Windows 10: How to backup full system so it can be restored easily

Discus and support How to backup full system so it can be restored easily in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I am looking for a backup solution that can backup everything on my machines to a NAS and if anything goes wrong can copy the latest backup on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/makehypxlgreat, Mar 3, 2021.

1. How to backup full system so it can be restored easily

Hi, I am looking for a backup solution that can backup everything on my machines to a NAS and if anything goes wrong can copy the latest backup on a new PC without having to install windows, programs, do settings and all that stuff. What can you recommend? How to backup full system so it can be restored easily :)

More detailed:

I have three machines, two of them laptops.

I also have a Synology NAS that I want to connect to the machines via ethernet to make the Backups. Nowadays I don't really use the NAS for anything else, so I will mostly have it turned off of even off site.

I will probably do them every few weeks, after I have some new data on the machines that I seem "backup worthy"

In case anything goes wrong (for example ssd fails, Laptop destroyed, etc...) I would love a solution that can restore everything exactly as it was without having to reinstall programs and setting them all up. Is that possible?

It would also be nice to have the option to make incremental backups so I do not always have to make a full one.

If it is possible to browse the backups without having to restore them, that would be a big bonus in case only one file goes somehow missing.

I appreciate any help and suggestions! Have a nice day!

submitted by /u/makehypxlgreat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/makehypxlgreat, Mar 3, 2021
  2. georgetok Win User

Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Thank you so much.

Dell system I am buying as a back has Xeon E5645 2.2 GHz & 12 GB ECC RAM

They don't offer Xeon W3680 that you suggested

So would that be good enough ?

Thanks

georgetok, Mar 3, 2021
  3. twilyth Win User
    Backup utility

Cobian backup will do file backups locally or to ftp, with or without encryption and compression. However it doesn't do image backups, which is really what you need if want to fully restore your system.

I've used the W7 back up program and Acronis a few times to restore a system and both work great. With Acronis though, you need to burn the recovery cd they suggest FOR EACH and EVERY machine you use it on.

One problem with W7 backup is that seems to break easily. On one machine I did an upgrade re-install and the backup utility doesn't work. No luck in trouble shooting it either. So I now rely on Acronis exclusively for image backups. But I use Cobian for file backups to ftp.

twilyth, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Tom Kunzo Win User

How to backup full system so it can be restored easily

System Restore & Backup For Windows10

What I mean is that in Windows7 there is a facility for auto-backup at certain dates (especially when Windows performs an update) from where one can restore the system to an earlier and trouble free state.

I noticed that there is no such auto system in Windows10.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom Kunzo, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

How to backup full system so it can be restored easily

1. How to backup full system so it can be restored easily - Similar Threads - backup full system

2. How to restore from a full image backup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore from a full image backup.: My aunt left me 12 discs with her computers backup on it including one system repair disc. She recently passed away and left me with no knowledge of how to access the contents of the discs. All I know is it was made with windows 10 and I have windows 10 but other than that I...
  3. How to restore from a full image backup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore from a full image backup.: My aunt left me 12 discs with her computers backup on it including one system repair disc. She recently passed away and left me with no knowledge of how to access the contents of the discs. All I know is it was made with windows 10 and I have windows 10 but other than that I...
  4. How to restore from a full image backup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. want to install in PC so how can be easily installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    want to install in PC so how can be easily installed?: there must be an easy way to istall this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-install-in-pc-so-how-can-be-easily/6c39bfd1-d1b6-4693-af0f-5e7c3733b253
  6. How to restore Win10 from a full partition backup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to restore Win10 from a full partition backup?: Hello, I am a Win8 user previously I am using Win10, and I am facing problems with Win10 currently.The Windows 10 system can't boot BSoD: INACCESSIBLE_ROOT_DEVICE because of libusb driver problems probably. However I can't find a way to work it out.What I tried are as...
  7. How to restore Win10 from a full partition backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore Win10 from a full partition backup?: Hello, I am a Win8 user previously I am using Win10, and I am facing problems with Win10 currently.The Windows 10 system can't boot BSoD: INACCESSIBLE_ROOT_DEVICE because of libusb driver problems probably. However I can't find a way to work it out.What I tried are as...
  8. How can I backup/restore the system tray layout?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I backup/restore the system tray layout?: I have a Dell Latitude 7490 laptop which is normally connected to a docking station using USB-C. The docking station is connected to two monitors which each run a resolution of 1920x1200. The built-in monitor runs 1920x1080, but I don't use it when connected to the dock (lid...
  9. How to restore system image backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore system image backup: Hi guys, i made a system image backup of the window 10 running on my toshiba laptop via control panel on a external harddrive. And i am trying to restore it by going to window recovery, then system image recovery in advanced options. But the problem i am facing it that when i...
  10. Has anyone tried w10 full system backup and restore?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Has anyone tried w10 full system backup and restore?: Though some testing. Windows 10 is a little too picky about being changed. I was trying my backup software & I also tried partition to partition copy using Mini partition wizard. Both methods ended with windows 10 not able to boot. All windows 10 files were restored & I tried...