Windows 10: how to backup only .xls & xlsx files in Win10 on offline computer

Discus and support how to backup only .xls & xlsx files in Win10 on offline computer in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; how to backup only .xls & xlsx files in Win10 Pro Insider on offline computer ( no internet connection but office pro 2016 installed , most times no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by PratikUnleashed, Jun 17, 2016.

1. how to backup only .xls & xlsx files in Win10 on offline computer

how to backup only .xls & xlsx files in Win10 Pro Insider on offline computer ( no internet connection but office pro 2016 installed , most times no login to MS account on my uncles PC )

so that I can backup only excel files with
    extension .xls & .xlsx over portable HDD or Pendrive offline on Win 10
    if it is not possible by Win 10 Pro Insider built in fuction then kindly recommend me software free or paid all are welcome
    if possible then give me steps please
    I tried Genie and NovaBackup and selected others but it looks so hard at least for me

I want software that can scan my whole PC for .xls and .xlsx files and backup it will encryption bz my Uncle is so Noob outside Excel , Auto pilot needed

thanks in advanced

:)

PratikUnleashed, Jun 17, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

Update on Zune included office 365, now I can't edit excel sheets

Are your Excel files .xls or .xlsx? The phone will now only allow edits on the new format (.xlsx), not the old one (.xls).

Entegy, Jun 17, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    it says can't edit the file. Why..what is the solution..

Excel 2003 files (.xls) cannot be edited on the phone. The phone will only edit .xlsx files.

Entegy, Jun 17, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

how to backup only .xls & xlsx files in Win10 on offline computer

Open File Explorer in This PC, type ext:xls to Search. This searches the whole PC for files with extension XLS or an extension starting with XLS (like XLSX). When done, select all files and copy them, paste to anywhere where you want to store them.

how to backup only .xls & xlsx files in Win10 on offline computer [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

5. Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how to backup only .xls & xlsx files in Win10 on offline computer

1. how to backup only .xls & xlsx files in Win10 on offline computer - Similar Threads - backup xls xlsx

2. How to link to a specific cell in a specific worksheet in an XLSX file from another XLSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to link to a specific cell in a specific worksheet in an XLSX file from another XLSX: I have a XLSX spreadsheet that I want to create a link in to another XLSX workbook so it opens at a specific cell in a specific worksheet.I have the format of HYPERLINK that will do this. However, that uses a http:// reference. If I substitute the local drive reference where...
  3. How to link to a specific cell in a specific worksheet in an XLSX file from another XLSX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to link to a specific cell in a specific worksheet in an XLSX file from another XLSX: I have a XLSX spreadsheet that I want to create a link in to another XLSX workbook so it opens at a specific cell in a specific worksheet.I have the format of HYPERLINK that will do this. However, that uses a http:// reference. If I substitute the local drive reference where...
  4. xlsx file formats not valid

xlsx file formats not valid: i have files that i lost on a external drice i have recovered them but try to open and i get xlsx file formats not valid i have tried all steps that i have read up on with no results im stumped is there any other steps or solutions that i may try...
  5. Indexing does not support XLS and XLSX files on Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing does not support XLS and XLSX files on Server 2019: I have a Server 2019 setup with about 1 TB in files and indexing is working, but it is missing the .xls and .xlsx file extensions in the indexing options, while it does included .doc and .docx. I have tried to add it manually, but that uses a plain text filter and that does...
  6. Indexing does not support XLS and XLSX files on Server 2019

Indexing does not support XLS and XLSX files on Server 2019: I have a Server 2019 setup with about 1 TB in files and indexing is working, but it is missing the .xls and .xlsx file extensions in the indexing options, while it does included .doc and .docx. I have tried to add it manually, but that uses a plain text filter and that does...
  7. How to Convert CSV to Excel (XLS or XLSX) using Command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Convert CSV to Excel (XLS or XLSX) using Command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Here is a tutorial to convert CSV to XLS or XLSX using the command-line interface in Windows 10. There are multiple ways to convert a CSV file to Excel formats (XLS, XLSX). You can use Microsoft Excel, a dedicated converter freeware, or an online tool to perform the...
  8. File explorer difficulty with xls and xlsx files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer difficulty with xls and xlsx files: Hi there,I've noticed that if I change the default program to open xls and xlsx files to an open source one, like libre office, the windows file explorer does some crazy things. First ctrl+c doesnt copy the files to clipboard anymore. Second I cant select multiple files with...
  9. xls files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    xls files: Good Day I am working from home so I transferred all documenttion from my Work Computer to a Usb but when I try to open it shows as a xls file and not exe. I eventually got it open from my Computer but when I email the documents they can't open it Please assist urgently...
  10. How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files: I know how I'm supposed to do it, SETTINGS==>DEFAULT APPS==>CHOOSE THE DEFAULT APP BY FILE TYPE, but Excel 2016 is not an option. Instead, it tries to send me to the App Store. I think I have tried everything except reinstalling Office. 63196