Windows 10: How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]This tutorial shows how to backup and restore all profiles, extensions, settings, favorites, history […] This article How to backup and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 23, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge

WinClub, Sep 23, 2020
  2. ddelo Win User

Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10  

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your answer. Mine does too, i.e. imports html file.

As I said, since 1803, Edge does not create an automatic daily backup in html file, but a backup of the favorites and settings. The issue is that this backup is not a replica of the
    %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default folder and thus cannot be restored the way Option Three suggests (my preferred way of restoring favorites!).
    That is why I asked if you knew how to use this automatically created backup to restore Favorites.

ddelo, Sep 23, 2020
  3. How to import the Favorites to Microsoft Edge?

Hi Starcia,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the Favorites and Browser history got deleted on Microsoft Edge. I will certainly help you.

Did you clear the Browser history prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to restore the Favorites and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Check Favorites folder in User profile

1. Open File Explorer or press Windows logo + E
    keys.

2. Navigate to C drive > Users >
    Select your User profile > Favorites.

3. If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.

Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

1. Launch the Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Click on Favorites and select Favorites settings.

3. Click on Import.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge

Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

1. How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - backup restore Profiles

2. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Cortana
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  3. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  4. How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser: Having a place where you can save websites and links that are frequently visited by you is a feature present across browsers running on all Operating Systems. This functionality may be named differently but works in a similar capacity most of the time; you find a link to be...
  5. How do I backup Edge Legacy Favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I backup Edge Legacy Favorites?: Greetings, I'm trying to backup Edge legacy favorites. A tutorial says they are located in this folder: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\ However, the backup program gave errors on these files:...
  6. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  7. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  8. How to Delete favorites from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Delete favorites from Microsoft Edge: I want to delete some websites that I have saved to my favorites bar in Microsoft Edge. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-favorites-from-microsoft-edge/35b7fc41-d161-41a8-ad91-586a21a76b31
  9. backup/restore installed Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    backup/restore installed Edge extensions: Hi, Is there any way to backup/restore installed Edge extensions? 108901
  10. Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup edge extensions

2. SOFTWARE backup all config microsoft edge