Windows 10: How to backup system to usb drive

Discus and support How to backup system to usb drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how to backup system to usb drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup/f4fb734b-8539-408f-9687-b702947d00e6 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nojay, Jan 25, 2020.

1. nojay Win User

How to backup system to usb drive

how to backup system to usb drive

:)

nojay, Jan 25, 2020

2. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

1. How to backup system to usb drive - Similar Threads - backup system usb

2. Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.: I upgraded to Windows 11, from Windows 10, and is running successfully.When trying to backup existing files and folders to a USB drive, not all files are backed up:- Documents, Pictures are missing on the drive, and I then had to transfer manually. This creates a doubt as to...
  3. Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.: I upgraded to Windows 11, from Windows 10, and is running successfully.When trying to backup existing files and folders to a USB drive, not all files are backed up:- Documents, Pictures are missing on the drive, and I then had to transfer manually. This creates a doubt as to...
  4. USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image: Hello.. I have a usb stick of san disk capacity 204GB. Although it has plenty of space, it does not allow me to create a system image. It sends me the message in the title. on the contrary, another usb stick of my sandiskextreme 3.1 256 GB appears as valid.Can i do something...
  5. System Image Backup Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image Backup Drives: I purchased a Toshiba 2TB external hard drive-I made a system image from that. I decided something did not feel right about the drive, the drive was an awkward looking size. I deleted the system image and returned it. I had almost 6 hours of back up on this drive and it...
  6. backup to usb thumb drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  7. Best USB drive for weekly backups?

Best USB drive for weekly backups?: I've been browsing around for USB sticks to backup important files to, and am completely lost in the entire market. I am looking for 256-512gb capacity, here are a couple i found. I have no idea what i should be looking for in USB sticks. Does anyone have experience and could...
  8. Backup of System drive.

Backup of System drive.: I hope this is the right forum for this question which is to do with backing up Windows 10. I have recently purchased a new laptop which came with Windows 8 and a 1TB hard drive which I partitioned into two - one for the OS (Drive C) and the other for data (Drive F). The...
  9. can use usb flash drive to make system image backup?

can use usb flash drive to make system image backup?: Hi. I have Windows 10 Home running on Lenovo desktop. Can a 128 gb usb 3.0 flash drive be used to make a system image backup? Is a usb flash drive the same as a usb jump drive? Thanks. 73270
  10. USB Backup drive location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Backup drive location: Windows 10 File manager confuses me. My Seagate 5TB external drive is in 2 places on the left column. First it is on the same outline level as This PC, One Drive, and Quick Access and just above Network. Expand This PC and it is also there as drive (E). Curious minds want to...