Windows 10: How to Backup and Import Device Drivers in Windows 10 Using PowerShell

Discus and support How to Backup and Import Device Drivers in Windows 10 Using PowerShell in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; How to Backup and Import Device Drivers in Windows 10 Using PowerShell Device drivers are very much essential to ensure a smooth functioning of any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by FreeBooter, Sep 28, 2019.

1. How to Backup and Import Device Drivers in Windows 10 Using PowerShell

How to Backup and Import Device Drivers in Windows 10 Using PowerShell

Device drivers are very much essential to ensure a smooth functioning of any OS. To backup these installed drivers on the machine you need to run a specific command into the Powershell.

First, you'll need to open PowerShell as an Administrator. To open an elevated PowerShell prompt, in the taskbar search bar, type powershell. Now see the result Windows PowerShell which appears on the top. Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.

We will be using the Export-WindowsDriver cmdlet to back up your drivers. The Export-WindowsDriver cmdlet exports all third-party drivers from a Windows image to a destination folder.

In the PowerShell window, type the following command and hit Enter:

Code:
    How to Backup and Import Device Drivers in Windows 10 Using PowerShell LNpslmZ.png

Here C:\DriverBackup is the destination folder, where the device drivers will be exported and saved to.

You can also export drivers from an offline image. This command exports third-party drivers from an offline image mounted at C:\Windows is:

Code:
    After you have backup device drivers you will be able to use this backup to install drivers for all your devices.

Restoring the Drivers from Backup

After clean installing Windows, to install the drivers for a device manually (or if Windows prompts you), try this:

1. Open Device Manager, by pressing Windows + R keys and type Devmgmt.msc into opened Run box, press Enter key.

2. Right-click on a hardware and click Update Driver Software.

How to Backup and Import Device Drivers in Windows 10 Using PowerShell 0R10cJH.png

3. Select the second option, Browse my computer for driver software.

How to Backup and Import Device Drivers in Windows 10 Using PowerShell ERDEQfO.png

4. Input or browse to the drivers backup folder path.

How to Backup and Import Device Drivers in Windows 10 Using PowerShell nqf92FG.png

5. Click Next and Windows would automatically find and pick the required drivers in one of the sub-folders, if "Include subfolders" is enabled.

You can also use Dism tool to import backup device drivers.

You can restore them using the following command:

Code:
    Thus the drivers backup and restore task has been made plain simple and easy by the excellent DISM tool and Powershell.

:)

FreeBooter, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Backup and Import Device Drivers in Windows 10 Using PowerShell - Similar Threads - Backup Import Device

2. How important is the AsIO.sys driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How important is the AsIO.sys driver?: Due to Windows' own recommendation I turned on the "memory integrity" setting in the Device Security > Core Isolation settings.Since then, after launch Windows says that it cannot load the AsIO.sys driver because of this setting. Googling about this driver it appears to...
  3. How important is the AsIO.sys driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How important is the AsIO.sys driver?: Due to Windows' own recommendation I turned on the "memory integrity" setting in the Device Security > Core Isolation settings.Since then, after launch Windows says that it cannot load the AsIO.sys driver because of this setting. Googling about this driver it appears to...
  4. PowerShell Import-StartLayout

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell Import-StartLayout: I'm using Import-StartLayout to automatically pin certain apps to the taskbar for new users on my machine. It works as in the apps are pinned, but if I pin a new app to the taskbar, they move upon logging off and back in. I was wondering if there was a way to stop this from...
  5. How use Backup in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How use Backup in Windows 10?: I asked this in the Italian Windows Questions Forum. A voluntary expert told me that is better use a third party software. So Windows 10 really doesn't have the backup working properly? There is no way to backup my files using Windows 10? How?Many thanks....
  6. is PowerShell ISE important ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is PowerShell ISE important ?: Hi community ,hope everyone is doing well . i have a question which is "is PowerShell ISE important or can i uninstall it ?" . Regards,Manas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-powershell-ise-important/5f60df63-2fe3-4dfa-9b4b-6c5ca77cf77b
  7. How to Hide Windows Updates using PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Hide Windows Updates using PowerShell in Windows 10: Windows Updates are a way to increase your computer’s performance, add features, and optimize it for better (or for worse). However, sometimes you may want to hide these updates to stop them from being installed on your computer. Microsoft did offer a Hide Windows Updates...
  8. Powershell to remove device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Powershell to remove device driver: I'm trying to write a powershell script to look for a specific device driver and uninstall it. I'm trying $device = Get-WmiObject Win32_PnPSignedDriver | select DeviceName,InfName| where {$_.devicename -like "*Realtek PCIE*"} Because for some reason when i select InfName by...
  9. How to Backup and Restore Drivers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Backup and Restore Drivers in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Device Drivers are software which lets you use anything on PC with the OS. There are drivers for graphics card, keyboard, mouse, and everything else. Now it may so happen that for some reason a device has stopped working, or [...] This post How to Backup and Restore...
  10. Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10 [img] Information If you clean install Windows, you will need to install drivers for each device in the system. Some of these device drivers may no longer be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PowerShell Device Driver Import