Windows 10: How to backup files on a network connected drive - Win 10

Discus and support How to backup files on a network connected drive - Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently my system crashed after successful installation of 2004 update. It won't boot at all. Tried One Key Recovery Lenovo, but it was of not much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alokatzenith, Jul 4, 2020.

1. How to backup files on a network connected drive - Win 10

Recently my system crashed after successful installation of 2004 update. It won't boot at all. Tried One Key Recovery Lenovo, but it was of not much use. After trying all the options, had to reinstall Win 8, then update it to Win 10. Luckily, most of my important data is on cloud, but still a good chunk of data is lost.

So, I was trying to build a FTP for a drive connected to my router that is accessible on LAN and backup all my data maybe Win 10 image as well on that. I am able to access the said drive via my browser by ftp://192............ link but it is not available under my Networks and hence unable to pass its path for backing up my data.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks

:)

alokatzenith, Jul 4, 2020
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Decaf Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

anyone know how to, or a program that will automatically backup my laptop (windows 8) onto my buffalo hard drive that is connected through my wireless network?

the hard drive is wired directly into the network, and can be accessed from any computer on the network.

Decaf, Jul 4, 2020
  4. DaleNoel Win User

How to backup files on a network connected drive - Win 10

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

How to backup files on a network connected drive - Win 10

1. How to backup files on a network connected drive - Win 10 - Similar Threads - backup files network

2. backup drive file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup drive file: Accidentally I deleted all files or programs from the c drive and also deleted them from recycle bin. now, my laptop can't run properly. So I'm tried to reset my laptop, but I'm failed. now, what can I do? how I fix my all problems? how can I reset my laptop properly...
  3. Win 10 network and connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 network and connectivity issues: My Win 10 PC keeps disconnecting itself from the wi-fi. It will operate normally, but if I am playing a game it will disconnect and would give the error message "can't connect to this network". It won't work unless I restart the PC.Sometimes even after restart, it wouldn't...
  4. How to save backup on a network shared drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to save backup on a network shared drive: Hi, I want to save my backup on a network shared drive. I'm able to do a "map network drive" and "add a network location" to this location. However when I want to select this location for my backup I get an error message. Please see attachments for the error message. Any...
  5. Network drive Win 7 crashes files explorer Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network drive Win 7 crashes files explorer Win 10: Hello, Im trying to solve this problem for a while now. Mapped network drive Windows 7 cause file explorer to crash. The strange thing is that the problem only appears after cold start and can be solved by just restarting the computer. Also on other computers with...
  6. File History Backup Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Backup Win 10: I have read many articles over the last 10 years extolling the use of the built in Windows File History facility. Many years ago whilst using Windows 7 I became suspicious of its value as an effective file backup regime when I could not find a few files in the history backup....
  7. WIN-10 files, permissions and backups

WIN-10 files, permissions and backups: I was forced to upgrade from 1607 to 1903 because my hard drive fried. The computer is loaded but my bat files wont run and I am trying to debug the problems. Most of my backups are done with ROBOCOPY. There are three versions that I have been running: an hourly or daily...
  8. backup to a network drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to a network drive: How to setup automatic backups to a network drive? From my laptop running Win 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-to-a-network-drive/1d5dbd64-d939-4b84-bb3b-b80505d0406f
  9. Win 10 pro, network connection

Win 10 pro, network connection: on a Win 10 OS. Wish to set wired connection as default in the office. Wireless is weak, but seams to be the default. Need to change priorities....
  10. File Backup not working with a Network Drive

File Backup not working with a Network Drive: I recently set up a Homegroup on a Win10 laptop so I can see another PC on the network. That PC is running Win8.1, and I would like to use it for file backup. The devices are visible on both ends of the network and have connectivity, but when I choose to use the File Backup...