How do I avoid needing to activate Windows when I move a VM? [Hyper-V]) link it is possible to move a Hyper V VM to a new host without having to reactivate the guest OS by exporting
    it and importing it. Are there any additional steps I should know about or is it as simple as find the export and then import (on the new host) options/buttons?

EvenNotOdd, Dec 11, 2022
Thema:

how to backup an Hyper-v VM with Win 11?

1. how to backup an Hyper-v VM with Win 11? - Similar Threads - backup Hyper

2. How to backup and restore win Server 2012 using Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup and restore win Server 2012 using Hyper-V?: I would like to know on what approach to backup and restore window server 2012 using Hyper-V, furthermore, if I work on Hyper-V, I manage user account and server under Hyper-V, is there any guideline about Hyper-V?Managing Server 2012 on computer A, If I want to create a...
  3. How to backup and restore win Server 2012 using Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup and restore win Server 2012 using Hyper-V?: I would like to know on what approach to backup and restore window server 2012 using Hyper-V, furthermore, if I work on Hyper-V, I manage user account and server under Hyper-V, is there any guideline about Hyper-V?Managing Server 2012 on computer A, If I want to create a...
  4. Hyper-V backup completes with error: "VSS error 0x800423f4: The writer experienced a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V backup completes with error: "VSS error 0x800423f4: The writer experienced a...: I have a problem when using Window backup, if the virtual machine is off the backup progress is fine but when I turned the virtual machine on and started to backup then the problem occurred: Detailed Error : 800423F4 Detailed Error Message : The writer experienced a...
  5. Hyper-V backup completes with error: "VSS error 0x800423f4: The writer experienced a...

Hyper-V backup completes with error: "VSS error 0x800423f4: The writer experienced a...: I have a problem when using Window backup, if the virtual machine is off the backup progress is fine but when I turned the virtual machine on and started to backup then the problem occurred: Detailed Error : 800423F4 Detailed Error Message : The writer experienced a...
  6. how to backup an Hyper-v VM with Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to backup an Hyper-v VM with Win 11?: I have Hyper-V installed on Win 11 and I'd like to schedule a full backup that could be restored!.I could export VM, but it's manual, not automatic!I'd read about Windows Server Backup, but I'm not sure I could get it on Win 11 ; I didn't succeeded to install it :-As my VM is...
  7. My backup provider says we need to delete the registry key for Hyper-V IC Software Shadow...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My backup provider says we need to delete the registry key for Hyper-V IC Software Shadow...: We have been having failed backups due to a VSS error on our VMs Hyper-V. Our backup provider - BackupAssist - determined that their software uses a specific backup provider, and that the Hyper-V IC Software Shadow Copy Provider is interfering with our backup. Their solution...
  8. My backup provider says we need to delete the registry key for Hyper-V IC Software Shadow...

My backup provider says we need to delete the registry key for Hyper-V IC Software Shadow...: We have been having failed backups due to a VSS error on our VMs Hyper-V. Our backup provider - BackupAssist - determined that their software uses a specific backup provider, and that the Hyper-V IC Software Shadow Copy Provider is interfering with our backup. Their solution...
  9. My backup provider says we need to delete the registry key for Hyper-V IC Software Shadow...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Microsot Azure Backup server on Server 2019 can't protect Hyper-V VMs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsot Azure Backup server on Server 2019 can't protect Hyper-V VMs: ew installation of MABS v3 13.0.415.0. Azure Backup Agent version 2.0.9173.0 and shows registered in management tab.Windows Server 2016 is completely up to date according to Windows update 14393.5066.When I'm creating the protection group, select a Hyper-V VM and I get error...